Author Topic: New VC Games Announced  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
New VC Games Announced
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:03:51 AM »
It's sequel time.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15152

WII-KLY UPDATE: TWO NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL    

Let's take a quick personality test. Are you the type of person who likes to solve problems by analyzing clues, collecting information and methodically reaching your goal? Or are you more the type to thrust a double-footed kick into someone's face and follow it with a few body blows? Your answers to those questions should help you decide which popular game to choose this week.    

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii™ Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:    

ADVENTURES OF LOLO 2 (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Lolo and Lala are back in this sequel to the popular puzzle game THE ADVENTURES OF LOLO. On their return from the Haunted Castle, the Great Devil kidnaps Lala and challenges Lolo to rescue her again. Now he must take on the challenge of the Great Devil's Tower and Castle mazes. Fortunately, Lala was able to analyze each of the mazes as she was taken to the tower and left clues in the Jewel Boxes in each room. Each Jewel that Lolo collects contains information that will help him in the next room. In order to succeed, he'll also have to push tiles, pick up Heart Framers, temporarily turn enemies into Eggs with his Magic Shots and ward off enemy attacks by moving Emerald Framers. With your help, Lolo and Lala will work together to escape the Great Devil's clutches and defeat him.    

SUPER STREET FIGHTER™ II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen - Violence, 800 Wii Points): When SUPER STREET FIGHTER II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS debuted, the fighting-game genre was forever changed. Along with a revolutionary combo system, the game introduced a new set of challengers to fight alongside the original Street Fighter II cast. In addition to the classic characters of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Blanka, E. Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim, Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M. Bison, take control of four brand-new characters in exciting head-to-head fighting game play. Choose T. Hawk and his unmatched strength to crush your opponents, use Deejay's unrivaled kickboxing ability to defeat your opponents, unleash your inner dragon with the furious kung fu of Fei Long and drill your rivals with the deadly beauty of Cammy. Get ready for the Street Fighter tournament and the fight of your life.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE: New VC Games Announced
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:13:03 AM »
I would love to buy both of these games, but I haven't finished the first Adventures of Lolo game, and I can't bring myself to buy Street Fighter 2 for the VC again, after buying it 2 already.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:49:02 AM »
I just bought Street Fighter over the weekend! Maaan.....
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:27:39 AM »
I think this is the one I've been waiting for. Is there a SSFII: Turbo Championship Edition for the SNES?
If so I'll continue to hold out.  I will only buy one, and it will be the most complete SFII out there.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 05:38:25 AM »
well, at least i'm not kicking myself a second time for buying SFII turbo and then seeing this.

Really, are there any other street fighter games we may want instead of this one so we can hold out for it instead
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:New VC Games Announced
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 05:50:11 AM »
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is the last one that was made, however it's the only one that didn't get a SNES port.  Unless they offer it through Wii Ware, don't count on it anytime soon.  Heck, I doubt it'll even go there because they're going to be releasing the HD remix version on PS3 and 360 and I doubt that they want anything to take away from it.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 05:51:17 AM »

Originally posted by: TheFleece
Why would you have purchased SF this weekend?  We knew on friday that The New Challengers was coming out today.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 06:45:46 AM »
I think this is the Street Fighter to get. (right?)

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 07:06:46 AM »
This is the last one to be released on SNES, so yeah (if that's your bag).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 07:20:07 AM »
Is there another superior one being released on another VC system? Between what you (Vudu) & Darkheart have said, I feel like I should wait for SSFII:TCE for maybe the Genesis or something.

So my question is; Is there another SSFII that could be coming out for the VC that I should wait for, or is this the last version we are going to get?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 07:34:00 AM »
Both Championship Editions (on Genesis and TG-16) came out before The New Challengers on SNES.  However, I'm not really a Street Fighter fan, so I can't say what's the best version that will be available for VC.  Especially because Capcom will probably release a new version for Wii Ware somewhere down the line.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 07:39:27 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu

Originally posted by: TheFleece

Why would you have purchased SF this weekend?  We knew on friday that The New Challengers was coming out today.

I didn't know it was coming out this weekend, why? Because I wanted to play, why else? Anyway there was Street Fighter Alpha for the SNES  and I think there were no more so hold on a little longer everyone!
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline q33

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 08:25:41 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
Is there another superior one being released on another VC system? Between what you (Vudu) & Darkheart have said, I feel like I should wait for SSFII:TCE for maybe the Genesis or something.

So my question is; Is there another SSFII that could be coming out for the VC that I should wait for, or is this the last version we are going to get?

You're getting a little confused. The order is:

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo (sometimes called SFII Turbo: Hyper Fighting)
Super Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo

There's no "SSFII: Turbo Championship Edition".  The World Warrior, Turbo, and Super SFII had SNES releases (and are now all on the Virtual Console). Turbo (under the name "SFII: Special Champion Edition") and Super SFII were also on the Genesis, but while the gameplay was intact, the sound was horrid. IMO, Turbo was the best, as Super SFII was a waste of time in the arcades (it was basically a rushed beta version of Super SFII Turbo). It does have 4 more characters, at least. Unfortunately there was no SNES or Genesis release of the final SFII game.

Just to add to the confusion, Street Fighter Alpha 2 was also ported to the SNES. That game could conceivably see a VC release at some point.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 08:36:06 AM »
But what I really want is SSFII:TWWCETHF w/ the special chip. But I probably have to find an arcade cabinet version of that one don't I?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 10:22:20 AM »

Originally posted by: q33

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1

You're getting a little confused. The order is:

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

Street Fighter II: Champion Edition

Street Fighter II Turbo (sometimes called SFII Turbo: Hyper Fighting)

Super Street Fighter II

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

There's no "SSFII: Turbo Championship Edition".  The World Warrior, Turbo, and Super SFII had SNES releases (and are now all on the Virtual Console). Turbo (under the name "SFII: Special Champion Edition") and Super SFII were also on the Genesis, but while the gameplay was intact, the sound was horrid. IMO, Turbo was the best, as Super SFII was a waste of time in the arcades (it was basically a rushed beta version of Super SFII Turbo). It does have 4 more characters, at least. Unfortunately there was no SNES or Genesis release of the final SFII game.

Just to add to the confusion, Street Fighter Alpha 2 was also ported to the SNES. That game could conceivably see a VC release at some point.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 on SNES was one of the few cartridge games to have loading, which will cause problems when it's uploaded. BTW, Street Fighter II Turbo's correct name is Street Fighter II Turb: Hyper Fighting (not just sometimes called that).

While both VC games this week are good, it's really annoying that this is the third straight week with just 2 games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
Why do you guys lie to yourselves? Street Fighter Alpha 2 will be coming out in a few months.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »
I'm torn. I love Street Fighter 2 but didn't download the previous incarnations as I was waiting for this definitive version.
Now I'm hesitant. Sure this does have the most content of all the SF2 incarnations on the SNES but it's also the least memorable version and, with a couple of exceptions, most of the new fighters failed to catch on with fans as much as the original fighters did. Perhaps I should stick with one of the classic incarnations after all.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 09:51:15 PM »
I got that 20th anniversary Edition for the PS2, it's got all SF2s.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 12:08:05 PM »
I don't think they made any SFII games on SNES after this one did they?
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control