Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592779 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #3500 on: June 15, 2012, 03:29:39 PM »
Just makes me sad there wont be an HD monster Hunter :(.

But I understand why they don't want to do it. They seem to be about building up partnerships more often. That and Im sure they understand they can't out bid Microsoft at least.
They don't want to do HD Monster Hunter? I needs a quote...
I believe they are actually working on an HD upgrade of Monster Hunter Tri.  Maybe he thinks that because they are only doing an HD upgrade, they aren't planning to do a proper PS3/Wii U Monster Hunter.
Really? Huh. That's disappointing. But we do have 4 on the way.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: June 15, 2012, 03:38:18 PM »
Honestly Capcom does not seem super keen on making non-portable Monster Hunters to begin with.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: June 15, 2012, 07:09:06 PM »
Honestly Capcom does not seem super keen on making non-portable Monster Hunters to begin with.
Tri on the Wii actually did pretty good.  It didn't sell like any of the portable versions, but it sold over 1 million copies in Japan alone.  That should count for something.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: June 15, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »
I think the Monster Hunter franchise just ALWAYS sold best on portables anyways versus their console versions.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: June 15, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter are both series that shoot for the most popular game system in Japan.

With Dragon Quest, it jumped to the PlayStation and PS2 because those systems sold way more in Japan than Nintendo's own systems, but then when the market started shifting heavily to handhelds the series moved to the DS, the most popular handheld of all time. The next game is on the Wii because it is the current most popular home system in Japan, plus I think the Nintendo audience is more receptive to the style of Dragon Quest than other systems.

Monster Hunter started on the PS2, and Monster Hunter Tri actually began as a PS3 game. But that was back when everyone thought the PS3 would reign supreme, once the Wii became a continued success the game moved to it. As for the PSP versions, I think the main reason it came to the PSP is because the DS isn't quite powerful enough to handle that kind of game. Hence, now that the 3DS came out and can muster the power needed, Monster Hunter has moved to the 3DS... with possible coaxing using the slide pad attachment. That's the closest thing Nintendo's done to a "moneyhat," though they didn't pay CapCom anything, they just made them a peripheral. Similarly, Nintendo made the Classic Controller Pro for Monster Hunter Tri.

So Nintendo aren't paying to secure these series, they just have the current most popular systems in Japan, and in MH's case are willing to provide accessories.

Also, there are a couple of HD Monster Hunter games in existence, they just weren't released outside Japan. The PS3 has an HD version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (a sort of remake of MHTri), and the XBox 360 has Monster Hunter Frontier Online (a port of the PC game).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:55:37 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: June 15, 2012, 11:51:24 PM »
Questions about the Wii U:

• What will the wii U game cases look like? Will they be similar to those of the current Wii?
  • Will third party games released in 2013 be available for the Wii U?
  • Will games released in 2012 before the launch of the Wii U (Max Payne 3, Spec Ops, Chainsaw Lollipop) be available for the Wii U?
  • Will the Wii U launch in both black and white?

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3506 on: June 16, 2012, 12:00:37 AM »

• Will games released in 2012 before the launch of the Wii U (Max Payne 3, Spec Ops, Chainsaw Lollipop) be available for the Wii U?

Assassin's Creed III, Darksiders II, FIFA Soccer 13, Madden NFL 13, NBA 2K13, Mass Effect 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Skylanders: Giants are all confirmed Wii U games that will be out (or are already out) in 2012 on other systems before Wii U launches.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: June 16, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »

Assassin's Creed III, Darksiders II, FIFA Soccer 13, Madden NFL 13, NBA 2K13, Mass Effect 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Skylanders: Giants are all confirmed Wii U games that will be out (or are already out) in 2012 on other systems before Wii U launches.

What about these games?

• Max Payne 3
  • Chainsaw Lollipop
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Hitman: Absolution

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3508 on: June 16, 2012, 12:16:46 AM »
Max Payne 3 is not doing that hot, Lollipop Chainsaw might be niche like most Grasshopper Manufacture releases and I honestly don't expect it to be a big seller. The other 2 I could see happening, but none of those 4 have been announced for Wii U as of right now.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: June 16, 2012, 12:59:06 AM »
Max Payne 3 is not doing that hot, Lollipop Chainsaw might be niche like most Grasshopper Manufacture releases and I honestly don't expect it to be a big seller. The other 2 I could see happening, but none of those 4 have been announced for Wii U as of right now.

