Author Topic: Legend of Zelda 3DS - New Zelda game in development  (Read 4203 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda 3DS - New Zelda game in development
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
While it has just been Aonuma, few details are known, except that it will share more in common with the console Zeldas then the DS Zeldas

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1211631p1.html

Sounds like it could have been in development for awhile as well, considering OOT 3D was made by another company. What I am most happy about is that they aren't going to do another remake, but are going to create a brand new game instead, while still not ruling out a 3D remake of Majora's Mask for the future.

My guess is that the new 3DS Zelda will ditch touch controls, and go for a Zelda: OOT control scheme. There is no reason for it anymore now that we have the circle pad.

In regards to a Majora's Mask remake, Aonuma said:
"It's something I'm asked about often and I assure you that it is something I've spoken to Miyamoto about. But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn't seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:38:31 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda 3DS - New Zelda game in development
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »
That could possibly really cool.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 05:08:25 PM »
The DS Zeldas wouldn't work well on 3DS since the action would have to be moved to the top screen. Plus, the style was kinda dragging me down. I never beat Spirit Tracks because I was honestly just tired of it. Hopefully getting around in the over world won't involve a vehicle that you have to ride on for unreasonably long amounts of time.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
Hate to break up this topic but part of the interview was transcribed incorrectly.He was speaking hypothetically. Here is the original interview if someone here wants to translate it. I think it is in Spanish.  http://ez.mygames.pt/wii/accao/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/especial/entrevista-com-eiji-aonuma-e-koji-kondo-682/
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »
The DS Zeldas wouldn't work well on 3DS since the action would have to be moved to the top screen. Plus, the style was kinda dragging me down. I never beat Spirit Tracks because I was honestly just tired of it. Hopefully getting around in the over world won't involve a vehicle that you have to ride on for unreasonably long amounts of time.

That's a good point, I forgot all about the action being on the lower screen on the DS games. Personally, for me I am glad, because now that I remember, I recall how much I hated controlling the game from the touch screen, it made it harder for me to get involved in the game with my hand in the way with the stylus.

I'd still love to see another overhead Zelda game similar to the Zelda 1-3, and the handheld Zeldas prior to the ST and PH. But that is unlikely.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 12:28:55 PM »
I'd take another overhead Zelda game any day as long as the controls aren't touch screen based. 4 Swords for GC had some good 2.5D graphics (for the time at least). I'd like to see more of that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 12:23:47 AM »
I would love a new overhead, or 3d portable zelda.   In fact as long as its not touch based I want it.  I never finished spirit tracks, I just got too burned out on touch screen controls for the series.   Kinda shames me to say that as a zelda fan, but I just ran out of steam on it.

Probably won't see it, but I would love a sprite based Zelda ala Link to the Past.   In 3D with multiple layers, to me that would be just gorgeous to play through.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 01:03:23 AM »
I would like to see Zelda 3DS have the same art style as Twilight Princess, but act as a prequel to Wind Waker. The story would tell how and why the great flood happened. Part way through the game the sky darkens with storm clouds from the Gods and a continous downpour of rain blankets the game for the duration of the game. Taking note from Majora's Mask, a sense of cataclysmic doom fills the denizens of Hyrule as the flooding water gradually takes its toll on the people of the world. Something like the biblical flood of Noah. By the end of the game the stage is set for the setting of Wind Waker.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 08:31:50 AM »
I would like to see Zelda 3DS have the same art style as Twilight Princess, but act as a prequel to Wind Waker. The story would tell how and why the great flood happened. Part way through the game the sky darkens with storm clouds from the Gods and a continous downpour of rain blankets the game for the duration of the game. Taking note from Majora's Mask, a sense of cataclysmic doom fills the denizens of Hyrule as the flooding water gradually takes its toll on the people of the world. Something like the biblical flood of Noah. By the end of the game the stage is set for the setting of Wind Waker.

Could be interesting, but it would be unlikely since the flood occurred because the Hero of Time never showed up. They may be able to do a sequel to Twilight Princess, then again it is unclear now if there is a timeline split or not because of what Aonuma said.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 06:06:10 PM »
They'll be better off if they continue to distinguish handheld Zelda games from console ones, so hopefully they don't make it a 3D game similar to the home system ones. Making it top-down would be the best way to go, providing a unique experience.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 06:23:22 PM »
Nintendo has tried a couple of different things with the DS games and now going all-in with Motion Plus in Skyward Sword. Maybe the most unique thing they could do with Zelda 3DS is something that takes off from the Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess mold. I know that sounds backwards but I felt Twilight Princess played it too safe by adhering to the example set by Ocarina of Time. There's still room to change up the gameplay and improve upon it.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 09:55:25 PM »
Even though they're not pushing the 3D as much anymore, I doubt they'd choose top-down for that reason. Though I suppose that would also kill my preferred route, Zelda 2 2.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 10:16:40 PM »
Even though they're not pushing the 3D as much anymore, I doubt they'd choose top-down for that reason. Though I suppose that would also kill my preferred route, Zelda 2 2.

I may not be a big fan of Zelda 2, I think it is a bit of a mess design wise, but I definitely would not mind seeing a new Zelda similar to it, Nintendo has learned a lot since then and it would make a unique experience!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
I think the 3D for a top down could be cool.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.