Author Topic: Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized  (Read 300058 times)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized
« Reply #650 on: July 15, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »
SPOILER ALERT!

=P

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 15, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »
'Cause Chozo statues are a new addition to the Prime series, am I rig...oh... =)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 15, 2007, 05:30:54 PM »
Lol Bill.

Oh, I just watched the first minute of this video for MP3 and it's of Samus fighting a boss (I didn't want the whole thing spoiled so I cut it off right when the fight began) but the whole game just looks so freaking awesome.

I've never been so anxious for the summer to end! (or to at least get to the end of August).  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 15, 2007, 05:51:35 PM »
Oh hey guys.. I  just thought of something.

You know how they have the great lock-on plus free-aim system, right? It allows you to strafe around an object while still controlling your pointer. But the problem is that you still have to concentrate on aiming while dodging and moving - in the other Prime games once you were locked on the shots could only go to that target, so you didn't need to worry about it.

So anyway, imagine how amazing the digital click GameCube shoulder buttons would be for this system. To just lock on while allowing free-aim, you would slightly push the triggers, but if you wanted the regular lock-on you would push harder and activate the digital click.

Thinking about it, I'm surprised Retro didn't use it for the Cube Prime games.. I guess you didn't really need free aim once you were locked on, but it would be incredible if you needed to quickly switch targets like you sometimes needed to.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 15, 2007, 05:54:57 PM »
How would you have "free-aimed" with the Gamecube controller?  You couldn't use the C-stick because that's how you changed beams!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 15, 2007, 06:05:05 PM »
Have you noticed how much faster the game is?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 15, 2007, 06:05:50 PM »
Oops! (I was thinking of when you held R and used the control stick for free-aim, not realising that you're using it to move while locked on)

But still, the Z button on the nunchuck should be digital click!

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 15, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »
Why is it so hard to dodge while shooting? Haven't you ever played a FPS?
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 15, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »
It isn't at all, especially the way Retro designed the Prime games to be like.. I'm just saying that it would be a cool addition to the control scheme..

And no, I don't play too many actual FPS games..

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized
« Reply #659 on: July 16, 2007, 07:49:31 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
How would you have "free-aimed" with the Gamecube controller?  You couldn't use the C-stick because that's how you changed beams!
I always thought the D-Pad could have handled the beams and the visors and the Z trigger would have acted like a "Shift" button to switch between the two to cycle through. Just throw the map in the pause menu. A little more confusing, sure, but it would work... if the Prime games were the type of game that needed free look. They're not though. So this post is kind of a waste of space.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: July 17, 2007, 04:53:56 AM »
i was playing Twilight Princess and RE4 yesterday and thought of something when i successfuly shot a flaming arrow in mid flight (hey look they have something in common)...

I love how wii controls make my aim more precise over using an analog stick doing little things like that feel so rewarding because i'd never of been able to do that playing either game on the cube. I really hope there is something similar present in MP3:C. There's no doubt in my mind that Retro nailed the controls but a small detail like that would really make me feel like a marksman.

Of course the only things you get shot at with are lasers and plasma beams but maybe there's a big rock monster somewhere that sends debris flying your way that lets you shoot down even the smallest stone...

/random thought
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 17, 2007, 04:57:18 AM »
All I will say is, after RE4 I never want to play a RE game without Wii controls ever again just because of the ultimate control you have over your aiming. It's really a wonderful thing.

I am sure Prime 3 will have those small details and we will be basting things that come our way making it all the more awesome.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 17, 2007, 05:16:10 AM »
Glad i'm not the only one who feels that way
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 17, 2007, 07:43:59 AM »

Originally posted by: Requiem
I don't know who posted this....but these ideas are pretty badass .

Seriously though, do you think Retro is thinking as revolutionary as we are?

What if:

Samus was fighting this giant boss, whose attack was to suck things in (including samus). As the beast prepares the attack, Samus would have to first grapple beam herself to a hook. Then as she's literally hanging horizontal to the ground, you have to manuever your cannon in the general direction of the beast and charge and fire a super missle. Meanwhile, your view is going hay-wire as you shake with turbulence.

