Author Topic: Where are the turtles games?  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Shredder565

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Where are the turtles games?
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »
Can anyone tell me why the Turtles games are being ignored?

We got a lackluster Turtles in Time remake on the XBox.  THe graphics where not bad.  But they used the 4Kids voices when it's a game based on the 87 series! How much tougher could it have been to get the originals?  Although I do like the 4kids guys..and the series they came from...It just came off as weird in the game.    That, and the fighting psychics where kind of slow and sloppy, combined with the longer levels made for a rather slow paced by the numbers game.

As for other games, we've got:
NES- TMNT 2, 3 Tournament Fighters
Gameboy - TMNT 1, 2, 3
SNES, TIT remake, Tournament Fighters
Genesis, Tournament Fighters, and a game that name escapes me at the moment.

Where are all these games?  either on wii or xbox?  And don't get me started on this new activision game.  I hope it plays well, because the models look crappy.  The turtles do NOT have nostrils for one...almost as goofy as a pointless third toe ;o).

Ever since the CG days started, I've dreamed of a CGI version of a game that looked exactly like the original series, like you where playing a true cell based TV show.  Original voice actors returning, and an original plot.  We got it for ghostbusters, and it was more than I ever could have dreamed of.  Why doesn't turtles deserve the same treatment?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:59:28 AM by Shredder565 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the turtles games?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »
The last turtles game I played wasn't very good. If I recall, it was a brawler on the Gamecube. very repetitive and uninspired.

I have fond memories of the NES original though. I actually beat the Dam level!

Offline Shredder565

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:55:51 AM »
I forgot about the gamecube and GBA games.

the third GBA game mutant mele was the only fun one of that bunch....repetetive doesn't even begin to describe the gamecube games. konami sadly lost their magic

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
The best TMNT games are the ones that aren't brawlers IMHO. TMNT3: Radical Rescue on GB was the best of the bunch. I'm not sure why developers have pretty much pegged all Turtles games as brawlers now. They could EASILY exist in a Lost Vikings/Trine 2 kind of game.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:32:45 PM »
Well once Nickelodean bought the Turtles I am sure licenses changed.  Now the new Turtles show is out, and I am sure some games are being made for it. 

I think a Turtles Brawler game is fine, but it needs to be done correctly.  The problem is people do not know how to make a good brawler anymore.  Something that is more than mindless button mashing.  That is fun and tells a story throughout the stages, and can have a deeper fighting system, combo system and such.  And don't put unnecessary 3D platforming in the game to make it difficult.