Author Topic: Cheetahmen 2 NES Release Kickstarter  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Cheetahmen 2 NES Release Kickstarter
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChiQva0TyU

Today I seen this video about a kickstarter to get this really rare and obscure old NES game called Cheetahmen 2 patched up and re-released. Apparently there is some glitch that prevents the game from being completed, so someone decided to start a kickstarter thing to raise funds to get this fixed, and even the Angry Video Game Nerd got involved and helped make this video here to help promote the cause.

Even though I was an NES owner, I've never played or even heard of this Cheetahman thing (until recently). Is it worth the trouble to get it fixed up? In any case, I always think its a nice thing whenever old NES games get some attention and love.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Cheetahmen 2 NES Release Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »
I don't see this being successful for several reasons. One is that the publisher went out of business in 1994. Another is that the game is a sequel to an unlicensed NES/Genesis game. So there won't be licensed release (not that I see Nintendo or Sega licensing NES/Genesis games anymore, neither has had one in over a decade). I should also point out that a ROM of the game with the glitches fixes already exists, LOL. Not sure I can post the link (though since the game was never released and is a sequel to an unlicensed game, maybe), but the link exists on the Wikipedia article for it. So anyone who just wants to play the game can do so already, without having to give money for an unlicensed NES game, they can. But for $1 to get a copy, even if its unlicensed, I guess I can't see the harm.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Cheetahmen 2 NES Release Kickstarter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 07:27:54 PM »
No.