Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592794 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #3925 on: August 27, 2012, 03:33:21 AM »
Based the the ability to transfer games and apps from the DS to 3DS and then to the 3DS XL what can we expect when the time comes to transfer between the Wii and Wii U? What games from the Wii does everyone think that will not be able to transfer over to the Wii U? Any of the online Wii games and licensed titles (TMNT) may not be able to make it over to the Wii U (Lord help them if Monster Hunter Tri does not).
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: August 27, 2012, 03:35:12 AM »
Square is NOT wearing the pants. Far from it. It's because of Square Enix that we got FFX-2, and the horrid FFXIII titles. It's because of Enix that we've gotten shitty remakes and releases over and over again instead of new content.

And last time I checked, Square's last move was The Spirits Within. I don't really think (even if they still had the creative power) they'd be able to handle a real sequel to SMRPG with Nintendo.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: August 27, 2012, 03:36:56 AM »
Square is NOT wearing the pants. Far from it. It's because of Square Enix that we got FFX-2, and the horrid FFXIII titles. It's because of Enix that we've gotten shitty remakes and releases over and over again instead of new content.

And last time I checked, Square's last move was The Spirits Within. I don't really think (even if they still had the creative power) they'd be able to handle a real sequel to SMRPG with Nintendo.

That is why Monolithsoft should handle developing the game.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: August 27, 2012, 03:40:34 AM »
But we weren't talking about Monolith Soft. Sure, they'd be able to do it, but it wouldn't have the famous FF references that made the first game really special, in my opinion. At best it would have a few Xenoblade references?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: August 27, 2012, 04:06:53 AM »
Based the the ability to transfer games and apps from the DS to 3DS and then to the 3DS XL what can we expect when the time comes to transfer between the Wii and Wii U? What games from the Wii does everyone think that will not be able to transfer over to the Wii U? Any of the online Wii games and licensed titles (TMNT) may not be able to make it over to the Wii U (Lord help them if Monster Hunter Tri does not).

Nintendo confirmed at E3 that Virtual Console, WiiWare and game saves will transfer from Wii to Wii U. As happened on the DSi, I'm sure there will be some VC and WiiWare games that, at least initially, won't be transferable because of licensing issues. Basically anything made by Nintendo will be fine, and so will most other things. With DSiWare there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what wasn't eligible.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: August 27, 2012, 02:55:42 PM »
Give me new IPs.  I feel like getting a new console is when the new IPs should show up.  That's why I'm excited for ZombiU and even for Nintendo Land.

I don't need a new SMRPG at this point.  I don't think anyone at either company would do it justice at this point anyways.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: August 27, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: August 27, 2012, 07:22:49 PM »
This might sound strange, but I would really like to see a sequel to Disaster: Day of Crisis for the Wii U. However, unlike the original game this one would be developed by a western company (not Retro). This alone would make it much better than the original, but I really like the premise of that game. It's poorly executed design and presentation is what killed it. What I am looking for is a game with the open world gameplay of say a game like GTA IV coupled with Arkham City and graphics that push the Wii U hardware very well. Of course this will never happen, so it is relegated to my imagination.

Wow, it's sounds like you've played the original Disaster thoroughly. Or are you just parroting someone else's opinion without having played the game?

Disaster was a fantastic game and I've played through it a bunch of times. Sure, it's not your typical AAA Nintendo title, I'd compare it more to a B-grade movie. It's a lot of fun albeit a little rough around the edges. And I'd love to see a sequel.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: August 27, 2012, 08:48:27 PM »
Disaster is on my list of games to play some day.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: August 28, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »
Disaster is on my list of games to play some day.
Me too.
Once I secure a WiiU and I am fully transitioned over, I will then (and only then) consider modding my Wii so I can play an import or two. Disaster is one of them, Pandora's Tower is another. Some of the homebrew stuff Guiaullme has been talking about on RFN sound interesting too.
The Wii modding may be a mid-winter (Feb-March) 2013 project.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: August 28, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
I don't know about any of you but I will be the first to mod my Wii U when it is available. There is no doubt in my mind that the Game pad will be used in better, more creative ways outside of gaming by the hacking community than Nintendo or any third party.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: August 28, 2012, 12:42:33 PM »
You're probably right. You could make the WiiU a killer media center with touchscreen remote with a Linux port.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: August 28, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
But if you hack it you might lose the ability to play authorized games. But a way around that is just buy two Wii Us and have one hacked, but save the other one for legal purposes.
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: August 28, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
Yeah, but I probably won't buy a legit one unless there is a sufficient reason to do so. For example, an awesome bundle or amazing color. (I'm hoping for red or gun metal)
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: August 28, 2012, 01:35:32 PM »
But if you hack it you might lose the ability to play authorized games. But a way around that is just buy two Wii Us and have one hacked, but save the other one for legal purposes.

How could we lose that ability?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: August 28, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »

How could we lose that ability?
Possibly Nintendo deauthorizing the system so nothing could be done online with it I guess.  You'd still be able to play single player games though that way.  So really, I have no idea what Chozo means here.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: August 28, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »
I mainly mean when it comes to taking the console online and being able to access DLC, online play, and stuff like that. Microsoft and Sony are apparently able to detect if consoles have been modded/hacked and they will lock you out of being able to take it online if they catch you. I'm just saying Nintendo could do something like that. Maybe they don't do that with the Wii, but the Wii isn't really as online capable as the Wii U is going to be.
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: August 28, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
Actually, my buddy Wii was mac address banned when he used hacks online on The Conduit. Since his Wii's mac address was banned, he couldn't access online features of any Wii game.

Of course, I was able to get around that, but still. Nintendo managed to do it.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: August 28, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »
Well, there you go. If they're already doing it with the Wii there's every reason to believe they will do their best to lock out hackers/modders of the Wii U as well.
is your sanity...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: August 28, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »
But a way around that is just buy two Wii Us and have one hacked, but save the other one for legal purposes.

Yeah, If I ever do some hacking, I'm going to buy a second piece of Hardware just for those purposes.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: August 28, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »
Well, there you go. If they're already doing it with the Wii there's every reason to believe they will do their best to lock out hackers/modders of the Wii U as well.

Did you miss the part where I was able to get around it? Nintendo pretty much punished people who hacked but the only way to get the hacks happens to be the way to unban yourself.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: August 28, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »
But a way around that is just buy two Wii Us and have one hacked, but save the other one for legal purposes.

Yeah, If I ever do some hacking, I'm going to buy a second piece of Hardware just for those purposes.
I almost did that my my first PS3.  It got the YLOD (my fault as I had an extremely hot running piece of electronics right below it on the entertainment tower that was always on) and I bought a new PS3 Slim to replace it.  I decided to fix the old one though and thought I might just mod it to do some homebrew on it.  I ended up never doing that and it pretty much sat in a box for the longest time.  I eventually made it my system at my parents and then made it the system for my second tv. 

I'll probably mod my Wii after getting a Wii U though.  I have a friend who knows how to do it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: August 28, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »
Those dirty Conduit cheaters!

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: August 28, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »
So those of you who want to hack your game systems, are you planning on downloading ROMs and pirated games?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: August 28, 2012, 11:06:50 PM »
So those of you who want to hack your game systems, are you planning on downloading ROMs and pirated games?
An emphatic NO!!
Oui, Mon Gars!