Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592845 times)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 5/11/13
« Reply #5600 on: February 15, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
what I would really love would be another racing game that plays a lot like Burnout 2, crashes and everything. I used to love that game.
If you ever get a PS3 or 360 or a semi decent PC, you owe it to yourself to pick up Burnout Paradise.  That game is awesome.

Actually I have that game on the PC, but it won't let me connect online. Tried contacting EA... but that was pointless. It wasn't quite the same, but it was fun. I really enjoyed the crashing and crash challenges in Burnout2 though. I don't believe that is in BO Paradise.
Crash challenges are there (though I'm not sure what they were for B2 so this could be different).  I'm not sure how you enter that mode on the PC.  On the PS3 you hit both L2 & R2 together.  You get big bonuses for crashing into buses. :)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: February 19, 2013, 05:15:04 PM »
Take me down to the Paradise City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty...
TAAAKE!
MEEEE!
HO-OME!
yeah-eee-yeah
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: March 09, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
2 months before we have our minds blown...or we just meet expectations.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5603 on: March 09, 2013, 01:31:52 PM »
I think you mean 3 months, E3 starts June 11.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 6/11/13
« Reply #5604 on: March 09, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »
so nobody bothered to correct my title since december 27th.... at least TJ is on the ball here.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: March 09, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »
Can't wait! I hope I can get a pass this year. But more than that I hope I can hang with some of you again and have slumber parties!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: March 09, 2013, 06:08:09 PM »
2 months before we have our minds blown...or we just meet expectations.

*Smiles and nods*

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: March 09, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »
But more than that I hope I can hang with some of you again and have slumber parties!
your starting to sound like a teenage girl with that statement
anyhow predictions, anybody, (advance wars)
heres one sony will fail miserably

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: March 09, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
But more than that I hope I can hang with some of you again and have slumber parties!
your starting to sound like a teenage girl with that statement
anyhow predictions, anybody, (advance wars)
heres one sony will fail miserably

Hey, ain't nothing wrong with reliving your youth again lol.  I'd love a Nintendoland slumber party with pizza, drinks and a sweet rental house decked out with a deck, billiard table, and other assorted lounge areas.  Sounds like a hell of a slumber party to me lol. 

Anyway, Nintendo better bring it this year at E3.  I almost think the only way they can fail is by choice becuase just by showing off Retro's game, some of their own 1st party titles, and any other colaberations/3rd party jump offs, I'll be floored.  I think I would die too if they somehow show off Animal Crossing WiiU if they happen to do everything I think they should with the series but that might be asking for too much. 

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: March 09, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »
"slumber parties"

These are "adult slumber parties".  I'll bring the beer and the hookers.

PS.  Cops can't arrest you for prostitution if you have no intention of paying (protip from the Secert Service). 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5610 on: March 09, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
PS.  Cops can't arrest you for prostitution if you have no intention of paying (protip from the Secert Service). 

I know u were being facetious, but I would like to point out that prostitution is legal in Colombia (where the scandal happened). Try that in LA and u will still get arrested for prostitution.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: March 09, 2013, 09:28:22 PM »
NWR FORUMS: From E3 to Prostitution in just 7 replies.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5612 on: March 09, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »
I think we are getting sloppy, normally we can derail a topic much faster than that. LOL

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: March 09, 2013, 09:39:25 PM »
lol, this is why I love this forum.  Its like the seady back alley, dice rolling/barber shop Nintendo forum.  You get a little of everything here with your daily Nintendo discussions lol. 
Back to the main topic though....just to derail it again.  I'm going to PAX East for the first time this year.  Has Nintendo ever had a pressence there?  I would love to try out some new WiiU games there and hopefully snag some free goodies lol. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5614 on: March 09, 2013, 09:50:13 PM »
Has Nintendo ever had a pressence there?. 

Yes. Last year they had a multiplayer tournament for Kid Icarus: Uprising, as well as having a scavenger hunt for people to find and trade the AR cards from the game. They also had playable demos of Mario Tennis Open, Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir, and Mario Kart 7. Visitors to the Nintendo booth also got to see third party 3DS like Resident Evil Revelations, and various eShop games like Ketzal's Corridors, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo and Sakurai Samurai: The Art of the Sword.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: March 09, 2013, 10:16:01 PM »
Sweet, I've emailed them already to see if they were going to have WiiU's set up at PAX with Nintendoland and was informed they'll have 20 stations up.  This will probably be my only chance ever at full on multiplayer Nintendoland.  I can't wait lol, it'll probably be the highlight of the day for me along with the overload of streetpasses I'm going to bag for my 3ds.  I've never recieved more than 2 in a single day in my life with the system so this will be overload. 

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: March 09, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »
What is this nonsense?! When I say slumber parties I mean a wholesome time with just us guys you know? In our jammies playing Mario Kart, Nintendo Land and Smash all night! Or no jammies if thats your thing. As a matter of fact no clothes at all! I guess the girls could come to... I guess.

