Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592819 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #3525 on: July 08, 2012, 04:20:14 PM »
I think Nintendoland will be on the system.  No Disc at all.  Though:

Does it have Mini-Game? Yes.
Are they collected together? Yes.
Is there a story mode? No.
Is there a Story? No.

Seems like Wii Play and Wii Sports to me.  More depth in each game is cool.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3526 on: July 08, 2012, 04:46:14 PM »
Is there a story mode? No.
Is there a Story? No.

We don't know this yet.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3527 on: July 09, 2012, 03:20:58 AM »
Well, just because there is no story does not mean it isn't a full fledged game...though we still do not know that there isn't stories.

I am hoping for some interesting single player experiences with the game.  So far Nintendo focused only on the multi-player games, but if Nintendo can take the core gameplay mechanics of each many game and flesh out an interesting single player or co-op experience in some of the lands that will be great.  I also really hope for some more interesting ideas around the Nintendo Land theme Park idea.  I really like this whole concept...and I hope they flesh it out more. 

Perhaps for the sequel.  If I was making it...I would make 3 distinct mini games for each game represented...and create a theme park area that is in the world of that game, you walk to the area, and you can explore it a little and there would be fun little secrets and such about the world for the geeks to experience. 

I know Nintendo isn't going to go that far, but I wish they would.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: July 09, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »
I do consider Wii Play a game and Wii Sports for that matter.  There is enough there to be considered a Game and not just a Tech demo.  So for me the comparison comes down to the true basics. In which they seem the same.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: July 11, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »
This is a long hot dry summer. WHERE'S MY WII U NEWS AND RUMORS, BROSKIS?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: July 11, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
Indeed. It would be nice to fill the silence with something, especially since that's what Nintendo kinda told us what they'd be doing.

When's the next Nintendo Direct?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #3531 on: July 11, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »
In about 6 weeks.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: July 11, 2012, 11:17:56 PM »
Anyone else feel they're likely to wait until sometime in 2013 to get the system?

I'm feeling that way and have been since E3. Not just do to the lack of information but the focus on the local multiplayer. It's nice but in the end it's not something I'll be able to take advantage of. I'm a solitary gamer at home. I require online multiplayer. Local is completely worthless to me. In terms of Wii U games from Nintendo nothing has been offered at the moment that I'd like to really play. I'm tired of 2D Mario. I have no history with Pikmin. It looks nice but it seems to be a Wii up-port and that bothered me on the 3DS when some games were clearly DS up-ports not not true 3DS games. Nintendo Land is a mini-game collection and as I said local multiplayer is worthless. The ports don't interest me either. If I want to play them I'll play them on the other systems cheaper. The only games that caught my interest were ZombiU and Project P-100. One that could go "Red Steel" and the other that might not come until 2013.

Nintendo has to impress me at this point with there online system or other launch/launch window games they choose not to talk about to get me to pick up one at launch. If not I'll be waiting.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:25:12 PM by NeoStar9X »

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: July 12, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »
nintendoculture.com/more-3rd-party-wiiu-games-coming/

Sorry, I'm posting from my phone before I hit the sack so I can't contribute much but this should get you guys talking at least for some more speculation.  It seems like alot was held back from E3 and not just from nintendo.  I know we heard of this before but at least this solidifies it a bit and hopefully brings back some excitement to those still bummed about the lack of info last month. 

On another note, where are blacknmild and ck?  At one point a few months back they were dropping nuggets of rumors daily on us and now they seem MIA.  I needs my fix, I'm jonesing for a hit lol. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:30:05 AM by Mannypon »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: July 12, 2012, 01:25:48 AM »
nintendoculture.com/more-3rd-party-wiiu-games-coming/

Sorry, I'm posting from my phone before I hit the sack so I can't contribute much but this should get you guys talking at least for some more speculation.  It seems like alot was held back from E3 and not just from nintendo.  I know we heard of this before but at least this solidifies it a bit and hopefully brings back some excitement to those still bummed about the lack of info last month. 

On another note, where are blacknmild and ck?  At one point a few months back they were dropping nuggets of rumors daily on us and now they seem MIA.  I needs my fix, I'm jonesing for a hit lol. 

Mannypon you vile fiend. I was about to release this news! That's ok, good looking out. As for other rumors they have literally just dried up now that E3 is over.

As for this piece of news it's nice and hypes me up for more good 3rd party support later.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: July 12, 2012, 01:52:27 AM »
On another note, where are blacknmild and ck?  At one point a few months back they were dropping nuggets of rumors daily on us and now they seem MIA.

I was going to suggest that maybe they had been taken out by Reggie's assassin's, but here they are posting again so who knows? They were MIA for awhile but hopefully things will get back on track now, because this forum really depends on them for rumors.

But now that you mention it, it is kinda odd that they both were MIA at roughly the same time. Sorta makes you wonder if they both aren't really just the same person in disguise. ;) And how is it they have access to all this inside information anyway?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:55:19 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: July 12, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
Iwata says more 3rd party titles being announced this fall. There is a lot here I suggest everyone read the whole thing. But the most important part was the 3rd party stuff. Lots of graphics and ps420 talk as well. The interviewer also asks if Iwata approached Epic about Unreal Engine 4. He dodges the question but trust me they had talks about it, he does say the Wii U will be ale to run high spec games.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/satoru-iwata-on-wii-u-i-think-it-will-become-increasingly-difficult-from-now-on-to-compete-over-graphics-7936301.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:13:42 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #3537 on: July 12, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
I'll be playing the WiiU next Friday in Chicago.  I can't wait.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: July 12, 2012, 12:29:42 PM »
I don't get why more third party games are to be revealed.  Why not show that stuff at E3?  Why let months go by of everyone thinking that the Wii U has **** third party support if that is not the case?  Nintendo can be so frustrating.  What the **** logic is there in "hiding" third party support at E3 when third party support is like the number one thing that makes people iffy about a Nintendo console in the first place?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: July 12, 2012, 12:54:26 PM »
I don't get why more third party games are to be revealed.  Why not show that stuff at E3?  Why let months go by of everyone thinking that the Wii U has **** third party support if that is not the case?  Nintendo can be so frustrating.  What the **** logic is there in "hiding" third party support at E3 when third party support is like the number one thing that makes people iffy about a Nintendo console in the first place?

