Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592724 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Re: Wii U
« Reply #3100 on: May 19, 2012, 01:06:49 AM »
I think I like this a little bit more

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: May 19, 2012, 01:24:34 AM »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: May 19, 2012, 08:42:05 AM »
Those Beautiful Pietriots, they truly are the Scones of Liberty

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 19, 2012, 09:10:21 AM »
"Dead Island" & "Call of Juarez" Dev making something for Wii U
http://araw.pl/artykuly_zalaczniki/ARAW%20CEBIT%202012.pdf

I've been wanting to play Dead Island, so I hope it's related to that.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: May 19, 2012, 09:26:52 AM »
Dead Island was pretty weak. Yes, I played it. I won't say no to any additional support for Wii U though. A good place for Techland to start would be to come up with a game/idea that invests people in a similar way as that the famous Dead Island trailer did which is pretty much the best thing about Dead Island. Unfortunately for Techland, Naughty Dog's The Last of Us seems to have a head start in that department.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: May 19, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
Here is a list of games that I would like to appear on the Wii U:

• Dino Crisis 4
  • Okami 2
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Madworld 2
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Xenogears 2 (developed by Monolith Soft)
  • Zone of the Enders 3
  • Red Steel 3
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Dead Space 3
I hope that Team Ninja repairs some of the more mediocre aspects of Nnija Gaiden 3 when they release it again for the Wii U. Bring back all of the bossess from the previous two games as part of a DLC pack. Allow the player to fight them using the Ninja Gaiden 3 gameplay engine, but retain the hero mode that Team Ninja introduced with the new game. This would be a good enough encentive to purcase an otherwise borderline-shovelware game.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #3106 on: May 19, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »

• Dino Crisis 4
  • Okami 2
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Madworld 2
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Zone of the Enders 3
  • Red Steel 3
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Dead Space 3
I hope that Team Ninja repairs some of the more mediocre aspects of Nnija Gaiden 3 when they release it again for the Wii U. Bring back all of the bossess from the previous two games as part of a DLC pack. Allow the player to fight them using the Ninja Gaiden 3 gameplay engine, but retain the hero mode that Team Ninja introduced with the new game. This would be a good enough encentive to purcase an otherwise borderline-shovelware game.

Sequel much?

While its nice to see established brands on the Wii U to legitimize the system, I'd rather see aggressive new IPs from studios known for producing content like what you posted. While I love me some Resident Evil, can we have a dinosaur suspense game without calling it Dino Crisis? I don't know if the name carries much weight, other than the baggage of the original games.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: May 19, 2012, 03:13:54 PM »
I haven't played Draw Something, but from what I understand of it... wouldn't that be an awesome game for the Wii U?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: May 19, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

It looks like Foxconn is expected to see some growth in the 2Q thanks to products like Wii U
https://www.research.hsbc.com/midas/Res/RDV?p=pdf&key=4kuSY2d6um&n=325456.PDF

. We maintain our Overweight (V) rating. Near-term catalysts include MacBook
update and Wii U announcement in 2Q, as well as iPhone 5 launch in 2H

one of the early rumors was that Foxxconn was manufacturing Wii U. Seems that alot of the earliest rumors have been proven true so far. especially those from 01.net

Ugh. More outsourcing to China.

You'd think that Nintendo, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, etc. would be rich large enough to build their own factories and hire their own workers... The auto industry does it, why can't electronics companies?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: May 19, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Ugh. More outsourcing to China.

What do you mean by "more"? There's just no change. When has a console ever been manufactured in North America? In order for the jobs to have been outsourced to China they would have first had to have been here in the first place, and that is not the case, nor has it ever been the case. So its not outsourcing, its just the continuation of the way things have always been with electronics and such.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: May 19, 2012, 04:02:48 PM »

• Dino Crisis 4
  • Okami 2
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Madworld 2
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Zone of the Enders 3
  • Red Steel 3
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Dead Space 3

Sequel much?

While its nice to see established brands on the Wii U to legitimize the system, I'd rather see aggressive new IPs from studios known for producing content like what you posted. While I love me some Resident Evil, can we have a dinosaur suspense game without calling it Dino Crisis? I don't know if the name carries much weight, other than the baggage of the original games.

I want new IPs as anyone else, but those that I listed are the continuation series that I want to play on Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Wii U controller updated!
« Reply #3111 on: May 19, 2012, 04:25:37 PM »

The controller has sticks!!!!!!!!
https://twitter.com/#!/MATTYB00SH/status/203939010610085888

-The buttons, D pad and Controller sticks are not aligned any more.

-Start and select seem to have been moved.

-Is it rounder too?

-Also notice the logo? Yup Wii U!

-A mystery square underneath the D Pad? Is it something touch sensitive? Or maybe that is the built in heart monitor? What was that thing called?

-Or that could be where we put our toys and pay for thins through the controller.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:28:18 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: May 19, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
I wish there was more color on the controller. I hate how everything is solid white and sterile and lifeless like surgical gloves. We need some green, red, blue, yellow color coded buttons like there is on the Super Famicom controller.

