Author Topic: Wii component in stores  (Read 3935 times)

Offline zxkork

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wii component in stores
« on: December 28, 2006, 04:44:35 AM »
Are the Nintendo brand component cables available in store yet?

Should I just order online and wait a few years for them to arrive in the mail?

Thanks

Zx
Wii will rock you

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
RE:Wii component in stores
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 05:18:04 AM »
I've seen lots in stores. Not actual Nintendo-made cables though. If you're ok with 3rd party cables you shouldn't have a problem finding them.
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:47:45 AM »
3rd party cables can be found in stores and work just fine, and they're cheaper than Nintendo's cables.

There's a much larger selection of cables from online retailers.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
RE: Wii component in stores
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »
I have not seen any cheaper than nintendo's, cause they always try to make theirs better like monster cables

I would say just go ahead and order straight from nintendo, i think nintendo still has some in stock, it will take them 2 days to ship it out

but with 2 day shipping, you'll get it in a week.  I ordered mine thursday when they just got some back in stock and i got them tuesday by UPS 2nd day air

and go with 2nd day, it's only like 2 bucks more
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 10:49:37 AM »
You obviously never visited the thread I linked.

Courier shipping increases the total cost by 30%-200%, depending on the cable and store.  And many places ship sooner than Nintendo does.

Forget the Nintendo cables.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »
But Nintendo's cables = 8.5 feet...and they match the system.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »
No they don't, they're grey.  Madcatz' and Blaze's are white.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 04:45:52 PM »
Ok, I lied. I just wanted to justify mg purchase...to myself. Still though, 8.5 feet is nice. I use at least 7ft of it.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 05:16:39 PM »
I was so desprete and there wasn't a price so I ended up paying way to much for Best Buy "best of the best" cables those Cyclone ones. ($70.00 ... thankfully I had gift cards that I recieved free or I would be rather mad, acually I am.) They have a 12 foot cord though, and other stuff I really don't need, like extra insullation and "gold" connectors.  

And I distinctly remember thinking to myself when I first saw this brand's component cables for the Xbox and wondering who in their right mind would buy them.... Well I guess I got my answer for that.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 05:34:26 PM »
That's sad.  You could've bought a cheaper cable plus a crap Wii game or Wii condoms for that money.

You'll bungee-hang yourself with the cable one of these days.  Until then, IMPRESS THE MISSES WITH ITS SIZE.

Offline utarefsoN

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 06:09:09 AM »
why in the world would you not need extra insulation or gold connectors? You spent money to improve the picture quality with components so why would gold connectors and extra insulation, which help picture quality as well, not be needed? Oxymoronic if you ask me. Although the jump with picture quality may not be huge with the extra features of your cables, it is also arguable that the jump from composite to component is not a quantum leap either. Fact is you got quality cables. Expensive they may or may not be, but just rememeber the ago old addage of the cable and interconnect world, "your system is only as good as your weakest link".

think the PS3 with the composite cables. Whats the point of the PS3 to run it with composite? dumb methinks.

I remember in my car audio days were people would spend 1000's on super amps and subs and get the jankiest cables to run it all. Then they got the nerve to complain that it doesnt sound good.

anyway be happy with the cables if you like how they perform. I for one am waiting on Monster. A little birdy told me cables from them are on the way late 1st quarter of next year. If your asking why am i waiting well i dont have a progressive TV yet. So if ima spend 2000 on a dope TV your better damn believe ima spend 60 dollars misely dollars on the best component cables i can get. It makes no sense to me to spend a couple of grand on a tv and then spend 14 bucks on component cables that going to be in charge of sending the signal to this expensive tv...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 07:04:07 AM »

Originally posted by: utarefsoN
anyway be happy with the cables if you like how they perform. I for one am waiting on Monster. A little birdy told me cables from them are on the way late 1st quarter of next year. If your asking why am i waiting well i dont have a progressive TV yet. So if ima spend 2000 on a dope TV your better damn believe ima spend 60 dollars misely dollars on the best component cables i can get. It makes no sense to me to spend a couple of grand on a tv and then spend 14 bucks on component cables that going to be in charge of sending the signal to this expensive tv...

Heh, you're wasting $30 or so dollars.  Nintendo's are the best you can get.  Monster may equal Nintendo's but they won't be better.  You are spending $30 for the name monster.  They might make audio sound better in cars, but rarely do they make anything remotely better in home video.

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 07:23:10 AM »
Go to Gamestop.com, they are doing a 10% off Accessories, enter ACC10 as coupon code, you might also try SAVER as coupon code and get free shipping, not sure if you can do both at the same time.  

Offline utarefsoN

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 07:21:08 AM »
is it me or is anyone else having trouble finding component cables of any kind for the wii? This is my second week looking for a set, cheap or expensive, and every single stores within two cities of me are sold out. Now i understand console shortages but who the hell runs out of cables. i seriously doubt that component cable are sold out for the wii and they are readily available for the 380 and ps3. some thing is suspect.l

for what its worth an EB game employee told me that Nintendo has required them and others( he specifcally named circuit city) to hold off sales of other brand component cables until Nintendos own brand of cable is ready to be sold in store. He also said that Nintendo would allow other cables to be sold on the 26th when thiers became available. I went last night and sure enough no damn cables. ANYWHERE. Now im wondering if what he said was true and the NIntendo cables arent ready to be sold in stores, thus the ban on selling other brands continues or they are actually sold out everywhere. Im leaning toward EB games' statement.
  666 I require your imput on this.

If the EB games dude turns out to be correct, then so much for nintendos claimed support of 3rd parties. It will appear that they care less if 3rd parties make doe, at least not to nintendos detriment.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 08:21:08 AM »
I'd take EB_dood's claim with a large, mountain-sized grain of salt, but it does seem to hold a little water.  I've searched stores here and where I was at Christmas (gf's parents, 6 hours away) and have only seen two component cables in the wild, which included Mad Katz branded at a GS, and a lone pair of Psyclone's $60 at a Best Buy.

Meanwhile, none here locally between two GSes and Best Buy.  Which does bug me - I've heard the React cables from Best Buy are pretty good for $25, and I've got some credit there, so I could snag them cheap until I get Nintendo's.

But this is pretty stupid.  I have no clue where they are and they SHOULD be out by now.  If this hasn't sent a message to Nintendo, I don't know what will.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 05:06:31 PM »
Pro linked his thread way up there.  I don't know how a video cable discussion thread could ever top that one.  Locking.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram