Author Topic: Episode 243: Talk Talk Talkpy  (Read 20960 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 243: Talk Talk Talkpy
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2011, 07:27:23 PM »
Oh yes, she would.  Honestly, the only problem I've found with a gamer spouse (and trust me this is a good problem to have!) is that there is almost no such thing as "single player" anymore =P

If I want to play a long single-player campaign on my own schedule (rarely happens these days anyway!) I'd have to sit her down and say: "look, this game is too time-consuming to play between our separate schedules ... you play one of your games while I'm doing this one" and then she gets a little sad, but then she is happy once she goes back to Puzzle Quest for eight-hundred-billionth time ^_^
Just watch out.  My wife gamed some when we were dating but, once we got married it went out the window.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline adadad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »
Just watch out.  My wife gamed some when we were dating but, once we got married it went out the window.

Funny, that sounds just like a certain cliche about marriage...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

Funny, that sounds just like a certain cliche about marriage...
The other one is officially against forums rules but, that was right too.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2011, 08:25:53 PM »
Oh yes, she would.  Honestly, the only problem I've found with a gamer spouse (and trust me this is a good problem to have!) is that there is almost no such thing as "single player" anymore =P

If I want to play a long single-player campaign on my own schedule (rarely happens these days anyway!) I'd have to sit her down and say: "look, this game is too time-consuming to play between our separate schedules ... you play one of your games while I'm doing this one" and then she gets a little sad, but then she is happy once she goes back to Puzzle Quest for eight-hundred-billionth time ^_^

To me the exact opposite happened.  My wife in attempting to enjoy my hobbies with me has picked up golf and played several games with me including Kirby's Epic Yarn, Mario All Stars, Flower, Heavy Rain, and Portal 2.  She has even played my 3DS more than I have ever since we got Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle or whatever.

As a tradeoff, i agree to go out and about shopping with her on occasion and watch classic movies/tv shows with her.  Marriage is all about compromise if you're with the right one. 

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2011, 07:35:28 AM »
To be fair, James and Greg are the only ones who constantly play Nintendo games, the other two are a different story.

Greg has access to a larger pool of Nintendo games thanks to his Japanese Wii (which includes a distinct Virtual Console library and Japanese DS demos). I think you are mistaken about James bringing up Nintendo games more often in New Business. He's had just as much trouble as Jon and I. Perhaps someone will eventually do a statistical analysis. I try to always have something to say about a Nintendo game, but it's not always possible. Worthwhile releases don't happen consistently enough on any single platform (keep in mind we buy these games with our own money), and it is surprisingly difficult to bring fresh game impressions to the show every single week.

Also, I can use this space to insert the easy joke that Jon has brought a Nintendo game consistently for several weeks now... all the same game, of course.

While i should join the bandwagon of YOU DONT TALK ABOUT NINTENDO GAMES, Jonny doing the exact opposite brought me months of joy with Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light. So please, carry on.

Oh and Jonny can you recommend me another coop game please? :p