Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1592731 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #1675 on: November 08, 2011, 11:51:47 PM »
RAM is the reason why the PC version of Battlefield 3 can support 64 player online multiplayer, but the console versions can not. If this game is coming to the Wii U it would be nice if it could also do 64 player battles just like the PC version, and that would give it a major edge over the PS360 versions.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 08, 2011, 11:59:58 PM »
Windows and dozens of other background programs running on a resource hogging OS is the reason why your PC needs that much RAM to begin with.

I have 8GB RAM running Win7 with 2 Chrome windows open with 6 total tabs, and 2 other idle programs open on my desktop.
Right about 4GB RAM being used as I type this. My computer is doing nothing special right now. Just eating RAM.

PS3 has 512MB RAM and has 2 games I can think of that supported somewhere between 32-64 players online simultaneously. Starhawk and some other tactical shooter game.
There is more to it than the amount of RAM.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1677 on: November 09, 2011, 12:25:20 AM »
Doesn't MAG support 128 players?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 09, 2011, 12:40:43 AM »
Just looked it up, MAG does 256 players according to IGN's review.  Thats nuts lol.  Game didn't get to many good reviews though and IGN stated graphics had to be sacrificed a bit to hit that 256.  At least we know its possible.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 09, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
Good News Everyone /farnsworth

Quote from: Konna via Nintendo Power
I can't get into the specifics, but I do want to create a new and enjoyable Mario Kart that uses the unique functions of the Wii U. Anything beyond that I have to keep secret. Please bear with me for now!

.... so we hopefully won't get an unenjoyable Mario Kart that doesn't use the unique functions of the Wii? well now I'm disappointed.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1680 on: November 09, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
Just looked it up, MAG does 256 players according to IGN's review.  Thats nuts lol.  Game didn't get to many good reviews though and IGN stated graphics had to be sacrificed a bit to hit that 256.  At least we know its possible.

Well, it has a 76 on metacritic, so they couldn't have been all bad.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 09, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »
Peter Moore: Wii U Online is Extensive!
http://nintendoeverything.com/77499/moore-wii-u-is-a-very-exciting-machine-features-extensive-online-capabilities/
Quote from: Famitsu via Nintendoeverything
EA COO Peter Moore recently sat down with Famitsu to talk about all sorts of things, including the Wii U. Moore talked excitedly about the system and teased “extensive” online features for the console.

He said:

“It’s a very exciting machine and I’m glad to see it out there. I mean, a hi-def Nintendo platform! There’s nothing that could make me happier. Its online capabilities are really extensive, too, so we’ll be able to differentiate ourselves from the competition more easily with our sports lineup. We can’t announce anything yet, but what I can say is that Nintendo is a company that’s been producing new types of play culture for years. The 3DS and Wii U have taken on that DNA, so I really can’t wait to see what kind of new surprises are waiting for us.”

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 09, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
Hip hip hooray!

What are the most necessary components to online?

Friends list? Friend list chat and in game friend list chat?

Multi game friend see'er? You know, play one game but see when friends get online and play other games.

User names for the entire system and not each individual game?

What else is out there that I know i've been missing over the years?

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 09, 2011, 03:44:33 PM »
I hope there is trophy support. It shouldn't be a requirement, and its not something Nintendo themselves have to support if they don't want to, but the option should be there for developers.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:39:40 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 09, 2011, 05:47:51 PM »
I hope there is trophy support.

