Author Topic: Crash of the Titans. Gestures, style, co-op multiplayer... looking good?  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I actually played Crash Bandicoot 2 a long time ago on the PSX, and it was a pretty decent game! It didn't have huge free-roaming 3D worlds, sure, but it did have an undeniable sense of fun, even for a Nintendo fanboi. Cortex had a big N on his head, egging me on, but even that didn't spoil my fun.

So of course, Naughty Dog has moved on to new things and Crash is in other hands, but now that he's coming to the Wii, he's really caught my attention. The videos of the game I've seen all look like fun, something which the E3 2007 trailer got across to me. The gameplay looks to be solid, action-platformer, fun, with the main feature/hook being jumping onto "Titan" monsters and controlling them.

Which leads straight into all the special wii controls they've implemented. Using the wiimote and nunchuck motions to swing the monsters' hands, aiming with the wiimote pointer if the Titan you're controlling shoots projectiles... or even just with Crash doing motion stuff I bet!

They hype it all in this interview at GameTrailers.

That interview also covers the awesomeness that is MULTIPLAYER CO-OP! Two players, two crashes, two titans, insta-buy for moi!

And not just that, Crashes can "jack" onto each other so that they need make only one jump in the platformer sections!

Co-op.. it came out because I give my team a week every three months to do whatever they want in the game... we get all sorts of magic out of that... "jacking" the ability to take over and control another creature in the game... co-op, drop in drop out.... There's Crash and Carbon Crash... I jack onto the other guy and when he jumps we swap mid-air and when he jumps we swap mid-air and it's my turn, I control, and then he controls and I control so we get into this awesome rhythm together like when you get a great volley going in tennis it's like that feeling...

(now talking about another mode?)

I've been convincing people this is the way to get your girlfriends to play a game with you if they're not gamers, right, because they can just have fun where they want to have fun and then take a free ride with any part they're not comfortable with or whatever and then unjack from you and play the game again!

Welp, I was gonna take this off of my list of to-buys but this news has just cemented it into my budget. October 2? Check.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Another has-been franchise I never liked?  Check.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Waiting for reviews...and a lottery win.  There are too many games coming out all at once, this might have stood a better chance five months ago.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Crash of the Titans. Gestures, style, co-op multiplayer... looking good?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Another has-been franchise I never liked?  Check.

What he said.

Offline therat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
all that jacking. is this a rated x game?

Offline therat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:20:16 PM »
the first crash game was awesome. downhill from there. ill pass on this. with only a week put into the coop, it cant be any good. imagine if they put more then a weeks time into it?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 12:29:45 PM »

That means that for one week every three months, management turns a blind eye and the programmers can work on anything game related that they want to. One of those weeks, the programmers got together an example of how they could do multiplayer co-op since they were allowed to choose their own tasks. They showed it to management, and management liked the idea, so it was added into the game from then on out!!!

Offline therat

• View Profile
wow, imagine if the people making the game did the entire game they way they wanted, maybe wed see some good games come out in this industry!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Or they'd never get anything done. One or the other! ^_^

This cinematic shows off the...well...style of the game.