Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592801 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 6/11/13
« Reply #5625 on: March 11, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »
I figure Retro will never do anything original while under Nintendo.  Them some day Nintendo will sell the studio off and they will either release a new IP that's a huge hit and is on every platform BUT Nintendo's or they'll go off the deep end like Rare and SK and become a joke.  There will be no middle ground.

Retro is 100% first party, meaning they'll never be sold off.  That's like saying Nintendo will sell one of the EAD teams someday.  People who work at Retro might leave, which many have, but the studio is never leaving Nintendo.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: March 11, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »
It's gonna be Sheriff 3, Nintendo's answer to Halo.

I'd love a Wild West 3rd person shooter with some Nintendo spin. Send him through time for what ever reason like time splitters, ride dinosaurs and dragons, defeat ancient sword and arrow militaries with his pistol, then defeat futuristic alien laser beams with the same old time pistol. Run and gun all over the place like Samus and Mega Man. I want it.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: March 11, 2013, 05:51:51 PM »
It's gonna be Sheriff 3, Nintendo's answer to Halo.

I'd love a Wild West 3rd person shooter with some Nintendo spin. Send him through time for what ever reason like time splitters, ride dinosaurs and dragons, defeat ancient sword and arrow militaries with his pistol, then defeat futuristic alien laser beams with the same old time pistol. Run and gun all over the place like Samus and Mega Man. I want it.

Time Traveler Wii U Edition.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: March 11, 2013, 06:22:19 PM »
That's the problem with Nintendo saying they're working on a whole bunch of stuff, now when they show off all their crazy awesome projects at E3 people will just go "Yeah, so what else is new?"

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: March 11, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
It's also pretty impossible for Nintendo, or any videogame company, to really be reactionary in their development cycle.  So, uh, the Wii U ain't selling as well as they would like.  Well what can they really do about that?  The games that are due for 2013 were already planned well ahead of time.  They can't just hammer out a decent game in a few months in response to the market.  What we'll see at E3, and for probably all of 2013, was already fairly planned out before the Wii U even launched.

I suppose Nintendo could show trailers for games that are in early development that aren't due for a while to build some hype of the future, but they haven't done that sort of thing in a while.  They typically don't announce anything that E3 that is not intended to be in stores prior to the next E3.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: March 11, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »
It's also pretty impossible for Nintendo, or any videogame company, to really be reactionary in their development cycle.  So, uh, the Wii U ain't selling as well as they would like.  Well what can they really do about that?  The games that are due for 2013 were already planned well ahead of time.  They can't just hammer out a decent game in a few months in response to the market.  What we'll see at E3, and for probably all of 2013, was already fairly planned out before the Wii U even launched.

I suppose Nintendo could show trailers for games that are in early development that aren't due for a while to build some hype of the future, but they haven't done that sort of thing in a while.  They typically don't announce anything that E3 that is not intended to be in stores prior to the next E3.
Well, they could make a game that fast (indie developers sometimes make games in a month, really bad looking games but could still be fun).  They just care too much about the quality of the gameplay and everything that even if they finished making the game before the year is up, I think they'd spend the next year making sure it worked properly.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: March 11, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »

and this is where the 3DS launch beat the Wii U, i was sold on the 3ds by the games they showed, some of them were cancelled and ONE OF THEM STILL ISN'T OUT IN THE US

and 2 years the Wii U had them dancing around with nintendoland

we learned our leason with the 3DS, dont show games meant for beyond the launch era for people to get excited for

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: March 11, 2013, 09:37:03 PM »

They did that with Project HAMMMERRRRRREDD at the beginning of the Wii cycle.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: March 12, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »

They did that with Project HAMMMERRRRRREDD at the beginning of the Wii cycle.

Funny you mention that, because a somewhat quick way to release games while the big guns are being polished is to go back to **** like Project H.A.M.E.R. and Disaster: Day of Crisis and gave them a wii u up-convert or something. I know Disaster came out in Europe but not in the US, so there's still a ton of people like myself who would be curious enough to check it out. ****, at this point just go and release Captain Rainbow as an eshop only title and I'll buy it, my japanese copy is just sitting there and I'll likely never open it..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
Wonderful 101 Coming Soon
« Reply #5634 on: March 18, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »
According to the Nintendo Eshop, Wonderfull 101 is "coming soon" and apparently it did not say that just a little while ago.

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=&v=CY7rm54NCfo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCY7rm54NCfo%26feature[/font]

RomanceDawn

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: March 18, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »
Toki Tori 2 has been "coming soon" to eShop for a few months now so that really doesn't mean anything until a release date is pegged down.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: March 18, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »
poor cater... he tries so hard. let him have his moment, just once
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: March 19, 2013, 02:01:44 AM »
poor cater... he tries so hard. let him have his moment, just once

I can't match my personal pre Wii U launch rumors! It's just not practical!

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: March 19, 2013, 08:38:56 PM »
I'm surprised you didn't post the Miyamoto interview about Pikmin 3 being a "deeper experience". Slackin', bud.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: March 20, 2013, 02:29:04 AM »
I'm surprised you didn't post the Miyamoto interview about Pikmin 3 being a "deeper experience". Slackin', bud.

I'm using the Wii U now but since my daughter started crawling I've been mostly using an ipad to browse the internet. It's convenient to keep an eye on her while she's watching cartoons and playing but typing on it is the worst! Copy and pasting links is such a chore with it and I'm constantly pressing wrong buttons, tabs and links. Sending messages and stuff like that over the Wii U is so much easier because of the stylus. But I don't usually surf the net with this thing.

So that's my excuse and now you know! And you know what I say, "you know enough!" G.I. Jose!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:30:38 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5640 on: March 20, 2013, 09:16:26 AM »
... G.I. Jose!
Are those the Spanish One?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: March 21, 2013, 08:14:01 PM »
... G.I. Jose!
Are those the Spanish One?

Slightly related anecdote; I've been working in a hospital setting the last few years, big Hispanic population in the villages surrounding the hospital. I've seen many Juan Does come through, never a John Doe...

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: March 21, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: March 22, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »
Capcom Is Bringing DuckTales Back

Coming to Wii U, PS3, and 360... but I only really care that it's coming to Wii U. Kotaku calls it "something of a remake based on the original Nintendo version of DuckTales" and it's co-developed by WayForward Technologies and Capcom.

Sold.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: March 22, 2013, 03:02:41 PM »
Capcom Is Bringing DuckTales Back

Coming to Wii U, PS3, and 360... but I only really care that it's coming to Wii U. Kotaku calls it "something of a remake based on the original Nintendo version of DuckTales" and it's co-developed by WayForward Technologies and Capcom.

Sold.
That makes me happy.  Sounds like it's a remake but when you are remaking a great game, it should hopefully come out great on the end.  Plus, I have enjoyed what Wayforward has done before so I believe it is in good hands.  I'll be picking it up as well most likely.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: March 23, 2013, 02:07:09 AM »
So I got Monster Hunter and so far I'm not thrilled. Can't stand the loose controls, the text boxes are so small and in the worst part of the screen plus I'm a little over whelmed with what's what.

I got sucked into the hype so I'm giving it a chance. How long til I'm fighting those big ol monsters and playing online? How do I join friends online?

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: March 23, 2013, 02:31:47 AM »
Caterkiller, are you using a SDTV?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: March 23, 2013, 03:04:40 AM »
So I got Monster Hunter and so far I'm not thrilled. Can't stand the loose controls, the text boxes are so small and in the worst part of the screen plus I'm a little over whelmed with what's what.

I got sucked into the hype so I'm giving it a chance. How long til I'm fighting those big ol monsters and playing online? How do I join friends online?

You didn't try the demo?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: March 23, 2013, 03:26:41 AM »
No it's a HD 37in. It's just the dialogue box is in he worst place and its super small.

30 minutes into Lego and its hitting all the right notes! This is fun and genuinely funny. And I know funny, I live in Hollywood! Kinda...

@ BlackNMild, you know, I never play demos. I just kind of assume I like something or not. I'm sure it will win me over eventually.

RomanceDawn

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: March 23, 2013, 04:21:55 AM »
Monster Hunter is an odd and hard nut to crack. The game really does take 8-10 hours to settle in, experience the game's loop, and decide if you enjoy the game or not. That time is partially due to how poorly designed the introduction is for neophytes.

Don't be shy to any guides; the game doesn't help you in figuring out its vital intricacies. Stick with it and you will find which side of the fence you stand on with the series. If you are willing to spend the cash, the Monster Hunter Beginner's Guide is reportedly very good (and probably the manual the game series needs).

http://weloveculty.com/collections/monster-hunter-beginners-guide