Author Topic: Wii Number and Address Book Revealed  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Wii Number and Address Book Revealed
« on: October 28, 2006, 01:35:36 PM »
So this is the new generation friends setup.  

For the lazy ones it says that it will be one number for the console rather than each individual game.  These get stored in the address book and this uses the bits and pieces from the message board to do it's thing.  

So you think this is better than the DS's setup? Thoughts?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Number and Address Book Revealed
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 01:44:14 PM »
I'm not that lazy that I can't put in friend codes, but having one code is fine too...

I wonder if Ninty's Wii online service will even go as far as displaying what online game a friend on your buddy list is playing, because that'd be pretty convenient...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:51:58 PM »
That would be convenient, Bill. I think it would also be cool if it stored the person's current Mii as well. They're supposed to take up miniscule amounts of space anyways, so this might be possible if not probable. Another use for WiiConnect24!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »
You're also able to name your console, so it's likely you'll have a username too.

MUCH needed, happy to see this. Awesome.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Number and Address Book Revealed
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »
I'm going to name mine "The Big One"

I really am btw.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 03:21:08 PM »
We already knew, but cool.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 04:08:37 PM »
I'd like to see a feature on Wii that lets your friends know what DS game you're playing online.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Number and Address Book Revealed
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 04:14:42 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
I'd like to see a feature on Wii that lets your friends know what DS game you're playing online.

Pimp!
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 12:16:17 PM »
reality: DS's friend code system sucks.
Bill: must....support....Nintendo....no....matter....what...
reality: Nintendo pretty much admits DS's friend code system sucks by giving Wii a universal friend codes.
Bill: yearrrrggghhhh

Anyway. Good news. I barely play DS with friends online, but I think, with universal friend codes, I'll be doing it alot with the Wii.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 01:47:30 PM »
Talking about the IGN Weekly I wish Matt would have played with the Parental Settings more I sort of want to know how Granular I can get.  Say I might not care if my kid sees baths of blood but They Better not get any of that Fowl Language from there Devil Box.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.