Author Topic: PLEASE HELP  (Read 1745 times)

Offline nineinchfoo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
PLEASE HELP
« on: April 07, 2006, 06:33:35 PM »
I'm having this really weird problem. I have a Pelican Gamecube controller and for some reason it doesn't work with some games, no buttons work at all. I tried it with True Crime and a James Bond game and I get no response.

It works fine with Prince of Persia though and works in the Gamecube menu (before you start a game).

Is it common for 3rd party controllers to only work in SOME games? Or is it a technical problem with the controller that I can fix.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 08:56:39 PM »
It's common for 3rd party accessories to be crap. 3rd party controllers and memory cards in particular should be avoided. Stick with Nintendo for those.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:PLEASE HELP
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 02:13:27 PM »
3rd party party accessories never work unless they are certified by the console manufacture in the first place. second of all Pelican is one of the worst 3rd party accessory makers.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 04:32:11 PM »
Not ALL unlicensed 3rd party controllers suck, but yeah, Pelican does suck as a brand. I am intrigued by this bizarre problem, though. Does it work if you boot the game without the controller plugged in, and then plug in the controller? Does it work if you switch it back and forth with a regular controller? I might be able to work out the solution with this info.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 04:45:58 PM »
My Mad Catz GC controller is the same way. The analog stick doesn't work on games made after 2003. I know; it's completely weird, but that's just the way it works.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 09:43:01 AM »

Originally posted by: Renny
3rd party controllers and memory cards in particular should be avoided.
What other third party accessories are there?  Disc protectors?  Ha.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 07:58:51 AM »
happened with my tru blue controller too
suddenlt stopped working oneday when i was using it on vitua striker 2001

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 10:17:35 AM »
My big problem with my third party pelican controller is that the right and left shift buttons when you hold them down are intermittant. They're shoddily made, but if it's not working at all I'd take it back to wherever you got it and get another one. Or better still, ask for a store credit to be used toward a better brand.