Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592708 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #2025 on: January 19, 2012, 08:53:49 PM »
Could Resident Evil 6 be a Wii U launch title? What if RE 6 and GTA 5 were both Wii U launch titles? Nintendo would be incredibly stupid to pass this chance. The opprotunity to have new installments in two major franchises on a brand new console just seems like too much of a gravy train moment to pass up for Nintendo. We will have to wait and see at this year's E3 to find out.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: January 19, 2012, 08:58:13 PM »
I looked at the logos at the end of the Resident Evil 6 trailer, and the Wii U's was not one of them.  I have no doubt that the game will come to the Wii U eventually, but maybe Capcom's having trouble with the Wii U version so they're hesitant to announce it (or Nintendo's ordered them to keep the Wii U version under wraps until E3, which is very possible).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: January 19, 2012, 09:49:02 PM »
I looked at the logos at the end of the Resident Evil 6 trailer, and the Wii U's was not one of them.  I have no doubt that the game will come to the Wii U eventually, but maybe Capcom's having trouble with the Wii U version so they're hesitant to announce it (or Nintendo's ordered them to keep the Wii U version under wraps until E3, which is very possible).

The release date for Reisdent Evil 6 is november 20th of this year and that might be around the time the Wii U launches in north Americas. If Resident Revelations is successful in the west then I could see this game on the Wii U. Nintendo would be incredibly stupid to pass GTA 5 as well.

Here is a list of third party titles in 2012 that I hope come the Wii U:

GTA 5
Spec Ops: The Line
Rsident Evil 6
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Mass Effect 3
Final Fantasy 14
Skyrim
Max Payne 3

Some of these will already be out by the time the Wii U hits the market, but any of them would make me buy a Wii U right at launch day.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:57:06 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »
Why in the world would you want Final Fantasy 14?  It's been an abysmal failure for Square-Enix, a legendarily awful game.  You'll probably get it because Square-Enix will be desperate to port the eventual PS3 version to everything and anything that's compatible just to get any money off that project.

And be careful what you wish for with Skyrim.  Bethesda can't even manage to put out a working version using hardware they already know, so who know what sort of madness would come from their QA department on hardware they don't?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: January 19, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »
So, theres actually a game called Final Fantasy XIII part 2.......

sigh
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2030 on: January 19, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »
So, theres actually a game called Final Fantasy XIII part 2.......

sigh

Just like there was a Final Fantasy X-2. I guess I can't blame SE though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: January 19, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »
Considering the way FFXIII-2 ends big cliffhanger ending, SquareEnix clearly wants to make a FFXIII-3 in the future as well.  Of course if the drop in Western sales from FFXIII to FFXIII-2 are as big as the drop in Japanese sales have been, that might not happen.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: January 19, 2012, 10:27:40 PM »
well yeah, but with X you can kinda get away with it, i mean you see XIII and its not going to be pronounced ex,eye,eye,eye on accident, or subconsciously. But saying "13 part 2 just sounds ridiculous."

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: January 19, 2012, 10:32:22 PM »
Considering the way FFXIII-2 ends big cliffhanger ending, SquareEnix clearly wants to make a FFXIII-3 in the future as well.

I'd be ok with that, provided that I really come away from FF XIII-2 happy, and based on my time with the demo there's a pretty good chance of that.  I have a lot riding on that game right now, though. I had the Limited Edition pre-ordered for me for Christmas, and I just recently pre-ordered the LE guide.

My big issue with FF XIII-2's existence is that they had to retcon the ending to the first game just so the second game could exist.  Surely there was a better way to kick off a a sequel than to rewrite FF XIII's ending.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:39:52 PM by broodwars »

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 19, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »
It's nice to see that Square Enix is still trying to fix/complete Final Fantasy 14. The sensible choice may be to cut the project, but I think it's good that Square Enix is still working on the game for those who have bought in to it.

As for Final Fantasy 13-2, why the sigh? Didn't Final Fantasy 10-2 provide interesting changes to the previous game's systems? From the previews, it looks like Final Fantasy 13-2 is trying different and interesting things from Final Fantasy 13. As long as Square Enix makes a fun game, there's no need to be sad, right?