What you call crap support I call good support. Not that it cant be better. I figure they wanted those titles at E3 to get the spot light. If there are bigger titles to be announced probably better that they get their own time to shine. Also personally I figure if we are going to get the game regardless what's the difference in being announced last month or in 2 months? If we get it we get it and the end result is the same. I get the consumer awareness part about announcing things sooner tough, just for me it changes nothing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:56:43 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: July 12, 2012, 01:20:38 PM »

What you call crap support I call good support. Not that it cant be better. I figure they wanted those titles at E3 to get the spot light. If there are bigger titles to be announced probably better that they get their own time to shine. Also personally I figure if we are going to get the game regardless what's the difference in being announced last month or in 2 months? If we get it we get it and the end result is the same. I get the consumer awareness part about announcing things sooner tough, just for me it changes nothing.
I dunno. I honestly don't believe that any of the titles they showed at E3 came close to being "pants crappingly good". Zombi U has the potential to go Red Steel on our asses, and that makes me wary. Rayman Legends was nice, but kind of more of the same. And of course, none of the Nintendo titles put me into a ravenous frenzy, though I must say I like Pikmin 3, but it's not rocking my world.

What upsets me is that, if there were 3rd party games announced that looked awesome or had great potential, why not show them off? What is the gauge for showing things off? Or, again, were these not launch titles? If so, I can understand. But it still doesn't make it any better.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
UE4 news
« Reply #3541 on: July 12, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
The thing about Red Steel was that it was broken from the start and everyone was aware. Still some of those people just had to buy it. I didn't touch the franchise until part 2. At least going in with ZombiU I know I will at least be able to control it accurately.

edit
Here is some UE4 news. This proves me right, if a customer wants to make an UE4 game on wii u they can, Epic themselves are not working on anything. http://www.videogamer.com/news/unreal_engine_4_games_could_be_ported_to_wii_u_epic.html

Keep in mind he says "I don't think..." Either he is not in the loop entirely or he is playing it safe when it does get the official announcement.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:52:20 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: July 12, 2012, 01:45:49 PM »
I saw this news earlier and was wondering what you'd have to say about it Cater. Haha I'll take that as a confirmation, for your sake.

Does anyone remember that "leaked eShop list" from a while back? I have a strange feeling that at least some of those games could be the ones we didn't see at E3.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: July 12, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
+1

It might also have something to do with timing. E3 was Q2. These announcements are going to affect stocks and whatnot. They might be hoping to ride the momentum of a solid price announcement and 3rd party reveals over the last few months of 2012 instead of stretching it out over half the year had they unveiled everything at E3. Just a theory.

It's not a bad strategy to hold some stuff back. It keeps the competition on their toes (may even encourage Sony/MS to underestimate them or become careless). The thing isn't even out yet. I get that people like to know things but without the ability to even buy it for some time, it's not especially important to know everything. Obviously, I'm eager to know, but it changes nothing since I can't buy it for what, like 4 months. It makes no real difference to me right now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: July 12, 2012, 02:00:05 PM »
he does say the Wii U will be ale to run high spec games.

High spec by 7th generation standards, or High spec by 8th generation standards? This is still the elusive question, and it amazes me how we still can't get a straight answer even after all these months.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: July 12, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
Iwata says more 3rd party titles being announced this fall. There is a lot here I suggest everyone read the whole thing. But the most important part was the 3rd party stuff. Lots of graphics and ps420 talk as well. The interviewer also asks if Iwata approached Epic about Unreal Engine 4. He dodges the question but trust me they had talks about it, he does say the Wii U will be ale to run high spec games.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/satoru-iwata-on-wii-u-i-think-it-will-become-increasingly-difficult-from-now-on-to-compete-over-graphics-7936301.html
That article Screams "In Need of Editor."  Anyway, still not a bad read.  It was interesting that on the XL it become a size of the total system or size of the battery when it came to putting the other analog in.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: July 12, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »

High spec by 7th generation standards, or High spec by 8th generation standards? This is still the elusive question, and it amazes me how we still can't get a straight answer even after all these months.

Did you read my last comment about UE4? It basically answers the 8th generation engine question. Yes, yes it can.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:12:38 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: July 12, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »

It could be 7th generation standards and Nintendo is trying to keep that quiet.  But the whole way Nintendo did E3 it's incredibly likely that Nintendo is just being weird.  If any company could settle all debate with one simple statement and would choose not to do it for no good reason, it would be Nintendo.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: July 12, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »
Maybe they figure the uncertainty is a good thing because it means people are talking about their product.  Once the truth is revealed whether its good or bad all the debate ceases because then everyone knows exactly how it is.

It could be more to keep the competition on guard, though. Although, I would think Microsoft and Sony would be able to get this information via espionage. Developers have the kits and would know the specs, and NDA or not, MS/Sony could arrange some back alley bribe to get this information. They probably already have it. Its just us the consumers who are still completely clueless.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: July 12, 2012, 10:32:28 PM »
Could Nintendo offer deals on Wii Virtual Console games the same way they are currently doing for those on the 3DS? Then again, they could reduce the price of the points cards by five dollars to spur sales.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.