Author Topic: wiiconnect24 question.  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
wiiconnect24 question.
« on: December 22, 2006, 05:42:46 PM »
I use the nintendo usb adapter for my online.  In the little connection window, should it always say there is a user connected with a little signal strenght bar?  Because it only seems to do that when i actively use the net, ie. opera browser, shop etc. It says there is no user connected when it is off or just sitting idle?  Should it be doing that? THanks.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:wiiconnect24 question.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 05:44:14 PM »
I have the same configuration.  It seems the Wii just calls out to the connector it every so often, and asks it to check if there is anything to download, be that updates or simply messages.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
RE: wiiconnect24 question.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 05:46:54 PM »
Ah. Ok. THats a releif.  I just added someone into my address book and it came up as if the other party didnt already have me registered.  So all i have to do is wait.  Cool.

edit:  hang on.  Wouldn't it automatically send something out to see if the other party had added me and finished the connection? I assume someone here uses my setup.  Does it work instantly or do you have to wait for a certain time?

Offline franky005

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 06:12:47 AM »
I do have your setup, and you will see a little reminder on your computer about every 5 minutes when it connects.  And no, Nintendo doesn't have their stuff together yet with Wiiconnect 24, because it is not instantaneous in any way.
Number 81

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 06:24:44 AM »
It is true that sending stuff through wiiconnect24 isn't instantaneous since your message has to go through Nintendo's servers and then it will go to your destination so it might take less than 3 min. to get the message to the destination or  it all depends if Nintendo's servers are busy.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
RE: wiiconnect24 question.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 07:39:25 AM »
ok. things are all good now? thanks everyone.