Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592782 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #3775 on: August 08, 2012, 07:58:34 PM »
Is there such a thing as a Goosebumps video game?
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3776 on: August 08, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: August 08, 2012, 10:37:28 PM »
Black is neutral.  Don't know why Nintendo struggles so hard with this stuff.  People are superficial morons.  The purple Cube colour was a DUMB choice because it's not a neutral colour.  It could be interpreted as a kiddy colour, a girly colour, or even a gay colour.  Seems immature and trivial for someone to reject a videogame system on something so stupid, right?  I agree but that doesn't mean it isn't reality.  Should it really matter to Nintendo what colour the system is?  If one colour will lose sales from dumb idiots and one will not GO WITH THE ONE THAT WON'T.  It's not hard.  This isn't like some bullying situation where giving in will compromise your identity, this is just sales and business.  You want lots of people to buy your videogame system.  And of course less neutral colours can be an option for the consumer but the "main" colour in all the marketing should be neutral.

White is a neutral colour but I think Nintendo has poisoned it with the Wii.  White=Wii=casual.  Simple as that no matter how dumb and superficial it is.  No one will NOT buy the system because it is black but that might happen if white is the main colour (or purple, obviously).  So go with black.  Teens and kids think black is cool and adults buy tons of black electronics.  It is the safest colour.
Your argument makes me so sad... I'd rather have something that sticks out on my shelf and says "I'm a game" than more black. Makes library organization much easier.

Maybe Nintendo is going for something recognizable and unique, eh? I mean, I like the blue much more than the white, and I doubt people are going to look at it and say "blue? Casual." But that's just me.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: August 09, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
Why do I see so many people ask for Blu-ray sized cases? Please explain, I don't have blu-ray and don't really see why the slight case size difference might be a significant factor for some people?
Because they are smaller and so I can alter my shelves to be able to have one more row on them if everything is that size.  I can hole 1/6 more of these sized cases over standard dvd cases.

And yes, they'll look nice next to my bluray and PS3 game cases.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: August 09, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »
I'm still waiting for them to release an orange version like they did for the cube in Japan.

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: August 09, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »
Nintendo via RichIGN's Twitter:

"When we announce the launch date, price and specific components to be included in the package, we will also discuss the color variations."

Although black and white seem like a lock at this point.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: August 09, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »
Perm Has some Goosebumps books on his gaming shelf...

Well, im dedicating one of my shelves to the horror/scifi genre. No games on that shelf though. I could though.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: August 10, 2012, 01:37:25 AM »
I really hope black is one of the colors on day one. I have no problem settling for white but would greatly prefer the black  given the choice.

Has anyone else decide on what they're picking up on launch if they'are able to?

For me the following.

Black Wii U if it's available. Going try to get my preorder in at a local store asap once they start taking them.

I have three games already preordered at NewEgg though. They had a $10 off coupon last week. Took advantage of it to order Zombi U, Assassin's Creed 3, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Chances are I might cancel one of those (Black Ops 2) orders (code only worked per item so you had to make multiple orders) as you aren't charged until the ship the item. Free UPS shipping means waiting a day.

I'm starting to cave on Nintendo Land though. If I learn a bit more about it I might try to pick that up with the Wii U to play (as long as if it isn't $60 or $50 if they decide to sell it separately) while I wait for the others to arrive in the mail. That seems like enough to keep me busy until the the new year.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: August 10, 2012, 03:15:29 AM »
I think I'll be going with Ass Creed 3, Darksiders 2, and ZombiU.  There are still many more I would like to get like Madden 13, NBA 2k13, and Nintendoland just to name a few but I'm sure money will be butt tight.  This is going to be one hell of a launch though.  I haven't even taken into consideration the digital releases and anything else that hasn't been announced.  Couple that with the sexy looking 3dsXL that I might want to upgrade too and its starting to look like my dance card is booked for the rest of the year. 

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: August 10, 2012, 03:56:39 AM »
I'm looking at a text file on my laptop right now that has the list of games I want to buy. I can't for the life of me pare it down to less than 14 right now, including digital download titles... ARGH!!!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: August 10, 2012, 04:19:52 AM »
I really hope black is one of the colors on day one. I have no problem settling for white but would greatly prefer the black  given the choice.

I'd choose black if I get the choice for the benefit of a black tablet controller. I find with hand helds that my eyes get on better with the contrast between a black border and a colour screen. The day my white DS lite broke under warranty and the shop let me replace it with a black one was a great day indeed.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: August 10, 2012, 08:28:01 AM »
Hopefully there is a matte black one.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline superfoor

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: August 10, 2012, 09:01:22 AM »
Yeah at least a matte black controller

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: August 14, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: August 14, 2012, 12:24:46 PM »
Capcom announcing something Wii U soon.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-wii-u-announcement-very-soon/0101226

Resident Evil 6, DmC, and Lost Planet 3 will be announced for the Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: August 14, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
At one point in time I would say "Kytim, you have super unrealistic fantasies." But after the 2011 E3 3rd party sizzle reel I wouldn't doubt all those games now.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: August 14, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »
I'm still hoping for an HD collection of RE with 0, REmake, 4 & CVX all HD upgraded and then VC copies of 2 & 3.  Then also release RE5 Gold and then top it off with RE6.  Maybe a Lost Planet 1 & 2 collection as well.  And why not the DMC HD collection of 1-4.

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: August 14, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: August 14, 2012, 02:55:33 PM »
i just saw the trailer for lost planet 3, looks good.

At this point developers have no, no, no excuse to not make games for Wii U. Also, even if its not powerful as powerful as the other future systems it is still going to be powerful enough for plenty of games.

I wonder whats its like to port to Wii U from xbox 360? Its basically a supped up 360.

Resident Evil 4: Wii U Edition.

That sounds too likely....but, that could look amazing.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: August 14, 2012, 10:08:25 PM »

Resident Evil 6, DmC, and Lost Planet 3 will be announced for the Wii U.

You forgot about Capcom's SF vs  Tekken. (The other game on demo at their E3 booth)

Even though I specifically asked for Marvel vs Capcom 3.5 by name repeatedly
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:17:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: August 14, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »
This is wishful thinking but I'd go nuts for a new Breath of Fire on the WiiU.  I'd go even crazier if they make it 2d like the originals.  A hand drawn HD 2d old school isometric or top down JRPG would be heaven for me lol.   

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: August 14, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »
I'm hoping the lack of Monster Hunter news on Capcom's part means new MH for Wii U that was covered by NDAs.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: August 14, 2012, 11:54:54 PM »
I'm hoping the lack of Monster Hunter news on Capcom's part means new MH for Wii U that was covered by NDAs.
That has some real potential there.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: August 15, 2012, 12:26:13 AM »
That has some real potential there.
I just keep hearing Capcom reps go "There's MH news soon, but not yet, I can't tell you :(" and it makes me wonder, especially considering the current times and how every developer is pretty much saying "NDA's brah, can't say anything about Wii U".

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: August 15, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »
This is wishful thinking but I'd go nuts for a new Breath of Fire on the WiiU.  I'd go even crazier if they make it 2d like the originals.  A hand drawn HD 2d old school isometric or top down JRPG would be heaven for me lol.   
BoF would be awesome.  So would all five of the old games being released on the VC or in a collection.  I would definitely pick that up as I never played three or four and only watched others play Dragon Quarter.