Author Topic: Suggestion: consistent prev/next link position  (Read 1569 times)

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
Suggestion: consistent prev/next link position
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »
Having the prev and next links on the pictures is very useful.  I do have a suggestion though.  Currently, for this first picture in a series, there is no prev link.  This makes sense, since there is no previous picture.  The problem is, at least in my browser (firefox), when there is no prev link the next link is shifted over to the left.  So when I open a series of pictures and want to move on to the second picture, I click the next link.  At least for me, my instinct is that when I want to look at the third picture, I click again.  This is because I expect the links to have a consistent position.  This is how buttons usually seem to work in user interfaces.  But in this case they don't, what was the next link gets replaced by the prev link, so clicking the same place I clicked to go forward instead takes me backward.  I think it would be better if the links maintained a consistent position.  It doesn't matter how, there could be a non-functional prev "link" that is grayed out on the first picture, or just a blank space, but I think it would be better if the links somehow maintained a consistent position throughout all the pictures.  That way people can just click without having to think about it.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin