Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592744 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 6/11/13 Thats today folks.
« Reply #5900 on: June 11, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »
Woohoo Mega Man in Smash Bros!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: June 11, 2013, 10:46:06 AM »
Here's the live stream in non slide show form.

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: June 11, 2013, 10:50:27 AM »
Totally underwhelming show.  It was brutally weak, even more so given the fact that this was an E3 direct.  I seriously have no idea what Nintendo's developers are up to.  Its been a year since release and still barely any new games and most are still slotted for next year.  3rd parties are completely gone, its almost as if they are all working together to slowly kill Nintendo off.  I've never seen companies abandon a system so fast.  What exactly are all the Japanese developers up to? 

Also, please don't tell me that Donkey Kong was Retro's game.  If it wasn't, then where was Retro's game?  Seriously, the only games I'm getting this year for WiiU are Watchdogs and AssCreed Black Flag.   I can't believe that's it.  There is nothing else on the slim release schedule that I want.  Someone wake me up, this is all a bad nightmare. 

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: June 11, 2013, 10:56:15 AM »
That was Retro's game, we already told you like five times in the chatroom.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5904 on: June 11, 2013, 11:02:49 AM »
Wow, I am underwhelmed.  Seriously, Nintendo has some cool games coming out, but not enough cool games to warrant a purchase until 2014...and that means the system will be in its second year...probably half way through its second year before people are going to buy it. 

And Nintendo you are embarrassing yourself.  You better start pimping out 3shop VC games and Indie games fast, because right now nobody will buy a Wii U.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: June 11, 2013, 11:08:44 AM »
Kotaku just posted a quick op-ed of what they've played so far. This paragraph has me really really really worried.

What’s so strange about their showing—what’s so bizarre in light of the repeated calls for Nintendo to do a Sega and start making games for other consoles—is that the four, fun new games I played for Wii U, barely justify the platform. Two of them, Mario World and Donkey Kong use the Wii U’s signature, the screen in its controller, to simply duplicate what is displayed on the TV. One of them uses the GamePad screen as a map. The other, Mario Kart, uses it either as a map or a horn, depending on which display you choose. Nintendo could hardly have made a weaker case for needing its own hardware to make its own games.

If that's all they've got for Gamepad integration, I am seriously pissed off.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-s-new-games-are-fun-but-they-re-playing-it-ri-512547336

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: June 11, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »
 watching it on youtube and here's my impressions.

Pokemon X and Y- Completely unnecessary when they could ave decided to just live stream the roundtable. Game looks good, despite Fairy type being stupid. I was expecting an announcement of a Wii U battle arena game.

Super Mario 3D world- Its a Wii U version of Super Mario 3D Land, Its not a bad thing per say as 3D land is my favorite Mario, but I was expecting something bigger for Mario HD. I was guessing something harking back to Mario 64. The graphics aren't all that mind blowing either compared to Sonic Lost world or even the galaxy games. The mulitplayer looks fun and i'm hoping for online mode.

Mario Kart 8- I had my doubts about this game but it looks amazing for what it is. Really wasn't expecting the art style/graphics to wow me the way they did. The first thing if the direct that made me take notice.

Wii U Party- Not my cup of tea but looks okay. Shouldn't be delayed though.

Wii Fit U- Another game that shouldn't be delayed

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker- Looks better than most Original Wii U games which is sad. The tingle stuff looks okay but why couldn't the just use the 3DS?

Art Academy- A nice addition for miiverse but not really E3 worthy.

X - Game of the motherfucking direct. My reason for buying a Wii U. The music was ace.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze- sigh

Bayonetta 2- new design is awesome.

Smash Bros- I need it in my veins nao.

The Wonderful 101- Platinum games are doing it great.   
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:02 AM »
That was Retro's game, we already told you like five times in the chatroom.

Sorry, that chat was freezing on me and missed a bit of the convo.  Either way, ugh... is how I'll sum up the conference. 

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
 Here are the eShop games from the sizzle reel.
  • Ballpoint Universe, a side-scrolling shooter from Arachnid Games.
  • Cloudberry Kingdom from Ubisoft, a co-op platformer with randomly generated levels.
  • Coaster Crazy Deluxe by Frontier Developments, a rather insane roller coaster management game.
  • DuckTales: Remastered from Capcom, an HD 2.5D remake of the original Duck Tales game from 1989.
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, also from Capcom, an HD remake of Capcom's two D&D-themed side-scrolling beat 'em ups.
  • Renegade Kid's Mutant Mudds Deluxe, an enhanced version of the 3DS eShop platformer Mutant Mudds.
  • Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty, a new Oddworld platformer title from the makers of the original Oddworld games.
  • Scram Kitty & His Buddy on Rails by Dakko Dakko, an action game with a very unique visual style (and name).
  • Shovel Knight from Yacht Club Games, a recently Kickstarted indie metroidvania platformer.
  • KnapNok Games' Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party, a quirky party game that supports up to eight players.
  • And finally, A World of Keflings by Ninjabee, a "kingdom-building adventure" where you take care of creatures called keflings.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: June 11, 2013, 11:24:53 AM »
Soooooo that was kind of terrible. Despite prudent warnings not to get too hyped about this given Nintendo's track record over the last few years, I totally was. Mostly because they needed to pull off an impressive E3 to stem the tide. Unless they've got some surprise announcements in the next two days, they failed pretty badly on that front.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: June 11, 2013, 11:37:38 AM »
Terrible doesn't even do it justice.  I had assumed that, at a minimum, there franchise releases will be great but even they were underwhelming.  Every game looked like they either used Wii or 3ds assets for their engine.  X looked like the only thing really doing anything with the WiiU architecture.  There were absolutely no surprises what so ever and the direct practically confirmed that 3rd parties have kissed the WiiU goodbye for the rest of this year and possibly the next.  Ubisoft was the only one that had major releases like Watchdogs, Ass Cread, and Splinter Cell.  Outside of the new Batman game (a license game) there was nothing of note from 3rd parties.  Even then, Ubisoft wasn't even good for a new original release.  I was banking on them of all people to at least have 1 new title for the WiiU, even if it was just a sequel to ZombiU. 

