Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592808 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #4700 on: October 29, 2012, 07:18:44 PM »
Nintendo ripped off USB Loader GX with their interface on the demo setup. Nice.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: October 29, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »
Go to Kmart. I work at one, and we don't do preorders. All you need to do is be first in line when they open (which won't be that hard, considering everyone always forgets about Kmart), and hurry back to the electronics section and grab an associate to get your **** from behind the glass.

I'll probably keep one in the back for myself, though. :P

That's actually exactly what I did last time, in fact the employees asked me why I was there and when I said I was there for the new Nintendo console, they laughed and said they sold out earlier that week, thinking I meant PS3 which launched earlier that week. I was lucky because they only had three consoles total in stock. That was such a crazy time.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #4702 on: October 29, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »
Nintendo ripped off USB Loader GX with their interface on the demo setup. Nice.
USB Loader GX was a rip off of Nintendo's Starlight Fun Center interface, which if anything, was inspired by Apple's Cover Flow.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: October 29, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »
Go to Kmart. I work at one, and we don't do preorders. All you need to do is be first in line when they open (which won't be that hard, considering everyone always forgets about Kmart), and hurry back to the electronics section and grab an associate to get your **** from behind the glass.

I'll probably keep one in the back for myself, though. :P

That's actually exactly what I did last time, in fact the employees asked me why I was there and when I said I was there for the new Nintendo console, they laughed and said they sold out earlier that week, thinking I meant PS3 which launched earlier that week. I was lucky because they only had three consoles total in stock. That was such a crazy time.

Really? HMMMM... Note to self. Consider a Kmart run on Black Friday...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4704 on: October 29, 2012, 09:48:06 PM »
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:49:41 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: October 29, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
If Best Buy screws me and Walmart is out as well, I will head to Kmart.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: October 30, 2012, 01:08:14 AM »
Actually, Kmart is usually busy on Black Friday (my store, at least). But if you want the system launch day, you are pretty much guaranteed a system if you get in line a little bit before the store opens.

But as always, take my advice with a grain of salt.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: October 30, 2012, 08:36:37 AM »
Wait a person who actually works at a Kmart and isn't over fifty? That's is unheard of. I used to work for K-Mart a long time ago, back when they were going through the bankruptcy. I also worked at Sears shortly after. Needless to say due to my experience with both stores, I am not allowed to shop at Sears, or work at either store any more. I still shop K-Mart every once in a while because I don't like big crowds, kind of why I hate Walmart so much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: October 30, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »
Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U advertised at GameStop (in Ireland)

Not an official announcement, but it looks pretty close to confirmed at this point. I've never completed a Splinter Cell game. This is still good news though.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: October 30, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
I've never played a Splinter Cell game, but I liked what I saw about it at E3. It seems like a game that could do a lot of cool things with the GamePad if they were wiling to put the effort in.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #4710 on: October 31, 2012, 03:48:37 PM »
I guess we need to watch Nintendo of America's facebook page tomorrow they will be premiering the Wii U advertising campaign. (They just recently tweeted this.)

http://twitpic.com/b94tgg
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:50:24 PM by BlkPaladin »
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: October 31, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »
I guess we need to watch Nintendo of America's facebook page tomorrow they will be premiering the Wii U advertising campaign. (They just recently tweeted this.)

Man NoA.  Always trying to put me in Cubes man.  Cubes.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: October 31, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »
I got some good news, school changed my residence to in state so now I get the lower tuition, which means I might just be able to afford one after all.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: October 31, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »
I got some good news, school changed my residence to in state so now I get the lower tuition, which means I might just be able to afford one after all.
Congratulations on no longer being an Alien.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: October 31, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »

Man NoA.  Always trying to put me in Cubes man.  Cubes.

I think those cubes are left over from the Love Hotels Nintendo was running in Japan ;)

either that, or those are actual Japanese apartments.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: October 31, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
I've been to Japan and can proudly say that I can confirm both of BnM's points.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline terribledeli

• View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: November 01, 2012, 07:01:12 PM »
My local Target set up their demo unit today. Only videos were accessible, no demos but I was able to actually put my hands on the gamepad.

They also finally got the Lego City pre-order cards (with Chase minifig), though, the cards just had a date of "Coming Soon".
NNID: terribledeli
3DSFC: 0645-5771-9850

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: November 01, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »
Congratulations on no longer being an Alien.

No, I moved to Nebraska from Nevada, I was charged out of state tuition but I fought it and won so now I get billed in state.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4718 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »
If you are just going to college there, then you should be charged out of state tuition. You should only get in-state tuition if you moved there already and are not there just for college.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: November 01, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
Actually most of the time you just have to meet the States Citizenship requirements that varies from State to State.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4720 on: November 01, 2012, 11:16:38 PM »
I know, I was just saying what I think it should be.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: November 02, 2012, 01:19:05 AM »
Here are some features that websites or online services have that Nintendo could emulate with the eShop and Virtual Console:

iTunes:

• The option to use Paypal to pay for games.
  • A universal account system per user.
  • Use purchased items on more than device like the iPhone and iPad.
Steam:

• Periodic Discounts for games.
Amazon:

• Features that include title search, shopping cart, wishlist, and reviews via Club Nintendo.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: November 02, 2012, 01:35:19 AM »
  • The option to use Paypal to pay for games.
What for? I'm forced to use it sometimes and i hate paying them a dollar every time for basically nothing. What do they even do except for being an unnecessary middle man?
I really want to know if there's any advantages to them compared to usual (virtual) credit cards.

• A universal account system per user.
  • Use purchased items on more than device like the iPhone and iPad.
Yes, please. I lost my original 3ds last month, so former has become especially important for me. Latter is tricky though, considering their virtual console is not unified and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

• Periodic Discounts for games.
Already there on eShop.

• Features that include title search, shopping cart, wishlist, and reviews via Club Nintendo.
Search is there, you can sorta do shopping cart by choosing to download game in background.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: November 02, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
If you are just going to college there, then you should be charged out of state tuition. You should only get in-state tuition if you moved there already and are not there just for college.

I didn't move here to go to college, I ended up here for other reasons. I met the requirements and they agreed I just had to get paper work lined up which is not always easy.

Back on topic, I haven't read anything how the eshop will work, is it different entirely from what they had on Wii with Virtual Console and I can't think right now what were they called the original downladable games?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:20:58 AM by toddra »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: November 02, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »
Dear Great Murloc, I don't want Nintendo have a Universal Account anything like iTunes.  I have to fight with that every time I try to use it.  Be it on a Mac, iPhone, PC etc.  Making Nintendo Free Radios account took 3 days 3 DAYS of trying.

Mimic Microsoft Passport/live/Whatever their calling it now instead.  I've had the same account with minimal maintenance sine 1998 and it still works with everything no problem.  When it was time to setup my Windows Phone 7 at launch I logged in with my 1998 account and bam everything was sucked in and ready to go.