NWR make sure BlackNMild gets his ticket! He was the best company last year!

As for the actual topic at hand I think this year we will see at least 2 genuine surprises. It is very likely we get actual footage and updates on:

Yoshi's Yarn
Wind Waker HD
Fire Emblem X Whosits
Bayonetta
Mario Kart
X
Smash Bros 4
Super Mario U

...Holy crap! Even with no surprises that is an awesome line up! Did I miss anything else confirmed?

Safe bets would be:
Wii Sports U
Some kind of health game, tells you when you will die or something.
Some type of board game collection. Monopoly, Scrabble, Connect 4, Chess etc all online. Please I want this!
Brain Age type game.
Something laid back that has real world benefits to playing, that's how brain age and Wii fit got so popular but something new.
NFC Pokemon Stadium/new NFC IP.

Potential surprises include:
High profile 3rd party exclusive or 2.
Retro (Star Fox, new IP, Metroid(they are not doing Metroid! Better not be!))
An actual new, character driven IP from Nintendo not on the e shop.

All this is assuming Pikmin, and W101 are out by then.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: March 10, 2013, 07:32:32 AM »
Young at heart, my friend. Young at heart.

NO GIRLS ALLLLOOOOWWED. Unless you bring snacks. and tequila.

Back to topic: I can't believe how mildly calm everyone is about Retro.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:35:04 AM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5618 on: March 10, 2013, 10:39:58 AM »
They're all confident based on Retro's hires that they're making something typical of an HD system (Shooter, Uncharted-style adventure game, etc). I'm confident they're making a game that will sell multiple millions (Mario Kart 8).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: March 10, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
They're all confident based on Retro's hires that they're making something typical of an HD system (Shooter, Uncharted-style adventure game, etc). I'm confident they're making a game that will sell multiple millions (Mario Kart :cool; .

Only EAD 1 is the dedicated Mario Kart studio.  Yeah Retro might design the classic tracks like they did for Mario Kart 7, but that shouldn't effect the real Wii U game they're developing since Nintendo hired a lot of people to join Retro last year.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: March 11, 2013, 01:45:42 AM »
They're all confident based on Retro's hires that they're making something typical of an HD system (Shooter, Uncharted-style adventure game, etc). I'm confident they're making a game that will sell multiple millions (Mario Kart :cool; .

More like "Surely Nintendo won't waste Retro's obvious talents on a game like Mario Kart. Any collection of mediocre talent Nintendo scraped off the street could phone in the usual Mario Kart quality and sell millions. Retro's better than Mario Kart."  :P: :

Seriously, though, Retro is too good for the likes of Mario Kart, especially when the higher-ups at Nintendo would never allow Retro to make the necessary changes to bring Mario Kart up to the standards of something like Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed. They've long since earned their crack at a Nintendo sacred cow like the Zelda franchise or...heaven forbid...a AAA retail new IP! *insert screams here*
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5621 on: March 11, 2013, 02:43:44 AM »
Retro is good, and because they are good, they might actually let Retro do something truly different with a franchise. 

Nintendo could give them a ticket to do Zelda, but honestly...I see Retro being given a chance to revamp another lesser known franchise again...or a fallen out of grace franchise.

Imagine a completely re-imagined Star Fox game that is a mix between classic Star Fox games and a 3rd person action game like Jet Force Gemini.  It could be pretty cool.  I remember a Star Wars game that was going to be made that would have real time transitions from land battles to space battles...something that epic would be cool.

Or how about a Mario Kart that successfully blended the game play of Diddy Kong Racing with Mario Kart.  Different vehicles and tracks with shortcuts and multiple paths and you have a great experience as well.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: March 11, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »
I figure Retro will never do anything original while under Nintendo.  Them some day Nintendo will sell the studio off and they will either release a new IP that's a huge hit and is on every platform BUT Nintendo's or they'll go off the deep end like Rare and SK and become a joke.  There will be no middle ground.

I worry that E3 will be underwhelming due to Nintendo showing their big guns during earlier Nintendo Directs.  Like it will be fun for the attendees to play this stuff for the first time but in regards to news I question if there is something bigger they've kept under wraps.

Nintendo can't just pull E3 announcements out of their ass.  They either have a lot of cool stuff in the works or they don't.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: March 11, 2013, 04:09:18 PM »
It does seem like what ever Retro is up to will be an established IP but that's not necessarily a bad thing as far as creativity goes. What ever they have in the works I trust it will be great. I can see them doing their own original series this generation though, if they really want to that is, because they've certainly earned it.

My biggest worry is that this E3 will present is with so much good stuff that barely anything will be ready to show off in 2014.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:13:36 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5624 on: March 11, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »
It's gonna be Sheriff 3, Nintendo's answer to Halo.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.