Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592729 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 5/11/13
« Reply #5575 on: February 12, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »
They need to fix the mistake they made with the Joker's face.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 12, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »
Is that suppose to be Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: February 12, 2013, 09:14:52 PM »
Probably and hopefully won't have the joker even though he's been so awesome lately.

That's not awesome, that's retarded.

Ending was the biggest pile of bullshit i've seen this year and i actually never invested in this arc, i only read this arc-ending issue.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5578 on: February 13, 2013, 09:19:09 AM »
So, Nintendo have posted to their Facebook page that a new Nintendo Direct is incoming tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. PST / 8 a.m. CST. And the Direct is going to focus on 3DS and Wii U upcoming games. Here's the link.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44:37 AM »
Probably and hopefully won't have the joker even though he's been so awesome lately.

That's not awesome, that's retarded.

Ending was the biggest pile of bullshit i've seen this year and i actually never invested in this arc, i only read this arc-ending issue.

Thew needing was a load of ****. I enjoyed it and felt so,eparta of it pretty damn good but like Night of the Owls seems Snyder builds up and fails to produce for the climax.

But apparently all of the hype was supposed to be a joke reflecting how the jokers plan was one big joke as well.

Didn't care for the reveal of Batman knowing and I'm still personally convinced that the Joker knows who they are as well he just doesn't care.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5580 on: February 13, 2013, 11:09:57 AM »

Old game is old. But at least it's a port from the PC version instead of the PS360 versions.

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: February 13, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »
At least he had good things to say about the system.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: February 13, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »
Most developers have had nice things to say about the system; it's the publishers you've got to watch out for.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: February 13, 2013, 03:22:21 PM »
Old game is old. But at least it's a port from the PC version instead of the PS360 versions.

When I saw that the Wii U version was being pegged for release on the same week as LEGO City Undercover and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I thought EA was sending the game out to die. After watching the video I still think EA has picked a hell of a week to release a late port, but now I'm sad that the game will probably sell unsatisfactorily. Alex Ward gives the feeling that Criterion really gave a lot of care for this version of the game; as much care as they could give in the short time frame between the original release and the Wii U release.

Sadly, I don't see this version of the game selling well when the other versions of the game have been out for so long and have been deeply discounted numerous times. It somewhat helps that the $10 5-car DLC pack is included in the Wii U version.

Still, glad to see that Criterion is making a great version of the game. It certainly looks to run better than the PC version on my desktop (which suffers from heavy frame rate stuttering).

An aside: Good lord, March is a crazy month for game releases.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
GDC and 2 unknown 3rd party games
« Reply #5584 on: February 13, 2013, 04:18:27 PM »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: February 13, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
When I saw that the Wii U version was being pegged for release on the same week as LEGO City Undercover and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I thought EA was sending the game out to die. After watching the video I still think EA has picked a hell of a week to release a late port, but now I'm sad that the game will probably sell unsatisfactorily. Alex Ward gives the feeling that Criterion really gave a lot of care for this version of the game; as much care as they could give in the short time frame between the original release and the Wii U release.

Sadly, I don't see this version of the game selling well when the other versions of the game have been out for so long and have been deeply discounted numerous times. It somewhat helps that the $10 5-car DLC pack is included in the Wii U version.

Still, glad to see that Criterion is making a great version of the game. It certainly looks to run better than the PC version on my desktop (which suffers from heavy frame rate stuttering).

An aside: Good lord, March is a crazy month for game releases.

This. From the looks of it they took great care porting it over and looks like they've even fixed some of the deficiencies of the PC version.

I'm not a big NFS fan, but given that Criterios looks to have taken a good effort in making the Wii U version the definitive version of the game, I'll support them.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: February 13, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
The miiverse session sounds nice.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: February 13, 2013, 07:33:12 PM »
Need For Speed deserves it's own thread!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: February 13, 2013, 07:52:26 PM »
That game is sphincter clinching, high pulse, nervous sweat fun.

Nothing better than out running the cops by clearing a jump that only you at 160+ could make.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: February 13, 2013, 10:57:21 PM »
Damn, I haven't played a NFS game since Sega Saturn..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: February 13, 2013, 11:11:50 PM »
Damn, I haven't played a NFS game since Sega Saturn..

I recently played NFSHP on 360 and it was pretty decent; got it on bargain price for 15 bucks.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: February 14, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »
what I would really love would be another racing game that plays a lot like Burnout 2, crashes and everything. I used to love that game.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: February 14, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »
If you like Burnout 2, you'll love Need For Speed. It's pretty much the same god damn thing ever since Criterion took over except now you have to somehow get the cops off your ass. Whether that means nudging them into buildings or cars, and/or simply out driving them is up to you.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: February 14, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »
what I would really love would be another racing game that plays a lot like Burnout 2, crashes and everything. I used to love that game.
If you ever get a PS3 or 360 or a semi decent PC, you owe it to yourself to pick up Burnout Paradise.  That game is awesome.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: February 14, 2013, 03:03:34 PM »
Or, you know, buy Need For Speed for Wii U when it comes out next month, because it's basically the same thing, made by the same people.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: February 14, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
What about the Guns & Roses song? Does the Wii U have that? More like Failtendo, AMIRITE?

Take me down to the Paradise City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: February 14, 2013, 06:14:11 PM »
Or, you know, buy Need For Speed for Wii U when it comes out next month, because it's basically the same thing, made by the same people.
Well...yes...that too.  :)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: February 14, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »
If you ever get a PS3 or 360 or a semi decent PC, you owe it to yourself to pick up Burnout Paradise.  That game is awesome.

Actually I have that game on the PC, but it won't let me connect online. Tried contacting EA... but that was pointless. It wasn't quite the same, but it was fun. I really enjoyed the crashing and crash challenges in Burnout2 though. I don't believe that is in BO Paradise.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: February 14, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »
Was hoping that Nintendo would announce some eshop games for Wii U. They have been killing it since last year with first party eshop support and I'm hoping they do the same for the Wii U as well.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: February 15, 2013, 03:49:28 AM »
Actually I have that game on the PC, but it won't let me connect online. Tried contacting EA... but that was pointless. It wasn't quite the same, but it was fun. I really enjoyed the crashing and crash challenges in Burnout2 though. I don't believe that is in BO Paradise.

I assume that EA has cut online support for the game. For sure I know that they turned off the store for Burnout Paradise that let you buy DLC cars.