When you are playing a game which prompts you to do some quicktime button pressing sequence, isn't it easier if you know to press the red one versus say Y and then trying to figure out which one Y is? Being color coded makes it easier and it looks better in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:05:02 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: May 19, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »
I wish there was more color on the controller. I hate how everything is solid white and sterile and lifeless like surgical gloves. We need some green, red, blue, yellow color coded buttons like there is on the Super Famicom controller.

When you are playing a game which prompts you to do some quicktime button pressing sequence, isn't it easier if you know to press the red one versus say Y and then trying to figure out which one Y is? Being color coded makes it easier and it looks better in my opinion.

Do you have nothing to say about the button placement? Or the actual control sticks? Were you not whining about that very thing when this was first revealed?

I think solid colors are best. The X-Box controller can pull it off, but the moment Nintendo does it, you, yes you Chozo Ghost, will be complaining it looks too "kiddy" like the gamecube controller.

So better to have something that looks like a "cool and hip" device then another "toy" right?

Oh the home button seems to light up on the outer circle, there's your color.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:13:50 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: May 19, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
It looks wider. On the the older design the control sticks were in-line with the d-pad/buttons but on this one they're further out?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:14:09 PM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: May 19, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
Do you have nothing to say about the button placement?
I do! They moved Start and Select. Hooray!

What's to the left of the power button?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: May 19, 2012, 05:15:51 PM »
Do you have nothing to say about the button placement?
I do! They moved Start and Select. Hooray!

What's to the left of the power button?

Though probably unnecessary could it be a release button for the rechargeable docking station? Or something that changes channels like the wavebird when multiple tablets or in use?

RomanceDawn

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #3117 on: May 19, 2012, 05:17:11 PM »
BOOM.

Way to go, Cater.

Also, I really really hope the left and right sides have ergonomically curved "handles" or edges - so it feels like you're holding a standardized controller. That actually was my only beef with the thing when it was introduced last year. Hopefully Nintendo has listened -- and judging by this photo... it has. :)
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: May 19, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »

Do you have nothing to say about the button placement? Or the actual control sticks? Were you not whining about that very thing when this was first revealed?

I think solid colors are best. The X-Box controller can pull it off, but the moment Nintendo does it, you, yes you Chozo Ghost, will be complaining it looks too "kiddy" like the gamecube controller.

So better to have something that looks like a "cool and hip" device then another "toy" right?

Oh the home button seems to light up on the outer circle, there's your color.

I'm not in any mood to deal with this crap right now, but let me just say you are wrong. I would not complain if they did this which I just fucking said they should. Why the **** would I say they should do it if I would complain if they did?
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: May 19, 2012, 05:27:12 PM »
Though probably unnecessary could it be a release button for the rechargeable docking station? Or something that changes channels like the wavebird when multiple tablets or in use?
I was thinking maybe it was the sync button but wouldn't it just say "sync"? Maybe you can press it to quickly switch from tv to tablet controller and vice versa instead of going through the game's options.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #3120 on: May 19, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
It looks terrible. The whole design is just so asymmetrical and cluttered.

The Start and Select buttons should be moved below the D-pad in a horizontal line.

Like this:

Analog stick

D-Pad

[Start] [Select]

Also, this guy is endangering his reputation, because once Nintendo finds out about this, they'll send their ninjas to take him out. Why can't developers follow these strict NDA policies? They're in place for a reason.

EDIT: Why is it that whenever I double space (press Enter twice), when the comment is posted there is a big gap between the sentences?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:33:54 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: May 19, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »
I like Start/Select under the face buttons. It's like the DS Lite/i.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #3122 on: May 19, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »
Taking another glance at that "Home" button...

Methinks that since Nintendo has "raised" it up a hair, and it looks to have that translucent plastic around the edges, I bet that the left half of that Home button glows blue to signify "Controller 1" and the right half will glow blue to signify "Controller 2."
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: May 19, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »
I just noticed that the Start and Select buttons are also + and - buttons.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: May 19, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »
The page doesn't exist anymore! The Nintendo Ninja's got him! The Nintenjas...

@ Chozo Ghost - I probably should not have said you would complain about the exact opposite thing that you want, but this is the way I see it:

1st - You'll ask for colored buttons, or color anywhere for that matter.

2nd - Nintendo adds colors to the buttons. You'll be happy for 2 seconds until the rest of the non-Nintendo gaming world criticizes the colors for being to childish like they did the different colors on the Gamecube controller. 

3rd - After noticing the general hard core gamer does not accept it, you will follow suit and say it was bad idea and it caters to casuals.

Still I jumped on you so quickly because there is at least one major positive thing shown here and you had nothing to say. I'm always interested in hearing what the super naysayers around here have to say. I certainly like reading the pessimistic comments from the usual suspects here, mainly cause it brings a lot of discussion to these otherwise very silent forums. Even if the comments are somewhat irritating to me personally.

But now something genuinely good is leaked and the first and only thing you get on is the colorless controller. I hope Ian and Broodwars say something to the same extent. It will just prove to me they care not to be happy and in some twisted way enjoy being mad at something. Like Squidward or Oscar the Grouch.

Don't get me wrong I like and respect you, Ian and Broodwars very much, and have for years now. To me it's like a game to see if you and those 2 think Nintendo did something right.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 06:09:05 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn