Author Topic: Get Ready to Bust Some Ghosts  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Get Ready to Bust Some Ghosts
« on: November 15, 2007, 03:59:18 PM »
Vivendi is ready to continue the series in video game form.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14816

It seems that no 80’s license is safe, kiddies. Variety reports that Vivendi Games and Sony Pictures have made a deal to continue the popular Ghostbusters franchise on home gaming consoles. Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson have all jumped aboard to lend their likenesses and voices to the game. Additionally, Aykroyd and Ramis are developing a plot and script, which will take place sometime after the events of Ghostbusters 2.    

Sadly, Wii and DS gamers may get the shaft in this deal, as the "hardcore demographic" is being targeted for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC versions of the game, while Vivendi itself isn't even developing the Wii and DS games. Instead, rookie developer Red Fly Studio is. Along with the PS2 version, the Wii and DS games promise to be more "family friendly" than the 360, PS3, and PC offerings. It is not clear whether the Aykroyd/Ramis script will be a part of the Nintendo games.

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline raptorspike

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Get Ready to Bust Some Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:51:55 AM »
Of course. We develop a machine that is marketed toward the gamer (gamecube), and we get screwed. We develop a mass appeal system (Wii), and we get screwed. Ghostbusters, like Star Wars, is a franchise that just screams to be on the Wii

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
RE: Get Ready to Bust Some Ghosts
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 09:45:14 AM »
"Sony Pictures" is involved so of course they would want to perpetuate the image.  
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.