Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592812 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Wii U
« Reply #3075 on: May 17, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »
And it's rated M, gotta keep an eye out for this one.

In Australia's ratings system, "M" is basically the equivalent of the ESRB's "T" ratings. Their version of our "M" rating would be "MA15+".
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Unreal Engine 4 images
« Reply #3076 on: May 17, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »
I see, but a T is still cool.

First images of the Unreal Engine 4, that is unannounced for Wii U, but if it's going to be shown off at E3 you can bet it will be confirmed then and there. No other consoles are going to be announced right? Can't imagine Epic showing this with no consoles ready for it for at least another year or 2. Though I suppose PC developers would be using it first, but this article puts so much emphasis on home consoles. The article sure goes over my head in spec talk, but this is what I thought games today already looked like. Though I do understand there are things going on that can't be done today but right now I would barely notice in these screens. Wii U can pull it off.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/05/ff_unreal4/?pid=2555

Wii U will support UE4! And not the presumed RU4REAL Engine!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:32:13 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: May 17, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »
That Article doesn't even mention Nintendo has a console maker at all.  It always say Sony and Microsoft.  Another thing is there talking 2 generations down the road at one point.  It be great if the Wii U ran UE4 but I don't event think the PS4/NexBox and none Super Performance Computers will either.

In a way I think Unreal is sort of missing todays Market.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: May 17, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »
Yeah, the general non-specialized game reporting trend of completely ignoring Nintendo continues.

Interesting article, though. My takeaways:

-The PS4 and NeXbox are not, as of now, going to be graphical titans, based on Epic's anxiety about the next gen not pushing the envelope far enough. This would seemingly assuage worries about the WiiU becoming obsolete quickly, and makes it more likely that it will occupy a PS2-type technical space in comparison to its competitors.

-The real leap with UE4 is the real-time game editing feature.

-Most of the article praised the new level of realism of lighting effects, dust, ember, etc. Which leads me to believe that UE4 will continue the UE tradition of producing highly textured non-interactive hallways to walk down.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: May 17, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »
Would Diablo 3 work on the Wii U?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3080 on: May 17, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »
It'd be a weiERROR 37
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: May 17, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »
Would Diablo 3 work on the Wii U?

You will need 6 buttons for skills, one for health potions, a way to move, a way to aim (don't want to go near a monster when you only want to shoot at it), and maybe one or two other buttons at the ready. It should be workable; you can use a button to be a modifier/skill shift to save buttons. The touchscreen will be helpful for auxiliary things such as inventory management and picking up loot. I've been playing the starter edition of the game just using my five-button mouse.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: May 18, 2012, 12:20:25 AM »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:46 AM »
I honestly wouldn't mind traditional controller controls for Diablo 3.  I don't know how many times I forget to press shift and my wizard runs into melee.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: May 18, 2012, 01:09:48 AM »
I honestly wouldn't mind traditional controller controls for Diablo 3.  I don't know how many times I forget to press shift and my wizard runs into melee.

This. So this.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: May 18, 2012, 01:16:26 AM »

Blue Wizard is Hungry. Blue Wizard needs food Badly
is your sanity...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: May 18, 2012, 01:49:54 PM »
Heh, my wife is using her laptop without the mouse, so it's really hard to even hit the shift button for her.   I'm amazed at how well she actually does at it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: May 18, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
Heh, my wife is using her laptop without the mouse, so it's really hard to even hit the shift button for her.   I'm amazed at how well she actually does at it.
I be like "Forget it, I'm playing a Barbarian."

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3088 on: May 18, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »

All of this talk over the past few days has spurred someone to make this:

http://isnintendodoomed.com/
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: May 18, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »
I be like "Forget it, I'm playing a Barbarian."
I was playing wizard in the beta and realized (or just remembered) that I suck at ranged characters and really am only good with melee.  So yeah, I'm a Barbarian as well.  She loves calling me her barbarian. :P

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: May 18, 2012, 07:55:31 PM »
This doesn't look radically better than UE3 on the PC. Have to see it in motion. I guess the benefits to UE4 is all the lighting is dynamic not just some of it, and you can view the graphics will all the effects in realtime while inside editing software.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: May 18, 2012, 09:43:04 PM »
I don't know what I expected but I was thinking super photo realism. Not that that doesn't look real, but if they showed a normal person in a different more colorful environment that would really show me the difference between this and UE3.

Still Wii U is going to be able to pull this off! Especially after all those super positive comments from the Epic guy, you all should count on it!

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: May 18, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »
What do you guys think of a retro NES styled uMote?

http://gifteddeviant.deviantart.com/gallery/

the more I look at it the more I like it.
what do you guys think?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: May 18, 2012, 10:21:44 PM »
I want that!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/aliens-colonial-marines-2012/videos/aliens-colonial-marines-interview-with-randy-pitchford-6377485/

Encouraging words about the Wii U, starting at 7:24. Very encouraging. He say's Wii U is a Next Gen console and home console Aliens will look best on Wii U. Oh and best controller for a shooter. He kind of saves himself by saying "Nintendo's best controller" but I think we all knew what he meant?

Come on now? Do we still think it has less power than the PS360? Speak up please!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:45:35 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: May 18, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »
I dig it. I'm picturing an original Gameboy themed tablet controller and that would be pretty awesome as well.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: May 18, 2012, 10:24:25 PM »

What do you guys think of a retro NES styled uMote?

yes please

the same guy did a SNES one too
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:26:38 PM by Lithium »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: May 18, 2012, 11:33:05 PM »
Ninja Bread Man anyone?
https://twitter.com/#!/NinjaBreadM
Quote from: twitter
NinjaBreadMan ‏@NinjaBreadM
@nintendolife The #WiiU and #WiiRemote interactivity is gonna work so well for Ninja Bread Man 2.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3097 on: May 18, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »
Wow, actually I think that Retro theme is horribly ugly.  Like I would never choose that Unote.  It isn't the black...that is quite nice...it is the red on it. 

I would prefer something different. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: May 18, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »
I didn't like the red either. But like I said, the more I look at it, the more I like it.

Although grey circle pads might be a nice alternative.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: May 19, 2012, 12:44:12 AM »
Wasn't there already a ninja bread man 2?