Author Topic: what ever happened to the phantom?  (Read 2148 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
what ever happened to the phantom?
« on: April 14, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »
anyone know what became of the phantom?  was it ever confirmed that it was real/a fake?  anyone know anything?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Army_F_body

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
what ever happened to the phantom?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 11:01:08 AM »
It's real in the minds of the fanboys that conceived it.  I was watching a video game news show on this video game channel my mom gets, G4 or something like that, and the creator of the system was being interviewed over the phone.  He didn't have any concreate answers for anything.  All he had was a concept.  He should have some more definitive answers for a system that's basically a few months away from release, according to him, anyway.  EGM researched it as well and they say basically they have the intention to create the machine just not the means.  Even the company name they picked to produce it under is already trade marked, showing they havn't looked into the realities of consule hardware production.  Supposidly the system will play PC software loaded like a consule and it's own software, that will be downloaded via a broadband server rather than purchased at stores.  The machine sounds exactly like the XBox did when it was proposed.  The only thing that saved it was the finacial backing of Micro$oft to make it a viable system.  I don't see the Phantom happening anytime soon.