Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592793 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 5/11/13
« Reply #5450 on: February 07, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
Well that sucks. I don't care about it going to the other systems, but the delay is just well... oh well.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: February 07, 2013, 11:39:35 AM »
Unbelievable.

“When we saw all the comments when we announced the game would be focused on Wii U, all of the people that have both the PlayStation 3 and 360 were really disappointed,” Poix told IGN. “So we thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. So we decided to go for a multiplatform launch simultaneously.”

As for the reason for the delay, Poix explained that “it’s really about the fans. It’s really about having a very interesting universe, a mix of craziness and poetry mixed all together. We are very happy that we can bring that to many, many Rayman fans and the more we can, the better.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/rayman-legends-delayed-no-longer-wii-u-exclusive?abthid=5113d76f692769cd4d00003d

Screw you, Ubisoft.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:26 AM »
Are you fucking shitting me? The game was almost out. **** that noise, I'm canceling my preorder. Maybe my sixty bucks can go to another game that I'll actually be able to play in a reasonable time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:54:55 AM by Oblivion »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5453 on: February 07, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »
It sounds like he is basically saying they delayed the game so they could release Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions at the same time. Ugh.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: February 07, 2013, 11:53:48 AM »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: February 07, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »
Very interesting doesn't necessarily mean good.

Oh your good, real good.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Online azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: February 07, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Ugh. Okay.

Delay is maddening -- at first we're told it's launch title, now it's september?.. Almost a year long delay? Come on! As long as i get the game i'm good, but release it already.

And what happenned with Rayman being published by Nintendo in Europe and Japan?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:53 PM »
People need to stop trying to soften the blow of bad news by calling it "interesting." Either call it what it is or just don't say anything.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:19 PM »
So I am of the type that a delay doesn't really bother me. I generally think in the long term that I will have the game and the end result will be the same. But just a couple weeks from release and adding like 7 months? I wouldn't doubt the game is done and it would have been a nice timed exclusive too. Ubisoft you stinky mutha fletchas, I'm just going to act like any random 3rd party with Nintendo, be very child like and avoid supporting your game for petty reasons.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: February 07, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »
Oh for Pete's sake. I would have no problem with this if they still released Rayman for Wii U on Feb. 26th, then announced the ports after it was released.

BUT NO. UBISOFT HAD TO CAPCOM-FIVE THIS MESS.

Why is it that Microsoft can get third parties to do whatever they want, but Nintendo always gets screwed in one form or another? Is it just money hats?

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5460 on: February 07, 2013, 12:33:27 PM »
That's a real shame. I don't care about the exclusivity. I suspect that he Wii U version will be the definitive version anyway. But the delay is a nasty blow.
My whole family is itching for this title, has been since playing store displays in early November.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: February 07, 2013, 12:40:13 PM »
People need to stop trying to soften the blow of bad news by calling it "interesting." Either call it what it is or just don't say anything.
Loss Sale.  In fact Ubisoft is now on my list of Publishers who will need a really really good game for me to buy it.
Oh for Pete's sake. I would have no problem with this if they still released Rayman for Wii U on Feb. 26th, then announced the ports after it was released.

BUT NO. UBISOFT HAD TO CAPCOM-FIVE THIS MESS.

Why is it that Microsoft can get third parties to do whatever they want, but Nintendo always gets screwed in one form or another? Is it just money hats?
Agree.  For me what makes this a kick in the balls is that Raymen Legends for the WiiU is done.  There is not doubt about that.  If they want to port it after the fact fine thats just business but, to outright delay it and I'm sure they will strip features as well to keep it in parity with the rest of the systems.

THIS is why Nintendo fans don't like to support 3rd parties anymore.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »
Well, now that the only Wii U game I was looking forward to playing this year has been delayed till the Fall, I guess I can cancel my preorder and just get the PS3 version when it comes out.  I guess I can also box my Wii U up for most of the rest of the year because it's sure not getting played.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:43:16 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Online azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: February 07, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
That's a real shame. I don't care about the exclusivity. I suspect that he Wii U version will be the definitive version anyway.
They're not gonna sit on it for 9 months while they do ports to 360/ps3. The entire game is going to be reworked with new platforms in mind.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: February 07, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »
Again, I think the Wii U version will be the one to get, if you have the choice. This from the IGN article:
Poix explained that the GamePad-based cooperative experience of Rayman Legends will remain exclusive to Wii U, while the Xbox and PlayStation versions will operate more similarly to Rayman Origins. He couldn’t offer many specifics just yet but indicated that more information will be coming leading up to the game’s release.
[/size]“It’s a different kind of experience if you have the Wii U,” Poix said. “Obviously there will be cooperation on the PS3 and 360, but on the Wii U there is still this magic of having one player that can play on one system with a new experience and the other on the usual game pad. That stays a Wii U exclusive for sure, by definition.”
Oui, Mon Gars!

