Author Topic: Battalion Wars: Looks like a riot!  (Read 8822 times)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Battalion Wars: Looks like a riot!
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 11:17:53 PM »
Import? Where do you live?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2005, 12:24:40 AM »
Australia. As far as I know it hasn't yet been released or have a set date.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline mjbd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2005, 05:54:43 PM »
I picked this game up today.  I played about 3 missions so far.  It definately gets tougher, but its definately strategic.  When I lose, its because of the bad decisions, and ifis very rewarding when you make the right decisions.  I hope this one doesnt bomb in sales, cause I would bet a Rev version of this game would be sweet, online mode anyone?
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2005, 02:46:53 AM »
just picturing everyone fighting to have control of the vehicles, lol.  I think one of the smaller but neat aspects is that each type of unit whether it be soldier or vehicle they all play in their own unique way.  Currenlty i love the flame throwers and the Heavy Recon, i can't wait to get some free time to play it, D@mn u life why must u get in the way of everything.......wishes for a pause button for life.................................

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 05:30:22 PM »
I've had the game for about 2 weeks now and average about an hour a day after work with it.  It definitely is a real gem of a game.  I can't remember the last time I wanted to get really in-depth about a very big landscape in 3D.  You see this sort of thing all the time with Advance Wars on the GBA and the DS.  However, I haven't since the original Goldeneye when I would try to memorize everything going on in a level.  Batallion Wars sometimes make you study...and sometimes you may just go overboard with the studying and realize that all you had to do was round up everyone and kick some ass.  

Knock out all your anti-air threats...and bomb the S#!t out of the enemy.  

The game is definitely a hybrid of Pikmin and Advance Wars...
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline joeposh

• View Profile
RE: Battalion Wars: Looks like a riot!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2005, 12:03:37 PM »
I enjoy this game alot... but it's hard as hell in my opinion. The first 3 missions are pretty simple but then the difficulty suddenly ramps up significantly. It can be rather aggrivating, but when you do finally succeed it's a great feeling.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
I don't know whether this game's worth taking a chop out of my Rev fund. ;_; I don't know anything anymore! bahaah...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005, 07:02:04 AM »

Originally posted by: joeposh
I enjoy this game alot... but it's hard as hell in my opinion. The first 3 missions are pretty simple but then the difficulty suddenly ramps up significantly. It can be rather aggrivating, but when you do finally succeed it's a great feeling.

Yeah I pretty much agree here.    

Man that Sand Dunes mission really pissed me off.  The one where you guard the fortress and they bail form copters on the beachead.  20 tries later and I finally passed it.

I finally just sat next to the capture pt with my assault guys and killed the enemy soldiers without using targeting.  This technique kept them from lowering the flag.  Targeting was just next to impossible when the enemy was at the capture pt because it would always target the capture pt.

The game sorta plays itself you know.  The whole put your guys in cover and move your arty to strategic pts is a bit lost on me.  IT's hard to give orders.  And it's hard to tell if cover is helping your guys or not.  

You never quite get the sense you really have anything under control or that you really know what you are doing.  

The game is pretty polished tho.  Frame rate is smooth.  

I think the key is just hit start alot and look at the overhead map and use that interface to switch to what troops you want and to get a heads up on where to move your troops.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2005, 03:26:23 PM »
I loved the beach head mission. Did you use the bunkers strewn over the beach?
I just placed my dudes in those and then left my assault troops in the fort to mop any enemies attempting to raise their evil flag. It was awesome placing the artillery units up on the hills and watching them rain destruction! Ka POW!
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2005, 04:11:55 PM »
Yeah I filled up a couple of those bunkers.  Not sure about arty placement.  I fianlly finished it when I left my assault guys back by the capture pt and mopped up guys that made it to the flag like you said.  I also stopped targeting guys cause the capture pt would get in the way and make it impossible to get a target.  

I don't know had a problem on that mission.  The next couple have been fairly easy with at most a couple of retries mostly cause I'm too slow as I look to heal my guys and group 'em together.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2005, 07:48:38 PM »
Yeah time is my biggest problem as well. I don't rush in I prefer to probe and send a recon or whatever up ahead. Sometimes I get caught out on the time factor especially when you have to defend X or kill Y before it crosses bridge F.
Love the game. Would love a combat mode with limited troops v limited troops on a small battlefield even if it was single player.  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2005, 01:06:12 AM »
Spent some more time with it lately (more like just one night).

Got S-rankings in the entire first campaign, minus the bonus mission.

:ROCK:

:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2005, 07:16:01 PM »

Originally posted by: blackfootsteps
Would love a combat mode with limited troops v limited troops on a small battlefield even if it was single player.

Almost like General Chaos for the Sega Genesis... where you could pick a set of commandos for a mission over a whole squad.