Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199368 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #1525 on: September 12, 2011, 10:47:07 PM »
Best scene in this season was when Eric just drinks the blood out of the heart while using the artery as a straw, hilarious and bad-ass.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 12, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
Entourage 7/10

Entourage is a show that should have ended two seasons ago. When it was new and fresh, it portrayed a side of Hollywood that I have always been curious about and frankly, didn't know how exactly it worked. That's why I loved Entourage. The characters displayed and shown may not be true to life but they each play a critical stereotype that helps explain the movie industry as a whole. And better yet, it was funny....really funny. Case in point, is Entourage's stereotype of an egotistical, yet bold talent agent named Ari Gold. If he wasn't in the show, it would have collapsed, period. His antics, sayings, and overall demeanor made not only the show interesting, but other characters interesting. From the shows onset, I really really thought that they might give him more of the focus. They finally did in Season 8, but that was little too late and turned out to be very predictable.

Still, even though this show has been characterized as the guy's version of Sex in the City, it's way better than that. I've been forced to watch that show. It is static and lame. Entourage is way more clever and informative.

I recommend anyone looking for a great comedy to check it out but stop at season 4. There are some bright spots afterwards especially Ari rolling through the office and paint-balling people he fires but it is all down hill from there.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:54:42 PM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 15, 2011, 07:31:58 AM »
Bad news for fans of Sherlock (the TV series, not the inferior-but-noisier movies with RDJ although RDJ is a great Sherlock in his own right, they don't have the chemistry as Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch), season 2 has been delayed to 2012 :(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:34:20 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 15, 2011, 09:26:31 AM »
Bad news for fans of Sherlock (the TV series, not the inferior-but-noisier movies with RDJ although RDJ is a great Sherlock in his own right, they don't have the chemistry as Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch), season 2 has been delayed to 2012 :(
Typical BBC Rubbish.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 17, 2011, 02:14:20 AM »
So a new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is upon us with a two-part (out of a 3 episode arc) premier taking place entirely under the seas of Mon Calamari, and after watching it I can only shrug.  These episodes were a bad idea, both from a story and animation standpoint.  With the entirety of both episodes taking place underwater, that meant instead of the usual painstakingly-crafted Clone Wars backgrounds and movement, we got a whole lot of blue/green/black backdrop and characters swimming in circles.  Exciting.  The story really isn't anything special so far that we haven't already seen done in previous episodes of the show, and I'm astonished that the writers managed to put Admiral Ackbar in these episodes while resisting the urge to have him say his famous line.  And then the show brings the Gungans in (including Jar-Jar), which must have been some kind of editorial mandate as George Lucas continues to mock the Star Wars fanbase.

This premier wasn't bad, but it was painfully mediocre and boring (and we still have another episode to go on Mon Calamari).  Not a good start for a show still trying to redeem itself for how poorly the first half of Season 3 went.  It feels like the show is stuck in place and spinning its wheels.  C'mon, Lucasfilm.  This is the show's fourth season.  Let's pick up the pace and actually move the story forward towards the events of Revenge of the Sith, or at least towards more interesting events than this.

And a big "BOOO!" to Cartoon Network for having Thundercats sit this week out so Clone Wars could take its time slot.

BTW, did anyone else notice that Young Justice returned tonight after its 7 month hiatus?  Pretty decent episode, too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:15:58 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: September 17, 2011, 02:32:45 AM »
With tonight's two premiers out the way and several shows nearing the end of their season (or at least the halfway point), I'd like to highlight how a few other shows are going right now:

Thundercats (Season 1 - 8 episodes) - This show hit its stride early, and has been consistently entertaining, exciting, and very well-animated and acted.  It also likes to prey on your expectations if you've seen the original series so it can subvert them.  If you haven't started watching this show yet and you love shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender, I suggest you climb aboard because this is a great show.  My only big complaint with it is that the show has no real opening credits song, merely a 4 second reprise of the end of the 1980s Thundercats theme.

Warehouse 13 (Season 3 - 9 episodes) - This show's had a pretty strong season this year, helped greatly by expanding the cast and the mythology of the show.  This season's had a few episodes that just don't work (like the typical horrible episode that takes place inside a video game modeled after the Elder Scrolls...that uses Arcade sound effects and mannerisms...ugh), but it's been a solid season overall and the overarching plot is pretty interesting.  I was happy to see the show picked up for a season 4 next year as well, especially after Eureka is being canceled after next year.

Eureka (Season 4.5 - 9 episodes) - Honestly, I wasn't too sad to see this show getting the axe after next year.  This season has shown that the show's formula is just getting increasingly stale, despite the writers' best efforts to try to spice it up.  The formula's gotten so prominent at this point you could have a rather dangerous drinking game based on it, but at least the show's still fairly entertaining and the cast is great as always.  And you have to love the geeky in-jokes this show will just throw out at any moment.  But it's seriously time for this show to start moving forward, as the "disaster of the week" stuff is really getting tiresome.

Alphas (Season 1 - 9 episodes) - This show came out of nowhere, and while it had a bit of a rough start (as Warehouse 13 did its first season) the show has gotten consistently better with almost every episode.  The cast is growing on me (especially Gary, who despite a potentially-obnoxious character trait in his autism is probably my favorite character on the show), the stories are pretty engaging, and the show actually manages to portray low-grade superpowers in live action fairly convincingly.  The show still has some ways to go, but it's been picked up for a Second season and deservedly so.  It's a good show that's showing the potential to become a great one.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:35:08 AM by broodwars »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 19, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »
Always Sunny s7

OMFG. I feel like I haven't seen this show in forever, but I also haven't laughed that damn hard in a while. Frank's hooker and the crack, Charlie in the limo with the ridiculous plan (I had to pause and rewind it since I missed what was being said) and Fat Mac with his "Diabetus".

Quotes of the episode:
"this jacket is tighter than dickskin" - Roxy
"Now help me dig these crack rocks outta my ass" - Roxy
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:19:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 19, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »
What about the dude who claimed to be McNabb coming back as Tiger Woods? Or even better, Dennis's need to do crack once again? That scene with him and Mac eating chimichangas is why I watch this show.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 19, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »
I wasn't trying to spoil the episode. I was laughing the whole time.

Franks hair is so crazy. Fat mac and his trash bag of chimi's, Dee sucking off Alvin from The Cosby Show, Roxy... oh fuckin Roxy. RIP. just met ya, already gonna miss ya.

And Charlie makes this show for me. Mac is great, Dennis is good, Frank is fuckin crazy, but Charlie, that guy gets me.
And he was practically himself still in Horrible Bosses. it was great.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:18:38 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 19, 2011, 06:21:47 PM »
Yeah Charlie is my favorite as well, though the show didn't enter greatness till Frank joined in.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 19, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »
That was a great start for their Season 7. Laughing all the way through, and that limo scene was just awesome lol.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 20, 2011, 12:55:53 AM »
new himym and 2.5 was pretty meh
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 20, 2011, 01:16:05 AM »
The Emmy's - Disappointing.

Would have like to see Amy Poeler and Steve Carrell win. Can't believe Jon Hamm didn't get best actor in a drama. I thought for sure he was a lock with his performance in "The Suitcase" episode and with no Cranston around. And will they please give the Emmy for best variety show to someone other than Jon Stewart. At least The Amazing Race took back best reality program and Mad Men won best Drama.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 20, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »
...people outside of the industry watch the Emmy Awards?
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 20, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »
"Khushrenada
Creativity is at an all-time low."

sounds like he's part of the industry to me,

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 20, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
Alphas is...ok as far as "Heroes"-esque shows go, but there's just something about the show that hasn't really clicked with me yet.  Maybe it's the various Alphas not being all that likeable and their powers being portrayed in less-than-impressive ways.  The show feels kind of like if the X-Men kind of...sucked.  It did improve greatly in its second episode, though.  I do wish that TV networks would stop trying to do superpower shows in Live-Action, as IMO you just can't portray larger-than-life stuff like that well in Live Action.  That's what we have animation for.
Alphas was interesting.
I really didn't think I was gonna like the EMF guy, but his character traits became less annoying and more humorous in the 2nd episode.
Alphas (Season 1 - 9 episodes) - This show came out of nowhere, and while it had a bit of a rough start (as Warehouse 13 did its first season) the show has gotten consistently better with almost every episode.  The cast is growing on me (especially Gary, who despite a potentially-obnoxious character trait in his autism is probably my favorite character on the show), the stories are pretty engaging, and the show actually manages to portray low-grade superpowers in live action fairly convincingly.  The show still has some ways to go, but it's been picked up for a Second season and deservedly so.  It's a good show that's showing the potential to become a great one.

I had thought this show had ended after 7 episodes since no updates were online since then that I saw until Brood posted that he saw 9 episodes.