I was wondering where Capcom would take Resident Evil 6 after Resident Evil 5. It looks like they decided to take it everywhere. It is inevitable that there will be a Wii U version of the game. It seems unlikely that said version will launch with the Wii U or on 11/20 for the Wii U, whichever is later. That is unless Capcom has had enough time with the Wii U and/or the Wii U easy to port to. Hmm, we shall see!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2035 on: January 19, 2012, 10:36:24 PM »
I think Capcom has had dev kits since at least E3 last year, so hopefully they release a Wii U version.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:38 PM »
oh no, i don't have a problem with the game, just the name of the game. Its like the worst titled thing ever. Idk maybe this is coming from a Nintendo fans perspective, where after 3 they came up with more interesting titles for the games.

The game is called final fantasy, which implies that the first one was the last one, but then there are 13 sequels, and sub sequels to sequels...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2037 on: January 19, 2012, 10:40:17 PM »
But the Final Fantasy games are not really sequels to each other, each one is its own separate universe and not related to the others.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: January 19, 2012, 11:15:27 PM »
But the Final Fantasy games are not really sequels to each other, each one is its own separate universe and not related to the others.

Just like Zelda.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2039 on: January 19, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »
Well, Nintendo has stated that all the Zelda games do fit into one universe (albeit in 3 timelines), and some directly reference each other (i.e. OOT in TWW).

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: January 19, 2012, 11:18:57 PM »
Ah, yes. The title is a silly thing. To be honest, I find the title of "Thirteen Two" refreshing in its honesty. "We made another one and it continues the story of a previous one," is what it says to me. Maybe it would've been better if Square Enix titled it differently but I think it's fine as it is. There's still Final Fantasy Versus 13 out there. The reasoning for that title is that it's supposed to run counter to how Final Fantasy 13 was designed and executed.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: January 19, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
also capcom could develop on tentative hardware well before it has a dev kit. Chances are they are going multi-platform in the long run, not to mention if they use a pre-existing engine like unreal then they can cut development time.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: January 20, 2012, 12:00:11 AM »
Should we start a E3 2012 prediction thread, or is it too early?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:05:48 AM by Kytim89 »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 20, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »
Should we start a E3 2012 prediction thread, or is it too late?

Not too late at all. Go right ahead.
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 20, 2012, 12:57:56 AM »
Resident Evil 6 trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4&feature=player_embedded

im not sure if this wasnt already posted? anyhow release date for ps3 and xbox 360 is november 20th

edit: it was mentioned and no link was given

in this case i can't see why it wouldn't come to Wii U if its on the other 2 platforms, likely its not announced for Wii U because they will have to show off the new play controls at e3.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:01:22 AM by ThePerm »

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 21, 2012, 12:39:53 PM »
Why in the world would you want Final Fantasy 14? 

Personally speaking, for the funsies of "playing" an MMO where the creators are too ashamed to charge monthly fees.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: January 21, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »
Looks like final dev kits may be out for Wii U. Hope hat means some specs leak sooner rather than later.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-u-dont-discount-the-tablet-controller/
Nintendo told us at CES that 3rd party developers have already received final devkits, so we would imagine that EA and other companies have a better idea about the support of multiple Wii U controllers than we do.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 21, 2012, 01:12:09 PM »
Project C.A.R.S. slated for a Wii U release
(Community Assisted Racing Sim)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-24-project-cars-preview
How that finished product makes it to the market remains in-flux. For now, it's set to be a free-to-play PC game, powered by micro-transactions that will, Slightly Mad says, be competitively pitched, undercutting its competitors in what they're calling a supermarket pricing philosophy. There's the intention of having it come to console too, with Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U versions currently slated - which suggests a boxed copy when the project nears completion in 2013, an idea that Slightly Mad isn't entirely averse to.
Official site: http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/
Video of Race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rag4sXgntuw&feature=related

The more the merrier. And I'm sure it will make good use of the tablet as a steering wheel should it ever actually see retail or console release.

The Wii U logo has shown up on this site, so mark this down as another Wii U title to hopefully see release sometime next year.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 21, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
I was looking at http://e3.nintendo.com at the specs for WiiU and noticed something I never seen or heard before. For memory storage it says it'll have internal memory and can be expanded by SD memory card OR USB Hard drive

Am I the only one who didn't know about the external hard drive option on the WiiU?
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control