Author Topic: PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) - previously known as NGP  (Read 266187 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) - previously known as NGP
« Reply #775 on: August 17, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »
It would be a better fit on the 3DS.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #776 on: August 17, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »
If by that you mean they could just port MHP3 to the 3DS, control scheme and all, that's frighteningly accurate.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #777 on: August 17, 2011, 08:17:27 PM »
I can see Capcom releasing the same exact game on both the 3DS and PSV, especially since the series has never been the most graphically intense series and most PSV games have not impressed me.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »
The Big Question is:
Will there be a new Exclusive Monster Hunter when it launches?

Not a chance it will be there on the launch date.  Launches are the time to release new ideas and games to give them attention, unless you care about pushing the system.  Better to release a guaranteed seller like MH after the thing has actually sold some.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 19, 2011, 11:42:09 PM »
Does anyone know how much ram the 3DS has? I'm curious on what to expect from the system in comparison to the 3DS OS wise.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #780 on: August 19, 2011, 11:46:02 PM »
Not confirmed by Nintendo, but all the reports says the 3DS has 128 MB of RAM.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 20, 2011, 10:51:28 AM »
Not confirmed by Nintendo, but all the reports says the 3DS has 128 MB of RAM.

Many thanks
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline leroypantweather

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 23, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »
QUESTION:
 What are the Japanese titles that will be available at launch?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 25, 2011, 11:13:08 AM »
Vita is getting a sequel to Little King's Story.

I am therefore getting a Vita.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 25, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »
Anyone have a prediction about how the 3G subscription for the Vita will be priced? Also, I wonder if there will be a contract.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 25, 2011, 03:22:34 PM »
Anyone have a prediction about how the 3G subscription for the Vita will be priced? Also, I wonder if there will be a contract.
It will have a contract option but, I think it will be pay as you go.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 25, 2011, 03:26:13 PM »
How does a pay as you go plan work for 3G data? If the answer's obvious, I apologize. The newest cellphone I got is from 2003.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #787 on: August 25, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »
Apple is one for the iPad. You can choose to activate it for a month, then de-activate it. They describe it as something like going on a trip somewhere that won't have Wi-Fi, so you can pay for a month of 3G (I think it's $14.99 a month for 250MB or $29.99 for unlimited).

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 25, 2011, 03:46:10 PM »
If that's the case, then I'd consider getting a 3G version
(Off topic, but does Apple have a pay as you go plan for the iPhone?)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #789 on: August 25, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »
Nope, not in the US at least. In the US you have to have a contract plan with AT&T or Verizon Wireless.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 29, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »

LKS was one of my favourite games of this generation. A sequel is great news.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 30, 2011, 02:45:28 PM »
LKS was one of my favourite games of this generation. A sequel is great news.

Sorry to dissapoint but it turns out the Vita game is just a remake of the original with a more mature looking artstyle.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #792 on: August 30, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
Who is supposed to be developing it since original developer Cing went out of business in March 2010?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 30, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »

It's still early and so the verdict is still out on what that game is, but from the screens I saw, it looks like a remake of the Wii game. The town looks to have the same layout as the one in the Wii game, and the cow enemy shown is also from it. I also really don't like the new art style, it doesn't just remove the uniqueness of the Wii game's style but also makes the king look like a teenager, which is just wrong.

But it may be a good thing I don't like the way that it looks, because I definitely am not getting a PSPita.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 30, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
I also really don't like the new art style, it doesn't just remove the uniqueness of the Wii game's style but also makes the king look like a teenager, which is just wrong.

Its funny you say that because I always thought the King being a little kid was wrong because of how he gets married and all that...

It was also wrong having multiple wives, but that's a different topic.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »
That's kind of the point, though. Part of the charm of the game is how messed up it all is.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 31, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »
That's kind of the point, though. Part of the charm of the game is how messed up it all is.

Yeah but that's also the reason why the original game bombed.  Little King Story is a game where it's gameplay and content is ment for an older audiences, but the artstyle makes it looks like it's aimed at young children.  As a result, most of the people the game was suppose to appeal to thought it was some kind of kids game and ignored it.

Now I agree the original artstyle gave the game more charm and made it look more unique, but the new artstyle fits better at actually appealing to the audience the game is aimed at.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 31, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »

Yeah but that's also the reason why the original game bombed.  Little King Story is a game where it's gameplay and content is ment for an older audiences, but the artstyle makes it looks like it's aimed at young children.  As a result, most of the people the game was suppose to appeal to thought it was some kind of kids game and ignored it.

Now I agree the original artstyle gave the game more charm and made it look more unique, but the new artstyle fits better at actually appealing to the audience the game is aimed at.

I'm not sure whether I agree or disagree. I finally had a chance to check out the screenshots (and I agree with Mop that it seems to be more of a remake than a sequel) and hear some more details about the revamped plot, and it seems less like this game is targeted at the people who the original LKS was meant for and more like it's going for the Japanese anime audience. I don't intend that as a put-down, mind you.

Admittedly it's quite early, and details are scarce, but just by aging up the king (can we really call it "Little" King's Story anymore?) and inserting an Evil Villain To Vanquish it's clear that the theme is entirely different from the original's. I'm less excited now than before, but I still intend to keep an eye on it.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 14, 2011, 08:17:08 AM »
According to the internetz (specifically Kotaku), Sony announced Vita's battery life: 3 to 5 hours. Also, that's with default screen brightness, no Bluetooth, no network play (I'm assuming this means no WiFi and 3G), and using headphones.

/FACEPALM

Leave it to Sony to give numbers in only the most vanilla of experiences. No surprises here, really. Real world numbers would probably drop battery life under 1.5 to 2 hours and let's be honest, that's downright insulting for what is supposedly a portable.

I'm a little curious what the **** the point of this thing is. Once again, Sony overstepped the limits of technology. It's not portable anymore because it'll spend most of it's time tethered to a wall. This doesn't make 3DS'sesses battery life acceptable; just less embarrassing.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 14, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
Yeah,
Lets say you get the 5 hours in normal gameplay scenario.  I can easily get that on my 3DS going full tilt.  You guys seen how much Netflix I've streamed on it so you know I'm good for the numbers.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.