I can't even begin to put into words how disappointed I am with this E3, in relation to Nintendo and overall in general.  This is the first time in my life where I've seen all 3 major conferences and am left with nothing to really be excited about for the coming year.  I don't want to come to the realization that gaming could be dieing to me :/.

Well time to go back to the ignorant bliss that is my Animal Crossing life and forget what has transpired in the past 2 days. 

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #5911 on: June 11, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
"Our strong partnerships are certainly evident through the titles scheduled to launch this year."

And here are ten games you already knew about that prove how strong our third party relationships are. *facepalm*
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: June 11, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
and here I thought Nintendo going to a Nintendo direct for E3 as apposed to a full on conference was a bold move on their part but looking back at it now, it was simply because they really had nothing to show.  Thank GOD they realized this and made the change because had this been a full on conference, it could've really crashed and burned almost to Konami '10 levels.  The lack of surprises and enthusiasm in what they showed would've put the crowd to sleep.  It would've been brutal to watch. 

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: June 11, 2013, 12:05:12 PM »
It was pathetic at best.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 6/11/13 4ish days
« Reply #5914 on: June 11, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »
Here is a list of games that I hope are announced for the Wii U, and will be disappointing if they are not announced:
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Deadpool
  • TMNT: Out of the Shadows
  • Star Fox
  • F-Zero
  • Dead Rising 3
oh you poor, poor man
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: June 11, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: June 11, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »
Another day, another bitchfest by Nintendo fans. It wasn't everything you wanted. It never will be everything I want either. That said, there are a good half dozen titles coming this year I am interested in and several more next year. How much can you play?

And yes, I can hardly wait for my honest post to end up repeated in the fanboy euthanization station thread.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: June 11, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »
stop doing that, don't go ruining the negative vibe we got going on lol.

Game does look really nice though, time to go look at that trailer again.  My stream was so bad that watching it in HD will probably lessen the pain. 

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: June 11, 2013, 12:47:31 PM »
I think I'm kind of in shock still. Like, this Direct fulfilled every bad perception of the WiiU. It's like a NeoGAF troll's wet dream. 

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: June 11, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »
Well Mario Kart looks incredible, like really good so that pulls one of the knives out of my belly.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: June 11, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
I think I'm kind of in shock still. Like, this Direct fulfilled every bad perception of the WiiU. It's like a NeoGAF troll's wet dream. 

Yes it is but I'm surprised there hasn't been too bad of a backlash as I expected on that site.  From what I've read, I think most are being more positive over there than here lol.

Looking at that Mario Kart trailer though really has me excited for the eventual NWR community nights with this game.  I had a blast during the 3ds race nights, I can only imagine that carrying over with this release. 

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: June 11, 2013, 12:53:26 PM »
Another day, another bitchfest by Nintendo fans. It wasn't everything you wanted. It never will be everything I want either. That said, there are a good half dozen titles coming this year I am interested in and several more next year. How much can you play?

The problem is that aside from DKCFreeze, a Wii U port of Ballpoint Universe and maybe some other eShop game there really wasn't anything we didn't already know about. And even some previously announced games were MIA(Yarn Yoshi, SMT X Fire Emblem). The release schedule for 2013 still looks barren. As a Wii U owner I'm pissed about that. I'll enjoy the games we get but this Direct confirmed there's nothing coming out of left field that will get me really excited.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: June 11, 2013, 01:01:29 PM »
I thought the Direct was fine. I wasn't expecting any surprises, but the games I was interested in still look interesting, I'm looking forward to another DKCR, and I know for sure now that I won't have to rush to buy a Wii U anytime soon. That last part may not be what Nintendo wants to hear, but it's a blessing for my schedule, anyways.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: June 11, 2013, 01:13:03 PM »
From the Square Enix presser (Totillo, Kotaku):

And I asked if, given, Square's past support if there were any plans for a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts for Wii U. Because the new games are being made on Direct X 11, he said, "we just have to make sure the game can be appropriate for the tool." This one appeared to be lost in translation, sadly, as I wasn't asking about those new games but about the series in general. Sorry, Nintendo fans, I tried.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: June 11, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »
It was pathetic at best.

Pathetic can't even describe it, I am very disappointed with their showing. Nothing new other than DKC which is not bad but I had other hopes for Retro. I'll keep an eye on the news the next few days, but as of today Nintendo's lack of software and imagination has me worried, I mean super Mario 3d world looks beautiful, but it's basically a 3ds game with hd graphics, I was hoping for a more original outing for a Wii u release. Third party wise it was frightening how little support they showed, especially coming from Japan; no games from Konami or SquareEnix, etc. :(
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308