Nintendo should call their system medals. Or maybe they should remind everyone how silly such acknowledgement systems are and call them stamps like in Wii Sports Resort.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 09, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »
They'll probably end up being stars or something like that.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 09, 2011, 08:44:34 PM »
Here are a list of third party developers and respective games that I would love to see developed for the Wii U:

Capcom:

Okami 2
Resident Evil 2 REmake
Resident Evil 3 REmake
Viewtiful Joe 3
Lost Planet 3
Capcom versus series
Dead Rising 3
Monster Hunter Universe
Dino Crisis 4

Konami:

Metal Gear Solid Rising
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

EA:

Mass Effect Collection
Dead Space 3
Mirror's Edge 2

Activision:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Collection
Spider-man (done in the style of Arkham City)
Prototype 3
True Crime: Streets of Hong Kong

Ubisoft:

Assassin's Creed (set in feudal Japan)
Beyond Good and Evil 2
TMNT (done in the style of Arkham City)

Rockstar:

Max Payne 3
Spec Ops: The Line
GTA 5
The Agency

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:13:03 AM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 10, 2011, 12:15:20 AM »
I don't want to see another Okami unless it is developed by Clover again. Considering they broke up shortly after it was released, it isn't gonna happen. Okamiden was a huge mistake . I hope that one day Clover Studios will reunite and create their original view of Okami 2: Journeying in her homeland and adventuring there.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: November 10, 2011, 01:15:27 AM »
That controller is just perfect for Okami, though. I'd hate to see that go to waste.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 10, 2011, 05:05:59 AM »
I agree Resident Evil 2 and 3 could see some remake action.

Resident Evil 2 was my first RE game, and it was quite nice. Combine that with HD graphics, and an upgraded control system and you have a game very worth getting. I never played RE3 all the way through, so theres that.

Hey maybe now that Wii U has leet graphics Silicon Knights can return and make a sequel to ED
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 10, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »
Here are a list of third party developers and respective games that I would love to see developed for the Wii U:

Capcom:

Okami 2
Resident Evil 2 REmake
Resident Evil 3 REmake
Viewtiful Joe 3
Lost Planet 3
Capcom versus series
Dead Rising 3
Monster Hunter Universe
Dino Crisis 4

Konami:

Metal Gear Solid Rising
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

EA:

Mass Effect Collection
Dead Space 3
Mirror's Edge 2

Activision:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Collection
Spider-man (done in the style of Arkham City)
Prototype 3
True Crime: Streets of Hong Kong

Ubisoft:

Assassin's Creed (set in feudal Japan)
Beyond Good and Evil 2
TMNT (done in the style of Arkham City)

Rockstar:

Max Payne 3
Spec Ops: The Line
GTA 5
The Agency

Here are some more games from first and third party developers that I would like to see developed for the Wii U:

Nintendo:

Eternal Darkness 2
Starfox Universe
F-Zero Universe
Pikmin 3
Metroid 2D

SEGA:

Vanquish 2
Madworld 2
House of the Dead Overkill 2
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg 2

Square-Enix:

Final Fantasy 7 remake
Final Fantasy 15
Star Ocean Universe
Army Corps of Hell (Vita RTS game similar to Pikimin) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89eieUeF7iI

Are there any other developers and games that anyone else wishes to see on the Wii U?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:43:00 AM by Kytim89 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1691 on: November 10, 2011, 09:45:57 AM »

Resident Evil 2 was my first RE game, and it was quite nice. Combine that with HD graphics, and an upgraded control system and you have a game very worth getting. I never played RE3 all the way through, so theres that.

Hey maybe now that Wii U has leet graphics Silicon Knights can return and make a sequel to ED

I'm only ok with this if the controls got improved too.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 10, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »
That controller is just perfect for Okami, though. I'd hate to see that go to waste.

Yes, but is it worth getting a bad game?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 10, 2011, 03:27:38 PM »
Monster Rancher.

I would like to play another one of those.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 10, 2011, 03:45:39 PM »
A 2d Suikoden in HD, even if its just a downloadable game.  The Suikoden series is such a hidden gem of old school rpg goodness.  Hope others have enjoyed this series as much as I, specially part 2.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: November 10, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »

yeah ideally, you want an re4 and re5 controlled game, but you want it to be in the same place with the same characters, but what you don't want are fixed static camera angles like in the old school. However, you do want the emphasis on scaring the **** out of you and less so on action. Next gen means several things, and one of them is the ability to put the old backgrounds in the same quality the fully per-rendered ones were, or better.

