Author Topic: Music Star "Eve" to star in XIII  (Read 2203 times)

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Music Star "Eve" to star in XIII
« on: May 07, 2003, 09:31:12 AM »
Yet another entertainment crossover as Eve goes from Music, to Movies, and now to Games.

UBI SOFT ENTERTAINMENT SIGNS MUSICIAN/ACTRESS EVE TO VOICE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED VIDEOGAME - XIII  

Entertainment Trendsetter Eve Headlines as Major Jones in Stylish Action-Shooter  

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - May 7, 2003 - Ubi Soft Entertainment, one of the world's top videogame publishers, today announced that one of music and film's hottest stars, Eve, will play the role of Major Jones in its highly anticipated action-shooter, XIII. XIII is an epic, conspiracy-driven thriller set in a highly stylized graphic-novel world. Eve will lend her voice talents to Major Jones, a beautiful yet mysterious character in the game, who helps players unravel clues behind the game's captivating story. XIII is planned to release on all platforms in Fall 2003.

"XIII is a true original - the most stylish game I have ever seen," said Eve. "When I saw the game, I knew I wanted to be involved. My character, Jones, is a strong, sexy female with attitude - my fans will easily relate her to me."

XIII is a stylish, first-person shooter thriller featuring a conspiracy of epic proportions. The game's cel-shaded graphics showcase its unique visual style, which pays homage to its comic roots. As a secret agent with complete amnesia, players unravel clues behind their true identity, while uncovering sinister plots against themselves, the U.S. government, and a mysterious presidential assassination. In XIII, Jones proves a valuable ally, as players will need to call upon her assistance in several gripping situations. This collaborative mode is just one of XIII's varied gameplay modes, which also include stealth, all-out action, and multiplayer.

Philadelphia-born, Eve took the recording industry by storm with her critically acclaimed platinum debut album, Eve: Ruff Ryder's First Lady. Her follow-up, Scorpion, featured numerous hit singles including the Grammy®-award winning, "Let Me Blow Ya Mind." Her current album, EVE-OLUTION, is burning up the charts with the #1 hit single, "Gangsta Loving," and her current single, "Satisfaction." In addition to her red-hot recording career, Eve also appeared in 2002's blockbuster movies, Barbershop and XXX, and is slated to star in her own UPN sitcom this fall. Eve will also star in THE WOODSMAN with Benjamin Bratt and Kevin Bacon, which starts production this month. XIII is the first videogame appearance for this multi-talented singer/songwriter/actress/trendsetter.

"Eve is the perfect person to play the role of Major Jones," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubi Soft Entertainment. "She has a combination of style, sexiness, and attitude - perfect attributes that describe the Jones character. Having a hot personality like Eve involved in the game enforces what the gaming community has been shouting all year - XIII is the coolest action-shooter in 2003."

:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Music Star
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 05:06:28 PM »
Eve is hot.

silks
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Music Star
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 02:20:37 PM »
I gotta say this is an interesting combo. A cel-shaded 1st person shooter based on a french comic book with none other than Eve on the bill.

It will definately give this game a more American Flavor.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Gamefreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Music Star
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 08:42:14 PM »
"Eve is hot."

lol...that post cracks me up for some reason. I guess it's the spontaneousness...

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Music Star
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 09:15:27 AM »
I do what I can to spread happiness my man ;-D
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog