Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592725 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - The Road to E3 - 5/11/13
« Reply #5375 on: January 24, 2013, 11:07:34 AM »
Wonderful 101 looks very charming. It has a really cool and fun style to it. Looks light hearted enough to cater to younger Nintendo fans but has an epic flair to it that pure morons only enjoy.
Wait... Are you calling me a moron.  No wonder your so flat chested.
I can get excited if the games look as fan as The Wonderful 101. I can't wait to play that one.

Hahaha! +1
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: January 24, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »
Is there a big anniversary for GBA coming up any time soon? Maybe they'll wait for something like that before making an announcement
This is the 10th anniversary of the first good GBA model. Though I don't think that's enough to justify it.
Its been more than 10 years from when the original GBA design came out... You mean the PoS SP don't you?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: January 24, 2013, 06:12:37 PM »
The article isn't complete bullshit.

I would totally agree on the premise that Thrid-party support is something to be wary of. I would also say its obvious that Nintendo is having trouble with HD development.

How other comments are bullshit though. I mean he complains that their isn't any new IP from Nintendo but convenient lay forgets to mention that new footage of the Wonderful 101 was shown and the Trailer for X was shown as well. Not to mention last year Nintendo had a few new IP in the form of a few eshop games.

While I do wish Nintendo had a bigger increase of new IP I understand why they use existing characters when building a new game. Also its bullshit how he complains about Yoshi Yarn looking similar to Epic Yarn. One of my favorite Games is perfect Dark which is a reworking of an old title.

I think a bog reason why a lot of Journalist have been angry at Nintendo is because ND has really hurt that they get clicks. Its sad because the article in question does have some valid points.

Going to sit down and rewrote this on a real keyboard and expand on it. It'll be interesting to see how the press reacts to Sony and MS next systems and if some of the IP is used again.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: January 24, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »
How is it obvious Nintendo's having trouble with HD development?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: January 24, 2013, 06:42:49 PM »
Having trouble would probably be a bad term to use. More like I don't think they were really prepared for how time consuming and expensive HD development would be. It'd part of the reason they have this expansion coming to their main building soon. If I recall isn't Namco working on smash because they wanted to get with someone would had experience with HD development,.

I think we take as gamers look at Nintendo and wrongfully complain about them not having more. The problem is that the majority of the Industry is working on has stupidly oversized teams and reuse assets (Assassin's Creed, FFXIII).

Even the bigger mainline titles take a good amount of time before the next one comes out.  It was six years between Halo 3 and 4 and the development time was around 4-5 years. I'm expecting another big wait between H4 and H5 as well. Assassins Cred had a 3-4 year delay with all of its main series. We just get those side games because ubisoft loves its vitamin D.

But for some reason nintendo who also follows this type of schedule is considered bad.

The only real thongs that were disappointing about ND to me were Mario Kart so soon and the fact that the NSMBU dlc wasn't announced.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: January 24, 2013, 11:11:17 PM »
Hey does anyone have a good idea what 1st and 2nd party Nintendo developers are out there that we don't know what they are working on? Retro, Brownie Brown, Camelot? Or maybe they are doing stuff for 3DS? Who is left that we have no idea what they are working on?

RomanceDawn

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: January 24, 2013, 11:24:29 PM »
Retro, AlphaDream (Mario&Luigi guys), NST.

EAD, ND Cube and Good Feel were outed in the last direct.

Maybe HAL Labs since they're kinda quiet lately. Probably handheld Kirby of some sort.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: January 24, 2013, 11:32:43 PM »
NST brought in some new people a while ago, I'd assume to start working on a game, which I hope to see somewhere soon.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: January 24, 2013, 11:40:48 PM »
Also, Monster Games. I want my ExciteBots 2 dammit.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: January 25, 2013, 12:20:34 AM »
Cool thanks! Also can we talk about those Pikmin pics? The irises in that Bulborbs eyes look hauntingly real. Some of those plants would look so real if I couldn't tell they were flat from certain angles. The rocks look like rocks man! I'm happy with that, and can live with it til the end, plus it will only get better.

Iwata Asks Platinum Games.
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/platinum-games/0/0[/font]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:35:08 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: January 25, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »
Even the bigger mainline titles take a good amount of time before the next one comes out.  It was six years between Halo 3 and 4 and the development time was around 4-5 years. I'm expecting another big wait between H4 and H5 as well.
Halo 3 and 4 were developed by different teams, Bungie and 343 Industries respectively. Therefore, 1 studio wasn't slaving away on a single game the whole time. To be more specific, while there may have been 5 years between Halo 3 and 4, Halo Reach from Bungie came out in 2010, 3 years after Halo 3. It may not be a numbered entry, but it's essentially Halo 0. Halo 4 began development in 2009. That said, development for each 360 entry was roughly 3 years, not to mention both Bungie and 343i even split their teams to work on side projects, ODST and Anniversary. The new Halo trilogy was planned from the start to be a trilogy so I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 5 came out in 2014. Maybe the Anniversary team started work on Halo 5 once they finished their game with the Halo 4 team moving over as well after Halo 4 was released.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: January 25, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »
Cool thanks! Also can we talk about those Pikmin pics? The irises in that Bulborbs eyes look hauntingly real. Some of those plants would look so real if I couldn't tell they were flat from certain angles. The rocks look like rocks man! I'm happy with that, and can live with it til the end, plus it will only get better.

Iwata Asks Platinum Games.
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/platinum-games/0/0[/font]
I'm a little wary of Pikmin 3 and Epic Yoshi Yarn actually looking like what has been presented till I see them in action for myself.  Grant it that Ni No Kuni looks great so I'm not fully skeptical of those games but I still want to see them in person running.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: January 25, 2013, 10:55:31 AM »
Hey Caterkiller, do the new Pikmin pics look much better than what we saw at E3, Or is it about the same as Nintendoland?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: January 25, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »

[size=78%]

[/size]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:18:44 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »
If they can pull that off I be ecstatic.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #5393 on: January 25, 2013, 11:44:55 AM »
Other than a couple rough ground/rock textures, those are flawless.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: January 25, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »
Bulborb is starting to look like real life Homer Simpson.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: January 25, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
Those pikmin shots look as amazing!!! Way beyond what was at E3.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: January 25, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
Considering how beautiful Pikmin and Pikmin 2 were, I have the utmost confidence that Pikmin 3 will blow our minds, especially since Miyamoto made it a point to bring up HD graphics as one of the many useful features for the game.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: January 25, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »
Considering how beautiful Pikmin and Pikmin 2 were, I have the utmost confidence that Pikmin 3 will blow our minds, especially since Miyamoto made it a point to bring up HD graphics as one of the many useful features for the game.
It's definitely one series that would benefit from better graphics.  And I for one can't wait to see the final game.  Here's hoping the delay is to make it prettier. :)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: January 25, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »
Pikmin is weird because some shots still look okay while others look amazing. Hopefully the delay is to add fucking online multiplayer.

Also anyone else find how we have all of these articles complaining about the ND annoucments but when Sony did so etching similar at games con they received nothing but praise.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: January 25, 2013, 05:31:32 PM »
Pikmin is weird because some shots still look okay while others look amazing. Hopefully the delay is to add fucking online multiplayer.

Also anyone else find how we have all of these articles complaining about the ND annoucments but when Sony did so etching similar at games con they received nothing but praise.
Not a special event is part of it and Nintendo Fans we've been on defensive so long that we're easy to hit.