I know most people have probably written this show off already, but this show was like if they rebooted heroes from the start but merged it with The 4400, set it up like the X-Men and kept it all based in reality as much as possible. There are no crazy people that can siphon all powers and horde them for later use. There are no people that can fly or shoot lasers out of their eyes. And actually ever single power that is in this show has some sort of scientific explanation and is actually very subtle in its use for the most part.

And Gary, he used to annoy me so much, but half the time he is comic relief now, some other times he is just a little annoying, but where I thought I was gonna hate him, he is now the most entertaining one on the show.

edit: So if there are any Heroes, The 4400, X-Men, No Ordinary Family fans out there that are looking for an actual good super show(The 4400 is the exception since that show was great), I think Alphas has been doing it all just right so far. Give it a shot, watch the first few episodes, realize that this is much better than Heroes or NOF.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:24:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 21, 2011, 01:55:25 AM »
...people outside of the industry watch the Emmy Awards?

Absolutely. It's a way to validate the time I've wasted watching TV. As far as award shows go, I watch the Emmy's, Oscar's and Golden Globes. Some years they suck, some years they are very entertaining. A Ricky Gervais appearance is always a highlight, especially if he hosts. Don't really watch much award shows after that.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 21, 2011, 02:03:26 AM »
Khush watches the GLAMOROUS awards shows, broodwars complains about BEAUTY AND THE BEAST DVD... What the heck is wrong with this forum  :-*
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 21, 2011, 02:08:24 AM »
Meanwhile BnM gets locked and warned for a thread about good old fashioned man-woman interactions. Do I detect an agenda?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 21, 2011, 02:15:23 AM »
+1 my friend

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 21, 2011, 02:21:29 AM »
Khushrenada is secure of his manliness. So secure he watches musicals and romances. Alone.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 21, 2011, 05:57:34 AM »
Alphas is...ok as far as "Heroes"-esque shows go, but there's just something about the show that hasn't really clicked with me yet.  Maybe it's the various Alphas not being all that likeable and their powers being portrayed in less-than-impressive ways.  The show feels kind of like if the X-Men kind of...sucked.  It did improve greatly in its second episode, though.  I do wish that TV networks would stop trying to do superpower shows in Live-Action, as IMO you just can't portray larger-than-life stuff like that well in Live Action.  That's what we have animation for.
Alphas was interesting.
I really didn't think I was gonna like the EMF guy, but his character traits became less annoying and more humorous in the 2nd episode.

I had thought this show had ended after 7 episodes since no updates were online since then that I saw until Brood posted that he saw 9 episodes.

I know most people have probably written this show off already, but this show was like if they rebooted heroes from the start but merged it with The 4400, set it up like the X-Men and kept it all based in reality as much as possible. There are no crazy people that can siphon all powers and horde them for later use. There are no people that can fly or shoot lasers out of their eyes. And actually ever single power that is in this show has some sort of scientific explanation and is actually very subtle in its use for the most part.

And Gary, he used to annoy me so much, but half the time he is comic relief now, some other times he is just a little annoying, but where I thought I was gonna hate him, he is now the most entertaining one on the show.

edit: So if there are any Heroes, The 4400, X-Men, No Ordinary Family fans out there that are looking for an actual good super show(The 4400 is the exception since that show was great), I think Alphas has been doing it all just right so far. Give it a shot, watch the first few episodes, realize that this is much better than Heroes or NOF.

What about Sanctuary?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 21, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
Never got into Sanctuary. All I know is that it is some UK super natural creature show.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »
Khush watches the GLAMOROUS awards shows, broodwars complains about BEAUTY AND THE BEAST DVD... What the heck is wrong with this forum  :-*

Actually, I complained about an aspect of the Beauty & the Beast Blu-Ray while talking about hopes for the upcoming Lion King Blu-Ray.  "Human Again" was a terrible song that was cut from the original theatrical version for a reason: it was terrible and redundant ("There may be something there that wasn't there before" covers all the same ground a few minutes prior).  But then the show got popular on Broadway and they shoehorned that terrible song back into the movie, and then changed the look of the movie so the story only makes sense if "Human Again" is in it.  I hate that aspect of the Beauty & the Beast Blu-Ray, which is otherwise flawless.  I don't want the same thing to happen with Lion King and the even worse "Morning Report" song, which was another song cut from the original theatrical version for good reason and restored later.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 21, 2011, 11:40:15 AM »
Never got into Sanctuary. All I know is that it is some UK super natural creature show.

It's North-American...