Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592750 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 5/11/13
« Reply #5500 on: February 08, 2013, 05:38:19 PM »
LOL, cry if you want to but the WII U preorders for Rayman Legends were pretty damn low--Ubisoft had to make an choice and going multiplatform was the safer bet.  Still don't see it selling all that well but at least with it being on three platforms the "total" sales will at least make it somewhat profitable.

This isn't about it going multiplatform. It's about the fact that the Wii U game is finished and Ubisoft's refusing to release it for 8 months.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: February 08, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »
This isn't about it going multiplatform. It's about the fact that the Wii U game is finished and Ubisoft's refusing to release it for 8 months.
Preee-Cisely!!!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: February 08, 2013, 05:48:13 PM »
the reason why Ubisoft is not releasing the wii u way ahead of the others is because Ubisoft feels the title will be passé on other consoles if its released later. Its a weak reason, but it is a reason. Its like Arkham city coming out on Wii U.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: February 08, 2013, 05:49:54 PM »
Nobody's going to buy the game on 360 or PS3 regardless of when the Wii U version comes out.

J.P. Corbran

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: February 08, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
that may be true, but some number cruncher at their company said they would. He will be fired in October.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: February 08, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »
Yep september is when GTA. Launched.

Article from Engadget about Nintendo's online being fragmented.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/08/nintendo-digital-content-problem-wii-u-ecosystem/
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: February 08, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »
"Ymeegod, you also falsely claimed that no third party Wii U game has sold more than 20K copies "

You really have to read--I said preorders.  And if you look at the past Rayman Origins then there's more fans on PS3 than there was on nintendo systems (Rayman Origins sold the most on the PS3 followed by the 360 and lastly the WII in terms of home consoles).

So there's going more people pleased with this going multi--then upset about it.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:11 PM »
And you assume the game is actually finished?  It really wouldn't take Ubisoft 7 months to port the game over to PS3/Xbox 360 since the game is built around the original Rayman Origins engine (meaning the middleware engine is already good to go).   Even without the ports I would assume Rayman would have been delayed anyhow. 

Just because an release date was set doesn't mean Ubisoft was finished with the game. 

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: February 08, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »
And you assume the game is actually finished?  It really wouldn't take Ubisoft 7 months to port the game over to PS3/Xbox 360 since the game is built around the original Rayman Origins engine (meaning the middleware engine is already good to go).   Even without the ports I would assume Rayman would have been delayed anyhow. 

Just because an release date was set doesn't mean Ubisoft was finished with the game. 

If that's the case, then Ubisoft is lying about it, because they've out and out said the only reason for the delay is to do a multiplatform release. Combine that with the complaints from developers who had been pressured to finish in time for release, which they apparently had, and I don't know what you're basing that argument on.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5509 on: February 08, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »

Um, a rep from Ubisoft flat-out admitted that the ONLY reason the game was delayed was so they could port it to Xbox 360 and PlayStation.

Also, my point was that you were wrong on your claims for third party Wii U sales, so you shouldn't be making claims for pre-order numbers without a source.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: February 08, 2013, 11:39:34 PM »
Rayman Origins sold the most on the PS3 followed by the 360 and lastly the WII in terms of home consoles
I actually went to THAT site to check if you're pulling this BS from it, and yep!..

You're repeating fake sales numbers from site who's been numerously proven to be a fraud.

And i can't even imagine where from you got that idea about pre-orders.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline mysticgohan

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: February 09, 2013, 02:33:42 AM »
I hope to hear some good news soon.. That was a Dick move Ubisoft... a dick move!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: February 09, 2013, 08:06:22 AM »

J.P. Corbran

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: February 09, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
I wonder why indeed.

From Ubisoft's Facebook:
Thanks for all your feedback regarding [/size]Rayman[/color][/size] Legends in all of its forms. We have heard you and we will continue to listen. We understand your frustration and that you want to get your hands on the game.[/color][/size]We are working with the development team to provide you with a new, exclusive demo for the Wii U soon. Stay tuned for more.[/color]
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: February 09, 2013, 01:11:05 PM »
In the guys defense I don't think this turd was polishable.  He could have done a little better but this pile of **** just wasn't going to develop a sheen no matter how much he scrubbed.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: February 09, 2013, 01:26:52 PM »
I think Ubisoft is making the same mistake with Rayman as Disney did with Epic Mickey.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: February 09, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
I think Ubisoft is making the same mistake with Rayman as Disney did with Epic Mickey.