They could always port those games over to the eShop, or if Steam will be available for the system.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: July 05, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »
Nintendo Customer Service guy announces a universal account system between 3DS and Wii U.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180736

Also there will be head set support day one for Wii U from Lygo International.
https://twitter.com/Lygoworld/status/220894502959853568
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: July 05, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
Nintendo Customer Service guy announces a universal account system between 3DS and Wii U.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180736

Good news. I want my digital purchases to be tied to an account that I can use on any system I own without some major hassle.

The only downside though, is what happens if your account ends up getting hacked and/or banned for some reason? Will you lose all your purchases? That would suck.
is your sanity...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: July 05, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »

It would be nice if we could use the DS headset.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: July 05, 2012, 11:46:54 PM »

What about the NES headset?  :P:

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
is your sanity...

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: July 06, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »

What about the NES headset?  :P:

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Ok that was funny.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: July 06, 2012, 01:20:50 AM »
I will make sure to remember to do that (FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!) if I ever get the chance of playing online with Chozo.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: July 06, 2012, 04:10:30 PM »

Oh yeah, I got those at some point. I have two of them.  It'd be nice if those work.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: July 06, 2012, 04:29:56 PM »

Oh yeah, I got those at some point. I have two of them.  It'd be nice if those work.
I owned one of those as well.  Plus the joystick that you held in the air and moved as the d-pad.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
Miyamoto wants Star Fox on Wii U
« Reply #3518 on: July 06, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »
Miyamoto say's the Wii U game pad opens a lot of possibilities for future Metroid titles.

He personally wants to see Star Fox on the Wii U more than any other of Nintendo's franchises. I like the sound of that.

Though neither of these statements mean Nintendo is working on either of them at all.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/06/miyamoto-discusses-metroid-on-wii-u?

RomanceDawn

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: July 07, 2012, 09:22:09 AM »

They could always port those games over to the eShop, or if Steam will be available for the system.

Even if they got steam on the system the game wouldn't be on wii U. There would still need to be a wii U version ported.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
Nintendo Land a "full game" unlike Wii Sports
« Reply #3520 on: July 07, 2012, 07:59:16 PM »
Matt Ryan from Nintendo of Canada say's unlike Wii Sports and Play, Nintendo Land will be a full game. No pack in confirmed?

http://mariohat.bumpheli.com/2012/07/interview-with-nintendo-of-canadas-matt-ryan-e3-2012/

Our presence at E3 was very much about Nintendo Land,” he continued. “Even our whole booth looked like Nintendo Land, because it’s super-fun and what it’s able to show. Sometimes we say what Wii Sports was to Wii, Nintendo Land is to Wii U, except the major difference is– and this is something that we really want to get across– is that it’s not just mini-games, but there’s actually different levels, different things available in each of the attractions… a lot more than what was available in Wii Sports. We want people to know that this is a full game.

RomanceDawn

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »
I take that quote to mean there is more substance to it than Wii Sports (which is a good thing). That doesn't mean it won't be a pack in. I don't know where you're getting that.
is your sanity...

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: July 07, 2012, 09:22:20 PM »
That's just my own assumption, nothing about what he said, as in maybe if they think it has enough content to warrant a purchase they just wont include it at all with the system.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: July 07, 2012, 09:25:03 PM »
Maybe it does, but I think Nintendo will also be balancing it against how much they want to

1. Make it so anyone who picks up a Wii U can demonstrate the asymmetrical gameplay out-of-the-box to other people.
2. Incentivize people to just buy the thing, period.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: July 07, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »
That's just my own assumption, nothing about what he said, as in maybe if they think it has enough content to warrant a purchase they just wont include it at all with the system.

They have to include something with the system. Considering how much Wii Sports did for the Wii's success there's no way they wouldn't try to repeat that strategy, so if Nintendoland isn't a pack in then that means there would have to be something else (Wii Sports 2?) but since we haven't heard of anything else that could fit the bill then I think Nintendoland almost certainly is it.

And this part of the quote:

Sometimes we say what Wii Sports was to Wii, Nintendo Land is to Wii U

Makes me even more confident that this is the case.

The difference is Nintendoland has more substance and depth to it, but it still makes sense to be the game that demonstrates the Wii U's capability and helps sell the concept of the tablet controller just as Wii Sports did to the Wii.
is your sanity...