Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592793 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 6/11/13 4ish days
« Reply #5875 on: June 11, 2013, 12:34:45 AM »
Here is a list of games that I hope are announced for the Wii U, and will be disappointing if they are not announced:
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Deadpool
  • TMNT: Out of the Shadows
  • Star Fox
  • F-Zero
  • Dead Rising 3
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: June 11, 2013, 12:36:26 AM »
OK, now that we have seen Sony and Microsoft's conferences, what do you think Nintendo needs to do to remain competitive?

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: June 11, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »
I just can't shake this lingering fear that we're going to get another 2008 E3 repeat. For the ones who haven't had that permanently seared into their mind's eye, that was the one with Wii Music.

Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5878 on: June 11, 2013, 12:42:56 AM »
OK, now that we have seen Sony and Microsoft's conferences, what do you think Nintendo needs to do to remain competitive?

Enough exclusive games to justify being the "secondary console." It's gotta be a constant, steady stream of releases.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: June 11, 2013, 12:44:43 AM »

Absolutely no casual titles from this point on wards for the Wii U.

Offline the asylum

• View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: June 11, 2013, 12:46:57 AM »

Absolutely no casual titles from this point on wards for the Wii U.

We're better off wishing for a rainbow-riding unicorn that shits cookies

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: June 11, 2013, 01:04:54 AM »
Add Killer is Dead, CoD Ghosts, and Destiny to my list of potential Wii U games.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5882 on: June 11, 2013, 01:08:53 AM »
Add CoD Ghosts to my list of potential Wii U games.

You mentioned this before, and that last time I already told you that Call of Duty: Ghosts was confirmed for Wii U over a month ago.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: June 11, 2013, 01:12:02 AM »
I think I might even stay up till midnight tonight to watch Nintendo. 

I just hope I won't regret it.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: June 11, 2013, 01:15:11 AM »
When is Nintendo's conference in the US?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5885 on: June 11, 2013, 01:19:17 AM »
When is Nintendo's conference in the US?

Their Nintendo Direct airs at 10AM ET, the Wii U Software Showcase is at 1:30PM ET, the Pokemon X/Y Developer Roundtable is at 9PM ET.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: June 11, 2013, 01:27:09 AM »
I hope today's Nintendo Direct doesn't disappoint. I don't expect announcements for games that were shown for Xbox One and the PS4. :( However I do hope there are alternative experiences to be had by either Nintendo or those they're partnered with. That's the only way I think the voids will be filled. However I'm keeping my expectations extremely low. Actually they're almost not existent when it comes to having these voids filled.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: June 11, 2013, 01:55:19 AM »

To be honest, make Nintendo software as compelling as possible to convince those getting  an XBONE/PS4 to also pick up a WiiU. Unless 3rd parties stop this nonsense of leaving WiiU out of the release line up for mutiplats spanning 2 generations of systems, No one who doesn't own a gaming PC will want to make WiiU their only console choice.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: June 11, 2013, 02:02:34 AM »
I'm coming in expecting only franchise games tomorrow so if there are any suprises, I'll hopefully be happy lol.  The only casual game I wouldn't mind seeing tomorrow is Wii Sports HD with online play and a large assortment of holes for the golf portion.  Even still, I don't want much time dedicated to it in the Direct.  A simple trailer and bullet points would be fine. 

Speaking for myself, I think I'll be satisfied with getting a look at Wind Waker HD, an in depth look at X, and Retro's game.  Retro's game is the wildcard IMO though.  There is so much drama that could arise online tomorrow solely on that one game.  First of all, we don't even know if it'll be shown.  Second, it could be anything from another Donkey Kong game to Star Tropics, to an original IP.  Everyone is gunning for Retro to finally showcase what the WiiU can do graphically that if the game isn't seen as such, it'll cause hate by that opinion alone.