Making 2 incredibly mediocre games in a row? Somehow I don't think Ubisoft has even started making that mistake yet.  :P:

Disney taking Epic Mickey multiplatform wasn't a mistake. Warren Spector & Junction Point not making the original Epic Mickey a good game on the Wii and then taking an incredibly mediocre sequel multiplatform was a mistake.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: February 09, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »
Apparently the Wii U talk has been pretty down during DICE.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=512515

At DICE, nobody has been talking about the new Wii U projects they have started, only the Wii U projects that have just been cancelled.

Platform is in serious trouble.

Really hoping we see otherwise once GDC happens.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: February 09, 2013, 03:04:19 PM »
This "Mario" guy (poster who made these comments) hates the **** out of Nintendo.

Just saying. He's dev from Sidhe Studios, probably some bad blood.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: February 09, 2013, 03:31:52 PM »
Well disliking Nintendo or not if this is true than it looks like the Wii U will be GameCube 2.0. (Which isn't a bad thing as the cube was an awesome system)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5520 on: February 09, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »
Well disliking Nintendo or not if this is true than it looks like the Wii U will be GameCube 2.0. (Which isn't a bad thing as the cube was an awesome system)
I think you meant to say Wii 2.0.

Because I look at my GameCube shelf of games, and I have a crap ton 3rd party games - more than 1st party. Granted, I do have quite a few on Wii also, but nowhere near as many as my 'Cube lineup, and also more 1st party on Wii, too.

GameCube was a killer console. Good on both sides of the developer fence. I just hope after Nintendo releases their IPs later this year, and sales pick up, that 3rd parties will start to rest a bit easier. I know two people who are buying a Wii U in March just for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - so that's something.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: February 09, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »

Not really since Nintendo's brand is still much stronger now then it was back then.  The Gamecube sold 22 million, which was down from the N64's 33 million, which was down from the SNES 49 million, which was down from the NES 62 million.  In comparison, the Wii U is coming after the Wii which has currently sold 98 million.  Once the Wii U's price comes down and more games get released the sales will pick up since there's a large audience for Nintendo's own games.

What's happening with the Wii U is the same thing that happened with the 3DS after launch.  People were acting like the system was doomed because sales were low and third parties were canceling games.  But low and behold, after Nintendo cut the price and released more games, the sales have increased and the system is currently over 30 million by its 2nd year anniversary.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: February 10, 2013, 07:25:43 AM »
I'd say this is far worse than the 4DS for many reasons and isn't comparable.

1) The investments for projects are way bigger than the 3DS sorojects only being cancelled area bad thing.

2)The Wii U isn't even getting ports of current gen games that are still far out or just announced. There is no reason why games like Madden, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and the new square game shouldn't be on Wii U.

4)It seems most developers are focusing on finishing up PS3/360 Projects alinaide starting Durango/Orbis projects as well.

And dude branding means nothing in this industry. Its about what have you done for me now which Nintendo failed at. The Wii petered off pretty hard and lack of support for its last 2 years didn't really expire confidence.

Blackberry was on top of the world with major brand awareness and they lost that in less than a year.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: February 10, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »
And dude branding means nothing in this industry. Its about what have you done for me now which Nintendo failed at. The Wii petered off pretty hard and lack of support for its last 2 years didn't really expire confidence.

The Wii reached a saturation point and then declined like any normal product.  Hell, the Wii's 2011 sales weren't that much different then the 360's 2012 sales.  By that logic we should be saying no one will care about the 720/PS4 since the 360/PS3 sales were down in 2012.

Once again the Wii has sold 98 million consoles, with games like Mario Kart selling over 30 million.  To say the majority of the audience is going to know longer care about the latest games in these series after selling so well last gen is just ridicules.  This is the same logic people used to say smartphones have stolen the 3DS handheld audience when it first came out.  But that was proven wrong when the system has sold over 30 million in less then 2 years and games like Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 have already sold over 7 million in only a year on the market, with NSMB 2 being out for not even a year already on track to surpass even that.

People buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games, which the official sales show, are still more popular then ever.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: February 10, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »
So, Ubisoft fired their PR director. I wonder why.

A scapegoat for a poor executive decision. The wrong person got fired. The PR guy dealt with it as best he could with what conditions he was given to work with... fucked up conditions.