It also means you could tweak gameplay a lot, I could imagine zombie hordes to worry about throughout the game rising the tension. Whereas in the old game you shot 3 zombies in a room and that was that, this time you have to constantly worry about them busting in. If i were to change something I would include more melee weapons or silent weapons like arrows, and make it so if that there is windows in a room than its not a good idea to shoot with a gun. Also, to add some degree of AI randomness, some wild card that makes playing the game different every time. Another thing that would be cool is destructible environments and crafting. Basically a total remake, not just a cosmetic change.

Also, even better, re2 and 3 take place at the same time in the same city, why not make make them as one experience, where you can interact with both plotlines and throw out some of the linearity. Why make it just take place inside the police station or wherever skank Jill goes toi dont remember). The beginning of re2 has some fmv stuff that could be made into gameplay. They should call it Resident Evil Racoon City Apocalypse.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 10, 2011, 04:49:52 PM »
A 2d Suikoden in HD, even if its just a downloadable game.  The Suikoden series is such a hidden gem of old school rpg goodness.  Hope others have enjoyed this series as much as I, specially part 2.

Hopefully Konami makes a new Suikoden for the Wii U. Those are good RPG games to play. Also, there is a really good Suikoden game for the DS and if you have not played it yet then I recommend it for you.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: November 10, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »

yeah ideally, you want an re4 and re5 controlled game, but you want it to be in the same place with the same characters, but what you don't want are fixed static camera angles like in the old school. However, you do want the emphasis on scaring the **** out of you and less so on action. Next gen means several things, and one of them is the ability to put the old backgrounds in the same quality the fully per-rendered ones were, or better.

It also means you could tweak gameplay a lot, I could imagine zombie hordes to worry about throughout the game rising the tension. Whereas in the old game you shot 3 zombies in a room and that was that, this time you have to constantly worry about them busting in. If i were to change something I would include more melee weapons or silent weapons like arrows, and make it so if that there is windows in a room than its not a good idea to shoot with a gun. Also, to add some degree of AI randomness, some wild card that makes playing the game different every time. Another thing that would be cool is destructible environments and crafting. Basically a total remake, not just a cosmetic change.

Also, even better, re2 and 3 take place at the same time in the same city, why not make make them as one experience, where you can interact with both plotlines and throw out some of the linearity. Why make it just take place inside the police station or wherever skank Jill goes toi dont remember). The beginning of re2 has some fmv stuff that could be made into gameplay. They should call it Resident Evil Racoon City Apocalypse.

Two seperate games and the save file from Resident Evil 2 REmake is carried over to Resident Evil 3 REmake to alter puzzles and level layout in a similar manner to the Mass Effect titles. Also, it is high time that Dino Crisis 4 makes a return to the industry on the Wii U.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 10, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »
I don't know what this thread is about anymore, but I'm just gonna chime in with a thought after reading that Peter Moore comment I posted above and the "lessons learned" comment by Reggie in the other Wii U Thread.

I'm just really hoping that since Nintendo seems to be getting their **** together slowly from lessons that they have learned, I really hope that one lesson that was learned was that if the hardware is capable, then let it be.

And what I mean by that is that if there is something that you hardware is technically capable of doing without compromising it's security or damaging it any way, then just let it do it. If that takes a 3rd party effort, an eShope purchase or a later firmware update, then make it happen.

The types of things I'm talking about are things like
DVD/Bluray playback
Smart Remote Control (Think Logitech Harmony or a Smart House remote)
TV Streaming (assuming they could throw an input on there for next to nothing or a later attachment through USB)
A Region Free Unlock App (make people pay for it if you want, but provide a way to do it without having to hack)

and any other things that I may not be thinking of at the moment.

and please. please let the uMote have at minimum a 2 point multi-touch Resistive screen.
It just opens up more possibilities even if you have no specific ideas for it at the moment.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 10, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »
I like the idea of the region free unlock app and having a two point multi-touch screen would help in bring a lot of the good IOS games over to the Wii U eShop.