Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592763 times)

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U is here
« Reply #5075 on: November 26, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »
Borderlands 2 is a big split screen coop game (because single player is dull) so there's a use for the Gamepad screen right there. Stopping making lame excuses Pitchford!

exactly my point.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: November 26, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »
That's likely a part of it as well, which I think is a mistake. People won't buy third-party games if there are none to buy. Though their talk about how they couldn't think of exclusive features to add is what made me wonder if it were that it'd release after the other versions, like they think anyone who wants it on Wii U has it on another system. I'd certainly be interested in Borderlands 2, simply having pointer controls would be the "OMG I want that game for Wii U" factor for me. I guess it's possible the Wii U could get the Game of the Year edition down the line, and whatever the reason, I hope that they reconsider.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: November 26, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »
I'd certainly be interested in Borderlands 2, simply having pointer controls would be the "OMG I want that game for Wii U" factor for me.

That's part of the reason I picked up Black Ops II for Wii U, my first CoD since Modern Warfare II (which I didn't like). Outside Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land, there isn't a single FPS at launch. If 007 Legends was ready for launch, it would've been that one. Even if that game sucked, I would've enjoyed being Bond again as long as I got to shoot with my wiimote again. If I don't like this CoD, I just wasted my money because I'll likely give it away (like last time).
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: November 26, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »
Too bad for Borderlands 2. I wonder if Capcom will think of putting any game on the Wii U... what about Square Enix because I sure would love to play Hitman Absolution.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: November 26, 2012, 09:59:50 PM »
If Capcom is gonna put anything on Wii U, I'd want it to be Mega Man related.

That is all.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: November 26, 2012, 10:20:18 PM »
I was hoping for DmC, but who knows what's happening at Capcom right now in regards to the Wii U. There's also konami... what the hell are these companies waiting for *sigh*.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: November 26, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »
There was a rumor a while back that Straight Right (the team that handled the Mass Effect 3 port) was porting a major Square Enix title to Wii U (my guess was Tomb Raider).

As for Capcom, I second something Mega Man related though it seems unlikely. We're already getting Bayonetta 2 exclusive so if I want to get my ass handed to me in a twitch, hack and slash action game, I'll start there.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: November 26, 2012, 10:40:04 PM »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5083 on: November 26, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »
Adrock, I wouldn't discount it being Mega Man since they did say they plan to bring him back.

I hadn't heard the rumor they were working on a Square Enix title. I do know they confirmed they are working on a title from a major franchise that will come out in 2013, and that they are working on their own IP; both of which will be out on Wii U.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: November 26, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it. Capcom has been Stone Cold Stunning Mega Man for some time now. Canceling Legends 3 was a total bummer. C'est la vie.

And NWR even reported on the Straight Right rumor about a month and a half ago. You can read about it here.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: November 26, 2012, 10:58:03 PM »
I think Capcom might do a special edition version of Resident Evil 6, i mean all resident evils except 5 have been in Nintendo consoles, as for mega Man, if rumors are true is for sure coming to Wii U. About Square Enix game my guess is either Tomb Raider or FF13-3.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: November 26, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »
Capcom did release a special Anthology and Archives edition on PS3 and 360 respectively. Anthology is the better collection so a version on Wii U including the REmake (instead of the Director's Cut), Zero, and Code Veronica X (and the rumored HD port of Revelaitons if they're feeling generous which they most likely would not) would be more than enough for me to double dip.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: November 26, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
^When you put it like that, why not through in Res 5 gold edition and am sold.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: November 26, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »
I believe the Gold edition is included in both collections. I opted for the regular version of Resident Evil 6 since I already had Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, but it was a good deal for those who didn't. Come on. Jill Valentine is right on the cover of the Gold Edition and you get to play as her in 2 additional scenarios. Yeah... I'll take eight. Immediately.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
I think when third parties understand what the wii u is all about things will change, of course strong sales have to back it up, but man just turning on the wii u by the gamepad without using the tv and jump right in there either to check miiverse or to play a game is something really cool, i can just imagine what nintendo has in store, i also hope that nintendo backs up third parties (specially japanesse) who decides to make a serious effort on the platform.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: November 27, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
Just gave it a try at Gamestop and was immediately sold (if they had a deluxe in stock at least).  Actually playing with the screen in my hand just made me think of so many possibilities.

I didn't really expect Rayman Legends to be so good though.  Besides looking absolutely gorgeous they did an amazing job of turning a 2D platformer into a rhythm game for a level.  You have to run at top speed and all your jumps and attacks perfectly sync up with the song.  This game wasn't even on my radar before either.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: November 27, 2012, 12:05:27 AM »
**** RE6. We've got ZombiU.
I'm all good on having Tomb Raider though if the rumors are true, as well as having another Mega Man game although don't know what Capcom can think up to be a decent game other then to be a 2D platformer. I did like one of the Legends game that I have played on a PC, but I don't see how Capcom would be capable of pulling another one off considering their 3DS fiasco.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: November 27, 2012, 12:38:18 AM »
Adrock, I wouldn't discount it being Mega Man since they did say they plan to bring him back.

I hadn't heard the rumor they were working on a Square Enix title. I do know they confirmed they are working on a title from a major franchise that will come out in 2013, and that they are working on their own IP; both of which will be out on Wii U.

Bring him back? Doesn't anyone rember Mega Man 9 & 10 (they came out just a couple years ago)? I just want them to finally make a game that links the Classic series with the Mega Man X series, sort of like a bridge title.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5093 on: November 27, 2012, 12:43:51 AM »
That was 2 years ago, and nothing since (after releasing at least 2 a year for several years, they had released 128 Mega Man games from 1987-2010 for an average of 5.5 games a year). The only two announced games in the series since then both got canceled and the series creator left Capcom. The series was pretty much dead.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: November 27, 2012, 01:17:21 AM »
Yep, the current management of Capcom only wants Western oriented games now except for Monster Hunter since it's insanely huge in Japan.  The only way we'll get a new Mega Man in the near future is if its some kind of DmC style reboot from a Western developer, in which case it's better left dead.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: November 27, 2012, 01:27:47 AM »
Just gave it a try at Gamestop and was immediately sold (if they had a deluxe in stock at least).  Actually playing with the screen in my hand just made me think of so many possibilities.

I didn't really expect Rayman Legends to be so good though.  Besides looking absolutely gorgeous they did an amazing job of turning a 2D platformer into a rhythm game for a level.  You have to run at top speed and all your jumps and attacks perfectly sync up with the song.  This game wasn't even on my radar before either.
I've never played a Rayman game before but I was watching two kids play it at Best Buy (about time they put some actual game demos in the kiosk!) and it looked absolutely amazing. I might have to pick that one up.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5096 on: November 27, 2012, 01:34:42 AM »
I think Capcom is foolish not to take the time now to reinvent Mega Man.

Personally, I would love to see Mega Man go more Contra style.  2D hardcore shooter and platformer...eight way directional shooting. 

Continue to have boss robots and the ability to take there powers, but have more of a paper/rock/scissors game through the entire series with enemies throughout the levels that are weak to some attacks and stronger to others...and perhaps push item management alittle more...and have one big open world instead stages...make it kinda like Metroid-Mega Man game. 

I would buy that for a dollar.  (Actually more.)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: November 27, 2012, 01:55:27 AM »
I think Capcom is foolish not to take the time now to reinvent Mega Man.

Personally, I would love to see Mega Man go more Contra style.  2D hardcore shooter and platformer...eight way directional shooting. 

Continue to have boss robots and the ability to take there powers, but have more of a paper/rock/scissors game through the entire series with enemies throughout the levels that are weak to some attacks and stronger to others...and perhaps push item management alittle more...and have one big open world instead stages...make it kinda like Metroid-Mega Man game. 

I would buy that for a dollar.  (Actually more.)

They already made a game like that. Mega Man ZX on the DS.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: November 27, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: November 27, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
Tvii pushed back to 2013 for those of us not in Japan.  Boooo

>:(

http://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-tvii-launching-december-8-in-japan-us-and-europe-in-2013-27258457/
I'm not surprised but disappointed.  They should have been hyping other features if they couldn't deliver.  I'm hoping that its an indication of the need for receiver control but, I'm probably not going to use this because of the lack of DLNA and Blu-Ray Support.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.