Author Topic: a conversation with 2 game stop employee's  (Read 9480 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: a conversation with 2 game stop employee's
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »
Gametap isn't actually free...
is your sanity...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 04:51:08 PM »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »
Oh, nice to see someone else talking about GameTap here. Every time people talk about spending 6 or 9 dollars on a Genesis or Neo Geo game, I cringe.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »
Oh, nice to see someone else talking about GameTap here. Every time people talk about spending 6 or 9 dollars on a Genesis or Neo Geo game, I cringe.

But...that's my purpose in life! T_T
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »

It only really bothers me when the game happens to also be free on GameTap. It's just a waste. I'm horrified to think that people will be paying money for C64 games...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:13:55 PM by LuigiHann »

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »
Nintendo takes capitalism to greater levels.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »

Well the main problem I have with gametap is that its a subscription based service and once your subscription is up the games that you play on gametap go poof. And considering the service is more than 100 dollars a year by the price margin people would probably want to spend some money on VC games or classic compilations.

It only really bothers me when the game happens to also be free on GameTap. It's just a waste. I'm horrified to think that people will be paying money for C64 games...

The main problem I have with gametap is once your subscription is up the games that you played you have no access to because its a subscription based service. Also a lot of people on cheapassgamer use gamelagoon to get "free" Wii points and MS points. And I'd rather own games rather than rent them on a subscription based service because I like to own things if I pay for them and not have them temporarily. And I do agree that 9 dollars is a lot for neogeo games on VC thats why I rather buy the inevitable SNK arcade and fighter compilations. For the genesis VC games for me it depends some are on the genesis compilation disc or if they are VC exclusive.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:39:55 AM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »
I swear it's like some of you guys want this stuff for free or something.  For something like KOF94 $9.00 is STEALING compared to how much that cartridge would probaly still go for.  Same goes for games like Gradius 2 PC Engine Super CD ROM2 (It had exclusive stuff to be found nowhere else) and ESPECIALLY Gate of Thunder, both of which are worth WAY more than their VC asking prices.  I remember when the average Neo Geo game was $250 for the home title.  You will see most of SNK's games in a compilation, but the other 2 are almost guaranteed not to see any apparence anywhere other than the VC and the PC Engine.