Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592730 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 6/11/13 4ish days
« Reply #5850 on: June 10, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »
Why the shock? There was very little chance it would be for Xbox 360, and no chance it would be for Windows 8 or Windows Phone. Since Microsoft owns the IP, it would have been a shock if it WASN'T for Xbox One.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: June 10, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
In a dream I had last night, Reggie was speaking in the Nintendo Direct and he said:  "We have told you that we are going to officially announce the new 3D Mario and Mario Kart games today.  What I can now tell you is that these games are, in fact, one and the same!"
This sounds surprisingly awesome.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: June 10, 2013, 06:11:13 PM »
No shock, just frustration.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: June 10, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »
So FIFA 14 is apparently coming to Nintendo after all...on Wii and 3DS.

Sigh...unprecedented partnership.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5854 on: June 10, 2013, 06:58:25 PM »
Well, you know because the Wii U couldn't handle high resolution graphics and a game engine designed for the 3DS.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: June 10, 2013, 07:03:28 PM »
So FIFA 14 is apparently coming to Nintendo after all...on Wii and 3DS.

Sigh...unprecedented partnership.

Can you name such a    partnership   happening before?  :P:

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: June 10, 2013, 07:06:11 PM »
So if you're keeping score at home, FIFA 14 is coming in next gen version to Xbone and PS4. A modified version is coming to 360, PS3, PC, Wii, PSFreaking2, 3DS, Vita, PSP and a mobile version for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android. 

But not Wii U.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:55 PM »
So if you're keeping score at home, FIFA 14 is coming in next gen version to Xbone and PS4. A modified version is coming to 360, PS3, PC, Wii, PSFreaking2, 3DS, Vita, PSP and a mobile version for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android. 

But not Wii U.
What about the DS, Mac, and Linux?

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: June 10, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »

But not Wii U.
What about the DS, Mac, and Linux?

Will there be a pen-and-paper version?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: June 10, 2013, 07:33:34 PM »
No Wii U love at all from Ubisoft, none from EA.  Doesn't look too flash.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: June 10, 2013, 08:00:39 PM »
Here's hoping Ubisoft shows up tomorrow on the Nintendo Direct. How long will this ND be? Does anyone know?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: June 10, 2013, 08:25:07 PM »
Here's hoping Ubisoft shows up tomorrow on the Nintendo Direct. How long will this ND be? Does anyone know?

Probably not the two hours I am hoping it will be.

I hope that it will at least be longer than an hour, since they are really no longer restricted by a time limit.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: June 10, 2013, 08:54:38 PM »

Probably not the two hours I am hoping it will be.

I hope that it will at least be longer than an hour, since they are really no longer restricted by a time limit.

I was hoping 1 1/2 hours, but yeah, maybe it will be just 1 hour.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: June 10, 2013, 08:56:14 PM »
I have a feeling that 99% of what has been shown so far will not make it to the Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: June 10, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »
It's not looking too good right now, but it's expected that these companies will hold off and let Nintendo announce major Wii U stuff.  Man, I hope this changes at 7:00 am PST tomorrow.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #5865 on: June 10, 2013, 11:06:02 PM »
Why? If anything, that gives them less reason to drop the price. $500? And considering some of the **** Xbox One will have (like being FORCED to connect online every 24 hours, and letting developers block people from selling or giving their digital games to others), even pricing it at $300 would have been a tough sell. $500 means even less reason to buy it.

Why? Because Sony just announced the PS4 will be $399. Time for a price drop.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: June 10, 2013, 11:22:20 PM »
I have a feeling that 99% of what has been shown so far will not make it to the Wii U.

So far the WiiU is being left behind in terms of third parties, but that's what I expected. I am sure Nintendo will bring their guns and make it worthwhile for people to purchase a WiiU and for those who already have one. I already gave up on support from third parties, whatever comes will be welcomed a.k.a Resident Revelations for WiiU, other than that, I know Nintendo will carry the software side with no problem. They are spending some of that Wii money in order to do exclusive titles and pump up game production.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: June 10, 2013, 11:28:35 PM »
A price drop is to be expected. Not at tomorrow's/today's Direct, because they already might have that finished, but I think that the Premium model is getting a price cut amounting to at least 50$/€, if not 100$/€ and the Basic model will be completely removed from the market.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: June 10, 2013, 11:37:33 PM »

So far the WiiU is being left behind in terms of third parties, but that's what I expected. I am sure Nintendo will bring their guns and make it worthwhile for people to purchase a WiiU and for those who already have one. I already gave up on support from third parties, whatever comes will be welcomed a.k.a Resident Revelations for WiiU, other than that, I know Nintendo will carry the software side with no problem. They are spending some of that Wii money in order to do exclusive titles and pump up game production.