I think that would be a pretty cool boss.

Or What if:

Samus grapples to an object and the only way to blow up said object is to aim at your grapple beam and shoot a charged Wave beam at it. The beam then clings to your grapple and follows it like a trail of lit gun powder.

Or What if:

There is a boss that travels furiously fast, is enourmously huge, and is the first water boss in Metriod history (i think). Samus must grapple to it's back and as she hangs on for dear life, water ski as she tries to kill the damn thing! Knowing Retro, it would be crazy! Water would spray in your face, obstructing your view.

Or What if:

Samus obtains the ability to use bombs outside of her ball state. She grabs a bomb with her left hand and with the nunchuck, chucks it where ever she likes. There are two settings for the bomb: Gravity and Anti-Gravity. Gravity acts like a normal grenade, while Anti-gravity floats upwards very slowly. While Gravity bombs blow up on impact, Anti-gravity bombs must be shot. Anti-Gravity bombs also cause a much bigger explosion.

Or What if:

One of Samus's grapple beam upgrades turns it into a laserbeam type sword. Not neccessarily to attack with since that is not Metriod at all, but more to cut through vegitation, carve through blast-proof windows, and things of that nature (another way to advance exploration basically).

Or What if:

One of Samus's grapple beam upgrades allows for more than one grapple. This would be used to pull multiple triggers (similar to how Zelda's boomerang can lock on to multiple items, and used in basically the same fashion; i.e. puzzle-solving, boss-battle, taming a gaint beast to fly or swim). OOOOOOOOH!!!! That would be amazing! Imagine taming a giant manitee to explore an ocean. You can still shoot with the Wiimote. The nunchuck, however, would steer the beast (or it could steer itself, probably better). Or what if you tamed a giant pterodactyl to fly and access a new area, only to be shot at by Flying Space Pirates. That sounds like a sh!tload of fun, especially if the beast reacted to the shooting and swooped and tried to dodge.

Alright, that's enough for one day. You guys get the jist of it anyways...

"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 17, 2007, 08:57:26 AM »
That's the third time I've read those ideas and every time I've said, "Yeah, that would be cool!"

Kudos X 3  

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 17, 2007, 09:27:54 AM »
Yea, I really need to stop reposting them

I just want them to be true!
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 17, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #667 on: July 17, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »
Neighbor of the Beast.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 17, 2007, 04:18:28 PM »
The locking/free-pointing is going to be interesting.

Its perfect for bosses with little minions going around, but at the same time I can't see it working with something like the chykka battle in echoes. I guess it could really be put to good use if you have to attack weak spots in the bosses that aren't always in the place of the lock on.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 17, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »

Retro came up with some pretty crazy sh*t in Echoes in terms of boss battles. I don't think it's a leap in logic to think that they'll go even crazier for Corruption, perhaps even implement things similar to your ideas. I hope so, anyways.  

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 18, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Neighbor of the Beast.

I thought that would be 667

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #671 on: July 18, 2007, 02:46:06 PM »
I was post #667
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 18, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »

Originally posted by: TrueNerd

Retro came up with some pretty crazy sh*t in Echoes in terms of boss battles. I don't think it's a leap in logic to think that they'll go even crazier for Corruption, perhaps even implement things similar to your ideas. I hope so, anyways.

True. The only boss battle I saw was crazier than anything I came up with. Of course I'm talking about the Ridley battle.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 19, 2007, 10:23:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
I was post #667

ah
i dont notice post counts

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 01, 2007, 04:33:37 AM »
This isn't a complaint...its more of a heads up to the rest of you who plan to put down money at Gamestop and EB...its $10.00 and not $5.00.  The store clerk wouldn't give me a reason...and you're paying the same amount in the end anyway...but they've raised their reservation fee...

NNID: Island_Gamer