Author Topic: Why isn´t anybody discussing Banjo-Kazooie 3?  (Read 9570 times)

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Why isn´t anybody discussing Banjo-Kazooie 3?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 02:05:03 PM »
Calling Kameo underrated game is like saying Uwe Boil is a underrated director.
I can never understand why people say Kameo and Perfect Dark 0 were good games.

Its because of how BAD both of thouse games were that I have not bothered to touch Viva Pinata.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 08:46:54 PM »
I think it's Rare fanboyism that makes people honestly wish those games were better than they are (or maybe they just aren't used to average games, even games that aren't the greatest can be a lot of fun to play).

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 08:33:05 AM »
Viva Pinata was supposedly pretty good, just aimed at the wrong age demographic on the wrong console and thus likely won't sell very well.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:Why isn´t anybody discussing Banjo-Kazooie 3?
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 08:56:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Viva Pinata was supposedly pretty good, just aimed at the wrong age demographic on the wrong console and thus likely won't sell very well.

That's true.

I don't know about the quality of the game, but is is wrongly aimed at the kids. I've seen videos of it and its a Sims type game hardcore. The game requires you have a lot of patience and do multitasking, something children are NOT capable of at an early age. And the players do NOT get to play as the characters. The TV show may fool kids into believing that they get to play as their favorite characters, when you just overlook what they are doing in your garden.

Plus, the game is in the wrong console. No matter how hard MS and Rare promote this to be a kiddy game it will not erase the fact that the 360 is not a family console.

The theme of the game is nice. Had this been made by Nintendo and available on the GC or Wii, I would've tried it out, no questions asked.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2006, 08:07:35 AM »
I will definitely NOT get either Viva Pinata or Kameo for XBOX360. I have tried Kameo at a computer store and found it less than satisfying to play. A big jumble of characters and action bundled together in a confusing gameworld without purpose or direction. That is how I interpreted it on first try. Viva Pinata is a nice try at someting new and refreshing, but it´s not my kind of game. I want toally immersive 3D world where I can explore freely and solve puzzles, and beat the crap out of bosses and their minions.

As for what I will actually get: I will buy HALO 3, Banjo-Kazooie 3 and some neat racing games too. Apart from that probably not many other games fr that system. XBOX360 is the last system I will buy which has the traditional analogue control. Wii sets the standard for the entire future for me.

KDR11K, yes HALO3 isn´t out yet BUT from what has been released of little tidbits about the game makes it godlike to me!

Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006, 08:32:20 AM »
Viva Piñata reminds me of Sim Life meets Harvest Moon, neither of which young gamers would find interesting, especially since it's too complex for most kids to wrap their heads around.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline kings x

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2006, 10:23:50 AM »
I just bought kameo for $9.  I'd never pay $60 or even the 'usual old price' of $50 for it, but for I am looking forward to playing it, if only to run around and look at the pretty pictures.   Plus I needed something for my niece and nephew to play since the 360 is far from a family console.  No way (in hell) they're playing gears of war or dead rising.  When is halo3 coming out anyway?  I cant wait to jump into that (it's all new to me as this is my first generation where nintendo is not my first choice).  

Banjo?  eh, well see how it turns out, my interest is pretty low though but I havent played a decent platformer adventure game in a while.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2006, 12:46:20 PM »

Originally posted by: kings x
Plus I needed something for my niece and nephew to play since the 360 is far from a family console.  No way (in hell) they're playing gears of war or dead rising.

Kings X, you are an example to follow for parents and responsible adults everywhere.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Majora

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 08:08:28 PM »

I remember when Rare was my favourite all time developer, back in the N64 days. Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, GOLDENEYE, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day; I loved them all.

Then with the release of Banjo Tooie (wosrt sequal name ever) I became bored with it and never passed the game, and was a bit disappointed... But jumped back on board with Star Fox Adventures, infact I really rated that game. Then with the news of Rare going to Microsoft I was CUT... But after trying all their Xbox releases I was really disappointed...

They are nothing compared to what they used to be, and I have a feeling Banjo Kazooie 3 will be rather ordinary. What possible innovations can they make to the game? Collect-a-thon here we come....

Sadler, you're small time.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 03:56:25 AM »
Figured I'd bump this in hopes that Microsoft will have a nice portion of this game to show off tonight.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 05:14:31 AM »
Why does Rare tend to make crap compared to their awesome games on the SNES and N64?

Because most of Rares best employees have left the studio. Simple as that.

Edit: wow I just realized how old this thread was didn't read the bump post right above me haha.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 05:27:07 AM »
While I really hated Banjo's design in that last teaser, I'm hoping this game at least turns out as good as Banjo-Tooie (which still isn't Banjo-Kazooie levels of awesome)...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 06:37:44 AM »
*Obligatory post about how I still love Rare on GBA, but I haven't had the chance to play any of the Xbox games*

That said...the more Rare screws up, the more I don't have to care that I don't own a 360.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 06:14:14 AM »
I feel bad for this game because it's basically doomed to tank no matter what.

BK3 on the 360 is like a clown at a biker convention: it just doesn't belong there and people are liable to be angry at it.

It's such a shame because I loved the first game and loved the characters even more. They would have made a great addition to SSB, had Rare not gone downhill.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2007, 07:58:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
They would have made a great addition to SSB, had Rare not gone downhill.

S_B you just made me sad... What an amazing addition they would've been to Smash, so sad to see Rare go down the tubes this way.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 06:30:58 AM »
Amen to that, S_B.  Oddly I think it would have had a better chance on the original Xbox...I believe that system snapped up a lot of N64 fans that wanted FPSs.  360...who knows what audience it's getting, but my impression it that it's die-hard Xbox fans plus a smattering of Sony fans that are either disappointed with PS3 or couldn't wait for next-gen systems.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX