Author Topic: Nibris Website  (Read 10658 times)

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nibris Website
« on: April 30, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »
I think this is new (I at least havent heard it talked about around here, the Nibris site is up here.  It doesnt really reveal anything new about sadness or Raid over the river, but it does have some interesting tidbits.  It has some music from both games, I like the music for Sadness, it really gives you a good idea of the mood that the game is going to be in.  It also has some info about each game.

btw, when you click on the link for sadness it asks you "Are you at least 21 years old and dont suffer from a heart condition, or nervous disposition?"  Dont worry about it, there isnt anything to worry about, maybe they are planning on putting some more shocking footage up later, but right now it is just type.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Nibris Website
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 03:07:31 PM »
The most reassuring thing about all of this is that they seem serious.  That is a cool website, stylish and well made.  The website is the main reason I don't doubt a hoax, or that they'll fall through and make a bad game.  They might actually offer something really cool.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 03:14:56 PM »
I really like their direction and background, but they shouldnt have said that Nintendo brought games to life, because thats not true.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
RE:Nibris Website
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 05:17:51 PM »
opinions can't be true or false,
mantidor
..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »

I really like their direction and background, but they shouldnt have said that Nintendo brought games to life, because thats not true.

That all depends...ask anyone in 1984-85, and that statement is quite correct.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 05:34:34 PM »
Video games weren't going anywhere until Nintendo entered the market.  They did for video games what the printing press did for writing.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 05:36:57 PM »
It could also mean that, without the Wii's controller, their games couldn'y be brought to life in a medium they were happy with.  
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 05:37:17 PM »
I really hope sadness turns out good.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 07:59:52 PM »
Hostile: Really? I seem to recall the computer game market being unaffected by that.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »
The fact is simple, Nintendo didnt invented video games, period. "They revive the market" "without them we wouldnt be where we are know" etc, etc, all valid arguments but they dont matter, saying Nintendo brought games to life is false.

"They did for video games what the printing press did for writing."

Making them more mainstream? well, that wasnt Nintendo, it was Sony.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 08:31:10 PM »

Making them more mainstream? well, that wasnt Nintendo, it was Sony.
No, in the 1980s Nintendo singlehandedly expanded the videogame market, and made it mainstream. Sony did this again with the PlayStation, but it was not nearly as drastic.. And if Nintendo hadn't done what they did Sony wouldn't be able to do what they did.

The fact remains that Super Mario Bros is the most popular game of all time (although it was packed in), and Super Mario Bros 3 is the best-selling game ever that was not packed in with the system. Needless to say, Nintendo made gaming mainstream well before Sony expanded the market further..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 08:32:25 PM »
Inventing video games and "bringing them to life" are two different things.  If Nibris meant invent, they would have said invent.  They meant that Nintendo brought something into gaming that no other company did.  Among developers, Nintendo is probably the #1 most respected developer.

"Making them more mainstream? well, that wasnt Nintendo, it was Sony."

Hahaha, you obviously have no idea how profoundly the printing press affected the world.

KDR: I dunno.  I never recall computer games being any good (oh!).

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 08:54:41 PM »
There were computer games back in the 80s?  I don't recall PCs being all that popular until the 90s...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 10:45:28 AM »
Bill Bill Bill.  Again with the suggestive icon...now what innocent picture did you turn dirty this time?  :^P

By the way I must admit you have a talent for finding and creating simple, but eye catching anime Icons.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 11:31:02 AM »
Is that a wang?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 01:11:49 PM »
Bill:  Vudu is asking you a question.

Ha.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 01:14:27 PM »
what the hell are you people talking about? thats his/her hand for all I know.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 01:21:56 PM »

No, in the 1980s Nintendo singlehandedly expanded the videogame market, and made it mainstream. Sony did this again with the PlayStation, but it was not nearly as drastic.. And if Nintendo hadn't done what they did Sony wouldn't be able to do what they did.

Sony did not. They stole an existing market, but they did not create a huge phenomenon. Nintendo saved the entire market singlehandedly.

Hostile: Really? I seem to recall the computer game market being unaffected by that.

PC gaming got much much bigger in the late 80's/early 90's (probably because of Doom and Wolfenstien)than in the market crash years, and the NES years that followed.  It was pretty much nonexistant.  Nonexistant in terms of households with PCs, and those that played games on those PCs.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 08:16:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
There were computer games back in the 80s?  I don't recall PCs being all that popular until the 90s...

Back in the day, you could play games stored on cassettes, as well as 5 1/2" disks. The cassettes looked like regular music tapes, and the computer controlled the playing of the tape. Not sure of the systems available then, Commadore, Amiga maybe.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 08:18:11 PM »
ZorK!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 08:28:26 PM »
"Bill Bill Bill. Again with the suggestive icon...now what innocent picture did you turn dirty this time?"

"Is that a wang?"

Stoooop, there's nothing suggestive about my avatars! ;_;  LOOK!

"By the way I must admit you have a talent for finding and creating simple, but eye catching anime Icons."

Thanks!  But apparently this has its downsides!

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 08:53:01 PM »
I knew it was her hand.

But if Im not mistaken those are the Tsukihime maids, and knowing where they came from, an erotic game from Japan, and also the "shiki chan, lets have fun together" text, does make your avatar indeed dirty mister!

but yeah... nibris... they look very promising.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 11:35:57 PM »
Caught red-handed there Bill!

Anyways, yeah, Nibris... I really hope they get a publisher because I'm curious as to what exactly a small studio can accomplish...

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 05:05:24 AM »
Well, their special power IS to boost other people's power through intercourse (which apparently caused them a traumatic childhood)... Also that's Kohaku (I knew I've seen her before but the avatar is cropped so much I couldn't tell who exactly that was). Shouldn't she be more cheerful?

If you define PC as IBM 8086 compatible, yes, those weren't a factor in gaming before the 90s but there were systems like the C64 and the ever popular Amiga out there. Elite originates from that period, as does Turrican. Oh and all those Infocom games. People like Jeff Minter and Rob Hubbard started their carreer on them. A big name at the time was Rainbow Arts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 06:22:43 AM »
"Also that's Kohaku (I knew I've seen her before but the avatar is cropped so much I couldn't tell who exactly that was). Shouldn't she be more cheerful?"

Yeah, it seems the artist goofed up on the eye color of the two...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 08:55:31 AM »
The eye color seems correct. I think the pose the artist was going for is the one she has here.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 12:41:53 PM »
It's the expressions that are throwing me off...(Kohaku always smiles and Hisui is the serious one...)

And whooooops, I totally ruined this topic, sorry!

(Supposedly a Sadness trailer is coming out soon!)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 06:03:58 PM »
Saw some stills from the Sadness trailer, looks quite good.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 06:23:19 PM »
But there is no Sadness trailer yet...
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 06:30:33 PM »
Ok LAST time I mention the stupid name, seriously... but Im reading the description of Sadness which gots me really excited about what they are cooking up, and the whole damn thing falls apart the moment I see "Wii controller", the nice little music of the site, the presentation, everything just becames some sort of a joke, the name is such huge contrast with what they are trying to do.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »

But there is no Sadness trailer yet...

Of course there is ...ign has the pics from what they said was the trailer, which is soon to be released.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 08:09:55 PM »
Sadness sound very interesting, I hope the studio can pull it through

is there a date for the trailer? or we have to wait to E3?

Originally posted by: mantidor
I knew it was her hand.

But if Im not mistaken those are the Tsukihime maids, and knowing where they came from, an erotic game from Japan, and also the "shiki chan, lets have fun together" text, does make your avatar indeed dirty mister!
don't forget the Shingetsutan Tsukihime anime (haven't seen it yet, have to finish Soukyuu no Fanfer first >_>)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 08:53:26 PM »
Yes but the anime was made later. The game is the original source material.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 08:17:10 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11kYes but the anime was made later. The game is the original source material.
yep, I know, but most aren't aware of the existence of the game (I wasn't until a few months ago <_<
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 03:15:01 PM »
i went and had a look at those stills taken from the sadness trailer.....i'm not really sure what to think of them. they dont really look like gameplay, but i guess it gives you an idea of the atmosphere the game is going for.

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 03:50:53 PM »

Ok LAST time I mention the stupid name, seriously... but Im reading the description of Sadness which gots me really excited about what they are cooking up, and the whole damn thing falls apart the moment I see "Wii controller", the nice little music of the site, the presentation, everything just becames some sort of a joke, the name is such huge contrast with what they are trying to do.

How?

I understand it might be strange to read, because its so new...But, to say its a contrast?

Would you rather that developers avoid the system because of its comical name? Then people would complain that its only a "children's" console.

If the developers don't mind it (I haven't heard of anyone cancelling a planned game because of the name change, have you?) we shouldn't mind it.

Seriously, who am I to tell you to like it? I will say this, though, NiBris are apparently accepting of the name because they've played the system. That's promising..

..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

The trailer is also showing people playing the game. I really would prefer if it wasnt like that, its kind of corny, but I understand the need to show the remote functionality, and at least here is a decent model, what the hell were ubisoft thinking when they released that Rayman screenshot with the dumb kids? jesus...

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 12:24:27 PM »
so the trailer is up!, It looks promising, but sadly (pun not intended) not gameplay footage.

Offline OverHeat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 12:34:27 PM »

The trailer is also showing people playing the game. I really would prefer if it wasnt like that, its kind of corny, but I understand the need to show the remote functionality, and at least here is a decent model, what the hell were ubisoft thinking when they released that Rayman screenshot with the dumb kids? jesus...

Ummm...that they were marketing it towards dumb kids? and....Jesus?

Oh! Someone asked about CPU's in the 80's. It wasnt really so much PC's back then, it was Apples. Back then, Apple was a computer, not a "PC" per say. Not like the way we have them now. This is from a consumer perspective, of course. Apple was the first company to have a real computer available for the masses.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2006, 03:49:38 PM »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 06:49:39 PM »
Seems like they've found a publisher - good news!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »
That is good news.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 07:16:43 PM »
Very good news, I hope media of it appears soon!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2006, 08:57:23 PM »
Wow. Imagine if the publisher they got was Nintendo. They'd be able to use sanity effects in the game. I won't keep my hopes up though.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2006, 09:01:10 PM »
It could be EXCLAIM and crush any ounce of hope for the future!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Nibris Website
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »
http://www.destructoid.com/sadness-is-bullsh-t-nibris-official-site-closes-162443.phtml

"Our site eez no longer REAL!"

And so ends a long running gag.  R.I.P.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »
Lmao

Damn, I was hoping it'd go as long as DNF
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 01:45:42 PM »
:( Does that mean no Sadness for the WiiHD launch in June?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 01:48:03 PM »
No, it just means that in HD, they had to upgrade it to full-blown Depression.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »
An upgraded sequel before the release of the original? nice.

Looks kinda like they skipped depression and went straight to Suicide though.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2010, 02:24:30 PM »
Needs more "hiyoooo!"