Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592732 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Wii U
« Reply #4200 on: September 15, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »
The Rayman thing was just a prootype video to show an example, I don't think the game was ever confirmed to have it.

The Deluxe version of Wii U also lets you earn discounts on digital games, you don't want that?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: September 15, 2012, 09:48:27 PM »
How different is the picture quality of HDMI over component? Is is really that noticeable for most people?

Nope.
Possibly right, but most likely wrong.  My guess is that the component cables will be only able to output 480p at most.  HDMI will go up to 1080p on the Wii.

Component cables can carry a 1080p signal.
It can but I'm going on what most bluray players and the PS3 did with component cables.  They are nerfed to only allow up to a 480p signal.  It's meant as an antipiracy measure.  It's why I said possibly right.  They can carry a 1080p signal, but we don't know if Nintendo will allow that, nor do we know if the Wii component cables were ever meant to be able to carry a 1080p signal.  They were designed for a Wii with a 480p max signal.

I have my PS3 using component cables, and I'm getting 720p.
I know for a fact that the PS3 will output games on Component to 1080i. DVD/BluRay is hit or miss.

On the accessories.  Anything requiring GCN parts and Anything that involves the Wii Form Factor (Think Stands, Skins, Etc.).  I'm fairly sure the power brick will be different.

Component cables can carry whatever signal the source wants to send to the receiver, the cables are not limited to 480p because of themselves, but because of the Wii hardware.

DVDs cannot be output above 480p via component, unless you are using a source that doesn't support CSS/Macrovision, which is why all upscaling DVD players use HDMI (or maybe DVI or VGA).

BluRay players (typically) cannot output above 540p unless you use HDMI due to HDCP compliance.

The PS3 can output games at 1080p over component - it's up to your TV whether or not it will do 1080p via component though. Any halfway decent 1080p TV will.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: September 15, 2012, 10:50:51 PM »

Before image shack these actually looked better.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:52:22 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: September 15, 2012, 10:55:46 PM »
Are they supposed to be 640x360? Can you make them link to the 720p shots?

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4204 on: September 15, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
Good heavens. I think they look fantastic even in that size. What kind of cocaine is Shiggy on anyway? Geez.

Can't wait for Pikmin 3!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: September 15, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »
USB-storage space confirmed, not sure what file system but they did state it was hooked up to an 3TB external USB HD :).
If wii, dsi and 3ds are anything to go by, it will support standard fat32 and ntfs.

All SD cards for these devices didn't change file system and just saved their stuff as regular folders and files.

Also confirmed the first title to use dual Gamepads (Orochi Musou 2 Hyper ) hense why the Japanese is getting the seperate purchasing option for the Gamepads.
Ahahah, of all games THIS is their first dual gamepad game? Oh wow.

And lastly, no title is using NFC :(.  I can understand Skylanders (because the figure stays on the device)
No, this is bs. In 3ds version you just "activate" your figurine per session and then can go wherever you go.
I mean, seriously, Activision and Nintendo? The technology is already there, why you force people to buy unneeded portal of power.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: September 16, 2012, 02:14:16 AM »
Also confirmed the first title to use dual Gamepads (Orochi Musou 2 Hyper ) hense why the Japanese is getting the seperate purchasing option for the Gamepads.  The game won't hit the US this year, so sometime next year I'm guessing you'll be able to purchase a second Gamepad.

Link?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: September 16, 2012, 02:16:16 AM »

I was going to post the big original picture, but is there a limit to what we can post on forums? Im always afraid I will post something that will get me in trouble.

RomanceDawn

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: September 16, 2012, 02:19:00 AM »

I was going to post the big original picture, but is there a limit to what we can post on forums? Im always afraid I will post something that will get me in trouble.

HOW DARE YOU. REPORTED.

I think you can do up to 1024 width images now without getting in trouble.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: September 16, 2012, 02:23:13 AM »
Wii U Press site!

Username: wiiu
Pass: nintendo

http://press.nintendo.com/wiiu

Super high resolution everything in there. Has anyone looked yet?

RomanceDawn

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4210 on: September 16, 2012, 09:18:03 AM »
I looked through that site yesterday, Cater, but I couldn't find any of the box arts you posted. Is there a special, super hidden section of the site I'm just not seeing?
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: September 16, 2012, 09:28:17 AM »
The Pikmin, and Game & Wario assets on that site are still the old ones. I can't recall if there are others like that, but the majority has new stuff.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: September 16, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »
It may not be possible to answer this question yet, but if I use HDMI for video, could I still use composite cables for audio? Or will the signal come out of only one jack at a time?

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4213 on: September 16, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »
HDMI does both video and audio, I believe.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: September 16, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
I know that, but I need audio to be separate so that I can connect it to my stereo.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4215 on: September 16, 2012, 04:57:08 PM »
Oh, I see. I didn't realize your situation. That makes sense then.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: September 16, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »
I know that, but I need audio to be separable so that I can connect it to my stereo.

Run The audio From Your TV to your stereo. Problem Solved.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: September 16, 2012, 08:01:34 PM »
Does anyone think that a Gamecube Virtual Console will be under utilized like the N64 or will it get quality support? Considering how most of the contracts on Gamecube games are a decade or less then there might not be as much licensing issues as those of the N64. However, whatever the Gamecube VC does get will be very good none the less.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: September 16, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
The GameCube is actually older now than the N64 was when the Wii launched, so I wouldn't expect any more favorable licensing conditions due to age.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: September 16, 2012, 08:13:15 PM »
The GameCube is actually older now than the N64 was when the Wii launched, so I wouldn't expect any more favorable licensing conditions due to age.

Do you think it will be a repeat of the N64?

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4220 on: September 16, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »
I know that, but I need audio to be separable so that I can connect it to my stereo.

Actually, yeah. That's what I do. All of my consoles are connected to my TV through component or HDMI cables, and then I run audio cables (the red/white composite things) from my TV out to my 5.1 surround system.

Xenoblade never sounded better. :)
Muh Backloggery!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: September 16, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »

It really depends on how much effort Nintendo wants to put into it, and the relative trouble it takes to get a game running properly. The biggest reason the N64 saw the least support on the Wii VC was that it required more work to get those games running as well as Nintendo demands them to. The upside here is that the system should be able to run GameCube games natively without emulation, which would seem to indicate it wouldn't be that hard to get them up and running.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: September 16, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »

It really depends on how much effort Nintendo wants to put into it, and the relative trouble it takes to get a game running properly. The biggest reason the N64 saw the least support on the Wii VC was that it required more work to get those games running as well as Nintendo demands them to. The upside here is that the system should be able to run GameCube games natively without emulation, which would seem to indicate it wouldn't be that hard to get them up and running.

Do you think the Wii could get its own Virtual Console?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: September 16, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
I could see them selling Wii games digitally through the eShop, but I doubt they'd put them under the Virtual Console umbrella.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: September 16, 2012, 08:52:08 PM »

Actually, yeah. That's what I do. All of my consoles are connected to my TV through component or HDMI cables, and then I run audio cables (the red/white composite things) from my TV out to my 5.1 surround system.

Xenoblade never sounded better. :)
Sure it did, because if you're using composite cables you'll be getting Pro Logic II at best. Most TVs do not allow 5.1 or higher output unless if is coming from the TV's built-in tuner...these days you need a receiver with HDMI in and out (and pass-thru for when you don't want to use the stereo) to get true 5.1 or higher sound.