Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592456 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 4 days 19 hours
« Reply #4850 on: November 14, 2012, 12:39:40 AM »
lol those kids were retarded :p
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: November 14, 2012, 01:16:45 AM »
Yoshi's Story 2 confirmed.
Just imagine if we had Miiverse now and Nintendo read about everyone complaining about picking up items in skyward sword? Or how many people loathe shaking in DKCR? Of course message boards and club nintendo help, but if something comes about that is universally loved or hated it seems to me the developers would have to take notice immediately. Potentially making their next games better. 

Next game(s) better!?

Patches.

THIS game better.
Imagine if a patch got released that fixed the problems/address the complaints in the games we are playing NOW.

Offline Shredder565

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: November 14, 2012, 08:41:11 AM »
so, I apparently missed the TRU pre order by a long shot...so I guess if I stand in line at 2AM, I'm garunteed one if the line is short?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: November 14, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »
Also I want to add, does no one else think that Miiverse will truly affect the quality of Nintendo's games in the future?

Aside from a Club Nintendo review that only so many people use, the game asking us about our feelings during certain portions of the game is instant feedback to the developers and can only mean good things in the future.

Just imagine if we had Miiverse now and Nintendo read about everyone complaining about picking up items in skyward sword? Or how many people loathe shaking in DKCR? Of course message boards and club nintendo help, but if something comes about that is universally loved or hated it seems to me the developers would have to take notice immediately. Potentially making their next games better. 

I have a feeling that over time if games kept asking you how you felt it would become an annoyance and people would give junk answers to get past the prompt and get back to the game.  I know if I was playing a Zelda game and a glorified survey popped up in the middle of it my instinctive feeling at the time would be "**** off and let me play".  Nobody would consider getting bugged during a game to be a good feature so they have to watch how they do it.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: November 14, 2012, 01:32:13 PM »
Interesting, giving feedback during the game. I think the developers will get enough honest answers to justify using the feature. I agree that it would get annoying if every game used this feature frequently.

Nintendo do these surveys anyway in the UK. When you buy a game you get one of those codes in the box that you can redeem for star points. Before you get these star points you have to fill out a survey though the questions are normally about how you came about buying the game.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:45:26 PM by MrPhishfood »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »
Also I want to add, does no one else think that Miiverse will truly affect the quality of Nintendo's games in the future?

Aside from a Club Nintendo review that only so many people use, the game asking us about our feelings during certain portions of the game is instant feedback to the developers and can only mean good things in the future.

I have a feeling that over time if games kept asking you how you felt it would become an annoyance and people would give junk answers to get past the prompt and get back to the game.  I know if I was playing a Zelda game and a glorified survey popped up in the middle of it my instinctive feeling at the time would be "**** off and let me play".  Nobody would consider getting bugged during a game to be a good feature so they have to watch how they do it.

The good thing is you can turn it off when ever you want.

Though I have a feeling I will have it on 24/7. I figure if I am on these message boards constantly wanting to read what people think I will enjoy this feature a ton. Swap Note is cool even with all it's limitations, so I know I will eat this up.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 3 days 11 hours
« Reply #4856 on: November 14, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »
This is a good piece on Penny Arcade Report about the cool aspects of the system and how they're going to be hard to sell to people.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: November 14, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »
By Ben Kuchera. No surprises that it's a good piece. I've followed his writing since he was on Ars Technica.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: November 15, 2012, 01:17:49 AM »
It's cliche at this point, but somebody has to do it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: November 15, 2012, 03:26:02 AM »
Insanolord have my babies!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4860 on: November 15, 2012, 01:15:44 PM »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: November 15, 2012, 01:40:34 PM »
So I actually found a Wii U demo kiosk yesterday.  After specifically trying to find such things around the Cube and Wii launch it's funny that I just stumbled across a Wii U demo without planning on it.  I don't know why Rayman instead of a, you know, Nintendo game is being demoed but I'm sure that's been talked about.

For me the important thing was seeing how the Gamepad felt in my hands and what it was like to play a game with it.  It feels good.  It isn't unwieldy or heavy or anything like that.  I was easily able to pick up Rayman and just play it.  Though I didn't get asked to do any waggle or use the touchscreen (I only played one level; maybe the others ask that of you) so I didn't get the try the stuff that makes me iffy about the controller.  Still, it so far has the ergonomics right so I'm happy about that.  I know people have stated that already but it's really something one has to try for themselves.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: November 15, 2012, 02:08:36 PM »
It makes more sense for a 3rd party game to be the demo, especially one that looks as good as Rayman Legends. Mario needs no introduction. If you don't know how a Mario game plays you're either 2 years old and haven't gotten around to it yet or you have Alzheimer's and you forgot how it played. I like that Nintendo is pushing a 3rd party game. The weirdest thing about picking Rayman Legends is that it's not coming out until next year so a launch title may have made more sense. ZombiU would have been a good game to showcase since it's a 3rd party launch title that heavily uses the GamePad, but maybe Nintendo is apprehensive about the violence. However, the trailer is available at the demo kiosk so who knows?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: November 15, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
ZombiU would be the best way to show off the GamePad functionality, but I can see not wanting to put a gory, bloody, M-rated zombie killing game as a public demo unit.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4864 on: November 15, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »
I do like how Nintendo is calling ZombiU the must-own game of the winter in their holiday gift guide though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: November 15, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »
Unfortunately, many of the trailers on the demo units are just slideshows of screenshots.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: November 15, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »
Unfortunately, many of the trailers on the demo units are just slideshows of screenshots.

This was the case for me. I was at my local Target last weekend and a friend pointed out they had the demo station. I haven't actually wanted to play a Wii U before launch day, so I could experience all the glory once I had my system at home, so I tried to shy away from it but I found myself passing by as a mom and her daughter were in front of it. It seemed like it was just a slide-show unit instead of a playable unit, though they did have the gamepad there.. but neither the girl or her mother were touching it so I just walked away.

I did think the GamePad was bigger than I imagined but I didn't put my hands on it.. Sunday can't come soon enough!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 2 days 4 hours
« Reply #4867 on: November 16, 2012, 03:45:03 AM »
The slideshows were only for the M Rated games. The other games had trailers.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 1 day 13 hours
« Reply #4868 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »
Eh, either way I'm glad I had the will power to just walk away. In this day and age information is too readily available, I was very careful with news on Wii U so that I know enough about the system to warrant a day 1 purchase but will still be incredibly surprised when I open the box and turn it on and wait for the first firmware update to install to feel like a kid again.

The way it should be when you get a shiny new toy ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 1 day 6 hours
« Reply #4869 on: November 16, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »
1 day 6 hours
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: November 16, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
So Gametrailers's did a livestream of the wii U earlier today. They show a lot of the non updated OS stuff and some games. (Mario and madden)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/27074577

So will NWR have a miiverse account?
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: November 17, 2012, 01:51:56 AM »
I can't wait any longer. give it to me now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: November 17, 2012, 02:59:54 AM »
Did we know Nintendo had finally ditched the whole "blocks" thing and started using real standard data measurements?

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: November 17, 2012, 03:20:13 AM »
I did. but I hardly have time to share anymore.

I also knew Nintendoland came in a regular case.

I also just found out that Wii U Deluxe and Wii U Basic are worth the same amount of points for Club Nintnedo (160) and the bundled Nintendoland doesn't even come with a ClubN code....

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: November 17, 2012, 03:55:39 AM »
Did we know Nintendo had finally ditched the whole "blocks" thing and started using real standard data measurements?
Yes:

Source: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/27074577
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks