Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592817 times)

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
Re: Wii U
« Reply #3575 on: July 20, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »
It's true, the Will is as stunner.  But this new system looks nicer than the Wii, that's for sure.  The Will, I suppose, is in a league of its own.

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #3576 on: July 20, 2012, 09:54:16 PM »
Oh yeah, I also wanted to say how amazing Project P-100 looks in person.  Screenshots and videos online don't do this thing justice- it's a stunner.  It's like a team of superhero Pikmin making their way around a city that is falling apart at the seams- Planes falling from the sky and destroying the ground in front of you, building falling over.  The whole thing really screams "powerful system."

Also, DK Crash Course has these charming crayon drawing details that I don't think come through in screenshots.  Crayon drawn Pauline, etc in the background.  Really cute touch.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: July 20, 2012, 10:21:53 PM »
But this new system looks nicer than the Wii

They look exactly the same.
is your sanity...

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #3578 on: July 20, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »
But this new system looks nicer than the Wii

They look exactly the same.

No, they don't.  In person, the WiiU looks significantly different in my opinion.  Thanks for the snarky answer though.  Maybe, after 10 years, I'm done with these forums. 

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: July 21, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »

No, they don't.  In person, the WiiU looks significantly different in my opinion.  Thanks for the snarky answer though.  Maybe, after 10 years, I'm done with these forums.

From a quick glance, the Wii U and Wii do look very similar. Put the two consoles side by side. The Wii U is slightly rounder, and some of the buttons are rearranged. But the overall size and shape of the two consoles is (are?) very similar. Compare that to the PS3 and Xbox 360, which look significantly different than their older consoles.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:20:01 AM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #3580 on: July 21, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »
I'm saying, in person, they look different.  Maybe in photos they look similar, but it's clearly a different beast in person.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: July 21, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »
Oh yeah, I also wanted to say how amazing Project P-100 looks in person.  Screenshots and videos online don't do this thing justice- it's a stunner.  It's like a team of superhero Pikmin making their way around a city that is falling apart at the seams- Planes falling from the sky and destroying the ground in front of you, building falling over.  The whole thing really screams "powerful system."

Awesome. I honestly think it looks great from videos, but I'm glad it looks even better in person. This is one of the games I'm most excited about. It looks like constant fun.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: July 22, 2012, 11:38:40 AM »
Don't leave Tanooki! Chozo is just...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3583 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »
What is a ho?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: July 22, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »
I believe it started as "ebonics" for "whore," but then it just caught on as it's own word.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: July 22, 2012, 07:42:49 PM »
What is a ho?
I believe it started as "ebonics" for "whore," but then it just caught on as it's own word.
If Lion-O is to be believed is also means to go forth.
http://youtu.be/Y9nzSnASg-w
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:47:41 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: July 23, 2012, 04:41:25 AM »
Is it just me or is the Wii U really really slow in getting its ass moving? We first heard rumors about it way back in early 2011, and that seems like forever ago. Here we are a year and a half later and we don't even have a release date or price yet.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: July 23, 2012, 04:44:45 AM »
We don't have an exact date or price, but it's coming out before the end of the year (and really, the date is November 18; I would be absolutely stunned if it were anything else). From early rumblings to release in under two years seems like a pretty normal turnaround. If anything, that's probably a bit shorter than usual.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: July 23, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »
Mid to late November seems sound.

I do wish Nintendo would be more proactive about at least marketing and showing off the system more to the enthusiast community. I'm expecting were going to get a lot of info around TGS and the ad campagin to start around October which could be a good or bad thing.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: July 23, 2012, 10:16:17 AM »
Is it just me or is the Wii U really really slow in getting its ass moving? We first heard rumors about it way back in early 2011, and that seems like forever ago. Here we are a year and a half later and we don't even have a release date or price yet.

It's slow compared with the 3DS rumors/announcement and release (what was that, 9 months?). But compared to N64 and Gamecube lead in the Wii U wait time is nothing.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: July 23, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »
Once again, we won't see anything new about the Wii U until Nintendo's fall conference in mid September or early October.  This is how Nintendo has been for the last 6 years now so everyone should know how Nintendo releases info by now.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: July 23, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
for at least 6 years? Thats just one console cycle, if you were to look at them on multiple console cycles, they are inconsistent.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: July 23, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
I agree.  We don't know what Nintendo will do from cycle to cycle as each one seems to bring a different marketing idea. 

BTW, +1 for the Batmanuel avatar.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: July 23, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »
Doesn't seem too hard to understand.  Nintendo has been doing things the way they currently do ever since they started doing things that way!  Why would you expect anything else?  ;)

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: July 23, 2012, 03:42:05 PM »
I'm finding it unnerving how quiet they're being. The Caesar of the games industry gave them a pronounced thumbs down coming out of E3, and they've so far done little to dig themselves out of that hole. They should at least be trying to gin up interest via some viral marketing campaigns. Game sites have nothing to do right now, you'd think they'd eat up promotional efforts. I mean, we don't even have a main page write-up on Nintendo World Report from one of the hands-on events. I guess it might be redundant after E3, but that goes to show that we need some new information. As of now what news there is is just a series of reports about developers and industry hangers-on badmouthing Nintendo, with the occasional counter piece where someone says "the WiiU is pretty good, I guess."

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: July 23, 2012, 03:50:08 PM »
What makes all the silence about the Wii U so frustrating is that the Wii is essentially dead in the water and has been for quite some time now. You would think Nintendo would want to stir up as much buzz and excitement as possible for the Wii U in the months leading up to its release, but instead they are silent. Its not like Nintendo has a console on the market now with any life to it, so it seems like right now Nintendo is just a handheld company and that's it. Nothing else seems to be happening.
is your sanity...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: July 23, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »
My guess is they will wait til September to start the hype train.  It's not like starting it now will bring it out sooner.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: July 23, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »
I think that a barrage of news and advertizing from September to its November release is a good thing- start the hype train then and work it into a frenzy over those two months. The news needs to be fresh in people's minds, and the Wii U experience events have already started and proven to be quite well-received.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: July 23, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »
What difference does it make that we don't know the release date yet? We know we are getting it with in the next 5 months. But even if we knew the exact date, what difference would it make? Would you start saving your money a month from now if it were being released in November? Would you for what ever reason feel all the negative energy you have for the Wii U would be lifted? I can understand worrying about power and games available, but the release date is such a superficial issue regarding the system. If you get it, you get it. But for God's sake Chozo, are you actually buying the blasted thing? As far as I can tell you won't buy it for at least a year after release anyway to check out its support. Why are you complaining about the release date?!

Nintendo has been super quiet about everything since the start of the Wii. We used get game announcements literally years in advance, long before the release. Now it's like 6 months tops and then the game comes out. Well aside from any Smash Bros or Zelda of course. "Nothing else seems to be happening." Please man! I guess everyone in the company is sitting quietly at home until the release date. I used to think that about teachers when I was kid, once I left school I thought they just quietly sat at their desks until I returned the next day. I was 5. Sometimes Chozo you are so mad, you don't know what to be mad about.

Things are going on in the back ground, Nintendo is secretive, they show things and tell things when they feel the time is right.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #3599 on: July 23, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »
I don't see how touring major cities with playable hardware parties is "silence", Chozo.