Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592838 times)

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 1 day 6 hours
« Reply #4875 on: November 17, 2012, 03:56:51 AM »
My order (Wii U Deluxe Set) from EB Games has shipped!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 16 hours 55mins
« Reply #4876 on: November 17, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »
Got my email from BB that my pre-order will be ready tomorrow. Great news to wake up to :)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 16 hours 55mins
« Reply #4877 on: November 17, 2012, 12:32:55 PM »
I got my confirmation e-mail from Toys R Us a few days back.  Less than a day left!!!!!!!!

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 8 hours 55mins
« Reply #4878 on: November 17, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »
Mine is ready for pickup at my best buy. They open at 10 am :-(

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 4 hours 57mins
« Reply #4879 on: November 17, 2012, 09:42:54 PM »
I'm leaving pretty soon for Wal-Mart.  I've treated that layaway receipt like it was a precious jewel for the past month.  I'm getting it at midnight but I'm not sure I'll be able to stay awake to play the system now that we know the day one update will take an hour+.  At least I'll be able to wake up and play in my pajamas!  ;D
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
Re: Wii U < 4 hours 57mins
« Reply #4880 on: November 17, 2012, 09:48:41 PM »

I just checked, mine opens at 11. grr..
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 3 hours 19mins
« Reply #4881 on: November 17, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »

I just checked, mine opens at 11. grr..

mine too... I even went down there in person early today to put in an argument for why they should give me my order that said it was ready for pick-up.

No luck though, but I didn't put up a fight.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U < 3 hours 19mins
« Reply #4882 on: November 17, 2012, 11:08:57 PM »
I'm gonna try to get a Deluxe at Wal Mart and Gamestop a few hours after work. Wish me luck.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
Re: Wii U < 2 hours 46mins
« Reply #4884 on: November 17, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »
Lucky bastard! haha good for him/her.

BnM: That's exactly what I would of done if I had the time earlier, wouldn't put up much of a fight either should there be some vindictive asshole employee that would remember me and try some **** when I come back tomorrow. My plan was play it stupid; "oh but I got an email saying it was ready for pick up.."

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U is here
« Reply #4885 on: November 18, 2012, 05:02:47 AM »
So I just spent the first couple hours poking around the interface and playing a few games in NintendoLand.

Now doing the dreaded update.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: November 18, 2012, 06:28:21 AM »
This thing updates so much, I think it's a PS3! (updates are faster though)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: November 18, 2012, 07:55:41 AM »
This thing updates so much, I think it's a PS3! (updates are faster though)

what exactly do you mean by "updates so much"? is there more than one? Are you talking about game specific updates, like BLOPS2?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: November 18, 2012, 08:01:31 AM »
I think by now we are pretty sure this first update is a regiggering of the whole OS.  Not surprised its long.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: November 18, 2012, 09:15:03 AM »
I'm not surprised by that but it doesn't answer if there were multiple updates involved or just one long one. The way it was worded sounds like multiple updates, I wanna know what I'm getting in to, ya know?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: November 18, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »

Thank you poster to be presented to Reggie at the NY Nintendo World Store Wii U Launch.

https://twitter.com/streetpassnyc/status/269906851230007297

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: November 18, 2012, 11:37:21 AM »
I took my dandy old time unboxing and unwrapping the console, just taking in the newness. I left the console stand and plain GamePad stand in the box. I'm reusing my Wii sensor bar. I'm currently performing the ungodly system update. It's been going for about 30-35 minutes and it's about 60% through. I don't know if there are more updates after this one.

And ex-coworker was standing in line when I got to Best Buy. He said he was just at Toys R Us because they had a Buy 1 Get 1 40% off. I thought that sale ended yesterday and didn't include Wii U titles. So, I left the line (only about 10 people) and bought New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU. I'll see if I can handle an FPS, but if not, I'm sure my brother will dig it. I wanted to support the major 3rd party exclusive especially considering I saved $24. I'm still going to try to get NSMBU from Old Navy on Friday. There's an Old Navy 5 minutes from where I'm spending Thanksgiving. Anyway, I also got a $35 Nintendo Prepaid Card for Mighty Switch Force and Trine 2, which is apparently $20. That's not confirmed. The clerk at Best Buy tried looking for it online and that's the price she found.

Side-note: When I came back from Toys R Us, there were like 4 more people in line, but I just went back to my friend to chat. One of those 4 people complained to a Best Buy employee that I butt in line, even though he, along with everyone else in line, already had his ticket for standing in line. The Best Buy employee asked me if I had a pre-order or needed a ticket and I told him I had a pre-order. The tattle tale just looked down and said, "Oh..." I don't understand what his problem was. He was already guaranteed one when I got back there and even if he thought I would get rung up before him, I clearly didn't have a ticket. **** that guy. I hope he trips on a rock today.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:39:17 AM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 18, 2012, 11:48:30 AM »
I took my dandy old time unboxing and unwrapping the console, just taking in the newness. I left the console stand and plain GamePad stand in the box. I'm reusing my Wii sensor bar. I'm currently performing the ungodly system update. It's been going for about 30-35 minutes and it's about 60% through. I don't know if there are more updates after this one.

Word is that the update is over 1GB and takes about an hour.

another update for Netflix
and other updates for specific games such as CoD

so be prepared to update for close to 2hrs depending on what you plan on doing with your Wii U right out of the box.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: November 18, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
I got mine! Fucking BB actually opened at 10 despite what the on-line and email notice said.. oh well, I still got mine!

First impression: surprised how heavy the box is.

MORE IMPRESSIONS TO COME! lol

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: November 18, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »
Quote from: Adrock
I also got a $35 Nintendo Prepaid Card for Mighty Switch Force and Trine 2, which is apparently $20. That's not confirmed. The clerk at Best Buy tried looking for it online and that's the price she found.

Confirmed according to GoNintendo.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: November 18, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »
Second impression: OH **** ITS ON!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »
* UncleBob is redownloading all of his Wii downloads.

For the second time.

>:(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »
Holy ****!

Typing the IRC command "/me" does crap on the forums?  WTF.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
Keep getting an error code.. and i'm hungry :(

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4899 on: November 18, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »
Holy ****!

Typing the IRC command "/me" does crap on the forums?  WTF.

* Shaymin is surprised a mod wouldn't have the master list of commands at his fingertips
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.