Online azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: February 07, 2013, 12:48:34 PM »
Again, I think the Wii U version will be the one to get, if you have the choice. This from the IGN article:
Poix explained that the GamePad-based cooperative experience of Rayman Legends will remain exclusive to Wii U, while the Xbox and PlayStation versions will operate more similarly to Rayman Origins. He couldn’t offer many specifics just yet but indicated that more information will be coming leading up to the game’s release.
[/size]“It’s a different kind of experience if you have the Wii U,” Poix said. “Obviously there will be cooperation on the PS3 and 360, but on the Wii U there is still this magic of having one player that can play on one system with a new experience and the other on the usual game pad. That stays a Wii U exclusive for sure, by definition.”
As cool as touch functionality is, losing it would only improve the game.

So not only Wii U version is delayed, it's also getting an inferior version.

Nice.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: February 07, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
As cool as touch functionality is, losing it would only improve the game.

So not only Wii U version is delayed, it's also getting an inferior version.

Nice.

Agreed. While I liked the Rayman Legends demo in general, I really didn't like the level where the game forced you to play as Murphy on the touch screen while the AI got to control the actual character. If playing the game on another platform means I don't have to play those levels, that can only be an incentive.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: February 07, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
@Azeke: Sorry, I am not following your logic. How do you conclude the Wii U version will be inferior? The game-pad co-op stuff is essentially optional. It is also amazing.
Have you downloaded and tried the demo?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Online azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: February 07, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »
The game-pad co-op stuff is essentially optional.
No, it's not. In demo one level you're forced to use gamepad at places. You can't skip it.

And if you can -- what's the point of doing it in the first place?

Metro port canceled.
Aliens delayed and gone MIA.
Injustice also possibly delayed, isn't getting DLC and collector's editions.

Nope, nothing wrong's with third parties here.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:04:13 PM by azeke »

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: February 07, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
@ azeke: You are forced in that level of the demo so that the demo can show-off the gamepad stuff. It is my understanding that in the regular game, you can switch characters at will. I am sorry, though, that I don't have anything to cite for that conclusion other than my own dim, aging memory. So, at best, the jury is still out on whether you are forced to play the gamepad character in any given level.

Apart from that, I think it comes down to a matter of opinion. I love the gamepad stuff, others don't. If I am "forced" in some levels to do the gamepad stuff, I am fine with that.

I never said that 3rd parties are not full of crap when it comes to Wii U, just that I think the Rayman game will be best on Wii U. In fact, in other threads, I have repeatedly stated that, for those games in which I have an interest where the 3rd party is refusing to port to Wii U for b.s. reasons, I will go out of my way to buy used if I decide to pick up the game at all. 
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »
The game-pad co-op stuff is essentially optional.
No, it's not. In demo one level you're forced to use gamepad at places. You can't skip it.
BECAUSE ITS A DEMO SHOWING THE GAMEPAD OFF.

Also I love how some of you preach that OPTIONS are always the best and then praise something for limiting options.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:47 PM »
Delaying the game mere weeks before release was a shiesty move.  It will yield a better product, but they had to know sooner that it wouldn't be ready so the timing is what's most disappointing. While I don't care about exclusivity (this wasn't a day 1 purchase for me), announcing it as a same day release with the other consoles on top of going multiplatform is just Ubisoft doing their best Nelson Muntz impersonation. "Ha ha!" **** you, Nelson.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:32:23 PM by Adrock »

Online azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: February 07, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
BECAUSE ITS A DEMO SHOWING THE GAMEPAD OFF.
Demo is supposed show the game off. Can you skip touch co-op stuff in the demo? No? Then you that means forced (no quotation marks here, it's exactly that, you get NDS/iOS touch gameplay shoved in the middle of classic platforming) Murphy gameplay is essential throughout the game.

Why am i even saying this, Ubisoft dev has already told that in Wii U version Murphy was mandatory. That might change though with new revamped versions coming of course.

I'm not opposed to that Murphy stuff in principle. Or touchpad functionality (that musical level was the best part of the demo, everything else was usual Origins stuff plus Murphy). It's cool as i said. I like giving gamepad to my friend to assist me.

If they will make it optional and one can skip those segments at will, as i said then what's the point?

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:51:15 PM by azeke »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: February 07, 2013, 02:37:14 PM »
I don't understand what Ubisoft gains with going multiplatform and completely scrapping a timed Wii U exclusive. Unless Nintendo did something to piss them off, which is possible. But I doubt it.  Yeah, sales aren't going as well as you'd like but ZombiU was still the best selling third party game. Plus, February is barren right now and we're starving for games. There's nothing coming out. Freaking F-Zero on Virtual Console was your main competition right now.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: February 07, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
Third parties are actively sabatoging their efforts on the Wii U. I hope they all go out of business.