I am committed to the Wii U, and the Wii U only, I do not want to spend more that $400.00 on a game console.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: June 10, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »

I am committed to the Wii U, and the Wii U only, I do not want to spend more that $400.00 on a game console.

Same here, there are a bunch of ps3 and 360 games I have yet to play in order to fill up the gap between Wii U releases.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: June 10, 2013, 11:50:48 PM »
I know this might be just me thinking crazy thoughts but let me just throw this out there to entertain myself for the time being.  I'll say this, I don't see this happening but imagine if it did lol.

Looking at todays big 2 conferences and the fact that GTA5 wasn't really a major presence at either one (I think I only remember seeing it quickly at Sony's show), I got to thinking.  What if Nintendo somehow got GTA5 onto the WiiU with some exclusive gamepad implementations that they'll want to fully showcase tomorrow?  Have previous GTA's been showcased at Sony or MS's conferences?  I just found it strange that probably THE biggest release for the second half of this year had not been trumpeted out to the public at E3.  I'd imagine it would've been something Sony and MS would've loved to showcase especially with some sort of exclusive preorder such as Sony got with Watchdogs and various other games. 

Am I just thinking crazy, high off the E3 buzz?  I can't see Nintendo pulling this off as this is so not like Nintendo but man, imagine the reaction if it were true.  Sigh.. one can always dream. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:52:23 PM by Mannypon »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: June 11, 2013, 12:05:34 AM »
I know this might be just me thinking crazy thoughts but let me just throw this out there to entertain myself for the time being.  I'll say this, I don't see this happening but imagine if it did lol.

Looking at todays big 2 conferences and the fact that GTA5 wasn't really a major presence at either one (I think I only remember seeing it quickly at Sony's show), I got to thinking.  What if Nintendo somehow got GTA5 onto the WiiU with some exclusive gamepad implementations that they'll want to fully showcase tomorrow?  Have previous GTA's been showcased at Sony or MS's conferences?  I just found it strange that probably THE biggest release for the second half of this year had not been trumpeted out to the public at E3.  I'd imagine it would've been something Sony and MS would've loved to showcase especially with some sort of exclusive preorder such as Sony got with Watchdogs and various other games. 

Am I just thinking crazy, high off the E3 buzz?  I can't see Nintendo pulling this off as this is so not like Nintendo but man, imagine the reaction if it were true.  Sigh.. one can always dream. 

If you can be crazy, I"ll be crazy and say..

Even if it did happened, the Sony/MS fanboy hate towards Nintendo would be SO strong that they would   ignore the game, talk **** about it in the press ("gaming journalist" are fanboys too...) and make it so it won't sell just so Rock* will have no choice but to kill exclusivity/timed exclusivity to push it out for the other systems at which point it will sell MILLIONS.. AND give more credence to the "3rd party games don't sell on Nintendo consoles"
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: June 11, 2013, 12:06:37 AM »
You didn't see the part where Sony announced a GTA 5 PS3 bundle with GTA headphones? That's more than just a preorder bonus.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5873 on: June 11, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
And the last time GTA had a major presence at an E3 presser, IIRC, was 2006 when GTAIV was revealed as day and date multiplatform (Peter Moore had a temp tattoo). Rockstar doesn't do E3 as a rule.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: June 11, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »
You didn't see the part where Sony announced a GTA 5 PS3 bundle with GTA headphones? That's more than just a preorder bonus.

I vaguely remember something about a headset but it must've been while I was browsing the internet in another tab while waiting for Sony to get to its big guns lol.  I will admit I wasn't too enthralled with the bulk of the presentation lol. 

As for GTA5, I was never stating it'll be exclusive to the WiiU, timed or otherwise.  All I was getting at was if there was a version being developed for the WiiU.  That'll be a major third party release for Nintendo.

I'm really pulling for Nintendo tomorrow though, as I'm sure we all are.  Waiting on E3 for Nintendo fans is rough as hell.  Nintendo E3's always have the potential to bomb or be amazing and it never helps that there are always crazy expectations for Nintendo at E3.  They are the most unpredictable though so you never know what your going to get from them.  Sony and MS are always good for big AAA western titles full of guns and dramatic flair so you know what your getting with them. 

With Nintendo and E3, there is always a very fine line between an amazing update or addition to a franchise to a complete rehash of a previous release.  Here's hoping for some surprises (pleasant ones) tomorrow. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:24:09 AM by Mannypon »