Its really crazy when you think about it, I think we know more about Nintendo's E3 showing tomorrow that we ever have for any of their previous showings yet there seem to be so many question marks.  We have confirmations of which 1st party titles they will be showing but we have no idea if 3rd parties will be showing anything or if they've completely given up on Nintendo this year. 

Now that I've stated what I would need to see to be happy, I think Nintendo needs to show more in order to get everyone else excited, especially those that haven't already taken the jump to WiiU waters.  Of all the 3rd parties, I can only see UbiSoft showcasing something original for the WiiU.  There is not a single other 3rd party that I can imagine that would dedicate an original release for the WiiU at the moment that isn't some family party game or licensed trash. 

I'm hoping to see a ZombiU sequel or if we're extremely lucky, Beyond Good and Evil 2.  I'd be completely floored if there was a Western styled rpg in development for the WiiU especially since I think the gamepad is perfect for it (and rpgs in general).

I'd kill for a Fallout game where your Pipboy is the gamepad.  Or even a massive open world rpg similar to Elder's Scroll but mixed in with ZombiU's active inventory management.  I can see it now, your roaming the country side, you stop to look at your map on the Gamepad and onscreen your character is seen unrolling a scroll sized map and looking it over.  Or you want to set up camp so you dig out the proper inventory on your gamepad and combine the materials while onscreen your character can be seen setting up camp.  All the while you can still be attacked or ambushed by roaming bandits at any moment.  It needs to be done, it'll put a greater emphasis in role playing which I think rpgs have slowly turned away from.  Dragon's Dogma brought some of that feeling back with the need to carry lanterns at night to see.  Makes you feel more in game I think.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:06:42 AM by Mannypon »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: June 11, 2013, 02:52:29 AM »

Interesting...

I just got an email advertising Nintendo's show tonight.  The subject?

"E3 Nintendo Direct - Tune in at midnight tonight as Nintendo reveal exciting new products!"

I know it is only a small thing, and may mean nothing at all, but I suppose it could hint to a new hardware release?

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #5890 on: June 11, 2013, 02:57:30 AM »
Software/games are considered products as well.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: June 11, 2013, 03:06:24 AM »
Yes I know that.  Just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Offline the asylum

• View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: June 11, 2013, 03:30:43 AM »
While unrealistic it would be nice to have a Nintendo console be able to compete with the other two. If the flood of shovelware that plagued the Wii taught us anything it's that controller gimmicks alone only get you so far.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 6/11/13 Thats today folks.
« Reply #5893 on: June 11, 2013, 07:01:58 AM »
While unrealistic it would be nice to have a Nintendo console be able to compete with the other two. If the flood of shovelware that plagued the Wii taught us anything it's that controller gimmicks alone only get you so far.

What kind of an Ambassador Program would they need to pacify all the people who bought a $350 console less than a year ago and would now be expected to do it again?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline silverwings01

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: June 11, 2013, 09:31:27 AM »
Does anyone know if there is going to be a liveblog or chat room for the direct, like there was in past years for e3?  I may be able to watch the conference while at work, but I won't have sound...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5895 on: June 11, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »
Click "Chat" at the top. It'll fill up as the Direct draws closer.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: June 11, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »
Here is a list of games that I hope are announced for the Wii U, and will be disappointing if they are not announced:
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • Dead Rising 3
Be prepared to be disappointed. David Cox already confirmed MercurySteam won't be porting the game to Wii U. There's a slight chance Konami got another team to port the game, but I really wouldn't bank your hopes on it.

And Dead Rising 3 was already announced as an Xbox One exclusive.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #5897 on: June 11, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »
Is there a place to watch this besides http://e3.nintendo.com/ ??? It's tiny resolution and keeps stuttering.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:42 AM »
OK, after that 40 minutes.  What a flop.  Nothing unexpected. 

Wii U has a hell of a lot of work to do.  The Wii U is getting more and more irrelevant with each passing show.

Offline the asylum

• View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:52 AM »
Another year of no f-zero

It doesn't hurt anymore