Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592724 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 6/11/13
« Reply #5650 on: March 23, 2013, 09:47:16 PM »
No it's a HD 37in. It's just the dialogue box is in he worst place and its super small.

30 minutes into Lego and its hitting all the right notes! This is fun and genuinely funny. And I know funny, I live in Hollywood! Kinda...

On my 50 inch TV (720p) I had the same problem, so it's not a TV problem per se, but the font size. Whatever.

The LEGO game is full of corny, nonsense, lighthearted humor. It's a game to chillax.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: March 29, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »
Wii U Not Getting Unreal Engine 4

http://kotaku.com/the-wii-u-wont-be-getting-unreal-engine-4-462919060

Didn't Caterkiller say that we would, or was that about something else? If this is the case, this basically means that it won't be getting a majority of next-gen games.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: March 29, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »
That's a bunch of BS and I hope someone punches Mark Rein in the guts hard enough for him to feel it a week later for showing that level of disrespect.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: March 29, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
Wasn't there already a UE4 game announced for the Wii U? The sniper game?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: March 29, 2013, 02:45:04 PM »
If it was, looks like that game got canceled. :P

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: March 29, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »
Wasn't there already a UE4 game announced for the Wii U? The sniper game?
That was Sniper Elite and that was either cry engine or Unreal 3.
e3 is going to be quite the show this year.  Really can't blame Nintendo for squandering e3 2012 and a year of being the only kid on the block at this point. I wonder how nintenod plans to cope with larger Wii U/3ds dev times and budgets without having a ton of third party support.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5656 on: March 29, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »
Um, this news is MONTHS old. Epic Games already said they wont be making Unreal Engine 4 for Wii U, but developers are free to do it themselves. So Nintendo could decide to port it themselves. Mark Rein has make some douche comments before too.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: March 29, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »
Wrong. Did you read the article? The Wii U won't be getting it AT ALL. The question was, "Will UE4 run on Wii U", and he laughed and said "no." And dude, if you read the article, they even referenced that months old article in the one I just linked.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5658 on: March 29, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »
Which is false because even phones can run it. He is saying they wont bother porting it to Wii U. You really think if a third party offers to do the work themselves, Epic will say "no"? They would be getting money for free from the game being on Wii U.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: March 29, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »
Wrong. Did you read the article? The Wii U won't be getting it AT ALL. The question was, "Will UE4 run on Wii U", and he laughed and said "no."
Did you read the article? Right after the part you referred to, Rein said, "I mean, sorry, it's not really a correct answer." Then, he went on to say they're not doing it themselves and there's UE3 etc. etc. etc. Sounds about the same as we heard months ago.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: March 29, 2013, 03:38:41 PM »
Wrong. Did you read the article? The Wii U won't be getting it AT ALL. The question was, "Will UE4 run on Wii U", and he laughed and said "no." And dude, if you read the article, they even referenced that months old article in the one I just linked.

Which is false because even phones can run it. He is saying they wont bother porting it to Wii U. You really think if a third party offers to do the work themselves, Epic will say "no"? They would be getting money for free from the game being on Wii U.

So OBLIVIOUS on reading comprehension here...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: March 29, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »
How is that false? This isn't like I'm reading into the question and the answer and looking for **** that isn't there. He said that UE4 will not run. That just doesn't mean his company. It will not be licensed for the freaking console. But UE3 will. How hard is that to understand? If I'm getting it wrong, so is every other article that covers this story, because they're reporting it like I'm saying it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:41:01 PM by Oblivion »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: March 29, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »
Conclusion? He's still a douche. Not because of UE limitations.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5663 on: March 29, 2013, 03:42:01 PM »
How is that false? This isn't like I'm reading into the question and the answer and looking for **** that isn't there. He said that UE4 will not run. That just doesn't mean his company. It will not be licensed for the freaking console. But UE3. How hard is that to understand?

Read Adrock's post, you are wrong. It's like you stopped reading the article after the part you posted. Rein himself says he is wrong. It's practically the exact same answer a few months ago. Epic wont do it themselves, but they wont stop other developers from releasing it on Wii U.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: March 29, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »
He said that UE4 will not run.
Then he said that wasn't correct immediately afterwards. He was joking. Reading comprehension fail.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: March 29, 2013, 03:49:33 PM »
I've read the article five times. There is nothing in there that says IN THIS ARTICLE (it's not like they can't take back wheat they've said before nooooo fucking way) that developers can take advantage of it. IF HE SAYS THIS, please, by all means, FUCKING CORRECT me. Kotaku THEMSELVES reported the same thing IN THEIR FUCKING TITLE.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: March 29, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »
I've read the article five times. There is nothing in there that says IN THIS ARTICLE (it's not like they can't take back wheat they've said before nooooo fucking way) that developers can take advantage of it. IF HE SAYS THIS, please, by all means, FUCKING CORRECT me. Kotaku THEMSELVES reported the same thing IN THEIR FUCKING TITLE.
so OBLIVIOUS on anger management...(and reading comprehension)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5667 on: March 29, 2013, 03:55:09 PM »
Fine, ignore what Rein actually said so you can believe what you want. He even jokes and says he was wrong. He has made it clear there and in other interviews that he means Epic themselves wont do it. That does NOT mean another developer cant do it themselves.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: March 29, 2013, 03:57:41 PM »
Ok everyone.  Break it up.  This is not productive and frankly I shouldn't have to come in and mention that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: March 29, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
I hate their attitude towards Nintendo in this article and I'm glad the PS4 didn't have the raw specs that they wanted to fully run this thing. But what I do know is at least back at GDC 2012 Epic was prepping potential buyers, letting them know UE4 was being supported for Wii U. I've herd other credible things since then. Plus we already know it can be scaled down to phones so we'll see if we ever get a Wii U UE4 game. It's not impossible though.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: March 29, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
And yet, in the actual article...

Read it five times, eh?
CONE OF SHAME FOR YOU!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: March 29, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »
Plus we already know it can be scaled down to phones so we'll see if we ever get a Wii U UE4 game. It's not impossible though.
this is what makes the "shiny new engine not running on Wii U" because if your new engine in this day and age, can't be downscaled to a phone your an idiot

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: March 29, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »

Read it five times, eh?
CONE OF SHAME FOR YOU!

You quoted the wrong post of mine. Because that picture you showed me doesn't say anything about developers can take advantage of UE4 if they want. Nice try, though.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5673 on: March 29, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »
You claimed Unreal Engine 4 wont run on Wii U, and were proven wrong. There is no shame in admitting that.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: March 29, 2013, 04:22:32 PM »

Read it five times, eh?
CONE OF SHAME FOR YOU!

You quoted the wrong post of mine. Because that picture you showed me doesn't say anything about developers can take advantage of UE4 if they want. Nice try, though.
look up, you'll see why the wii u can run unreal,
it's not optimized for the wii u but it can be modified to do so like it can to run on a smartphone.