Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 347546 times)

Offline Frozen Atlantic

• Spiritually Direct
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2006, 04:44:25 PM »
I can believe that. But Jigglypuff's probabably safe, she's been in all of them, right?
smash brothers : 5069-3792-8710

wii: 2034-1057-8595-3928

if you send me a PM, I'll add you more quickly

Offline MANTI5

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2006, 06:14:10 PM »
I'd say Marth and Roy are gone along with Pichu.  

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2006, 06:22:41 PM »
I LOVE Roy and Marth.  They better leave at least one.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2006, 06:22:47 PM »
No love for Marth and Roy?  I say at least one is back...

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »
Well Fire Emblem characters are easily interchanged (like Pokemon).  Ike will probably be there if they insist on removing Marth and Roy.  Unless we have clones tripping over each other, I don't really see why any characters need to be removed - Smash bros. clone Luigi was enhanced so that he was different enough from Mario that he was no longer a clone.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2006, 06:26:29 PM »
I don't think their getting rid of Jiggly, but it is possible. Mewto is out though.
Mr. Gamea and Watch may not be too safe either.
And also, Jeff and Poo from Earthbound would make nice additions. Paula would be too similar to Ness.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline AnyoneEB

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2006, 06:34:27 PM »
odifiend: Llyod? Yet another sword fighter? I guess he does have the demon-techs, but I would rather have someone with more different attacks. Like Colette. B = Angel feathers: everyone dies.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »
anyoneEB, It is all about style, baby!  Tales protagonists definitely have some awesome techs that would fit well into smash bros. (Beast) so I stand by my nomination.  Colette, bah.  I mean they could do it if they had to, but she isn't the best fit and third party characters are going to have to be iconic or main exclusive characters.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2006, 07:23:35 PM »
I'd add Ganondorf to the probably cut list too, come to think of it, b/c as cool as he was, he really didn't offer anything Captain Falcon didn't, and he's not heading a franchise either. And as for Luigi, they better get him his own voice instead of just using Mario's (which they totally did) or...well, nothing, but they should.

I kinda want Daisy in, but Peach might be iffy, so having them both's probably unlikely.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2006, 07:25:15 PM »
Well, Marth has always been and always will be my main man for SSBM.  We've been through thick and thin together, and I ain't about to forget that.  Marth rocks, always will.
However, I can see myself playing with another character this time around (Link and Kirby were mine in the original, then Marth, now maybe Meta Knight).  I've always wanted Meta Knight in the game.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2006, 07:26:01 PM »
Mikintosh: what u want daisy and peach? but u dont want ganon
sad....
Daisy cant add anything that peach cant do

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2006, 07:30:16 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Jill Valentine and Leon would all be way too similar in terms of design and control, plus they're not nearly as recognizable.  Too generic, in a way.
Leon maybe, but Jill...not really, my sis is a non gamer (the last game she played was SMW....10 years ago) yet she does recognise Jill (as "the girl form the zombie game", but still....)

Originally posted by: Mikintosh
Also, some of the non-Pikachu Pokemon may be traded out for newer ones, and I think Marth and Roy are definately out.
noooo, don't take Roy out T_T

Originally posted by: TVman
Mr. Game and Watch may not be too safe either.
he's pretty unique, iconic, and fun to play as, I don't really see him being taken out (unless they were running out of space :P

oh, and Lloyd would be interesting (although I would prefer Zelos, or Collette....we need more girls! ^^), but as the game isn't as iconic or popular I don't know :S

on a side note, if they do add Cloud, it would be another kick in the nuts to sony fans XD
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2006, 08:06:45 PM »

Am I the only one that finds it odd at how similar Link and Samus look? I mean really:

Not to mention the guy in my avatar (and Shecky's - that stealer.)

Anyway. Finally saw the trailer. My favorite part was Pikachu's and Kirby's "transformations." (That was a joke, right?)

...Oh, looking back, Shecky already mentioned that.

Curse you Shecky!
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2006, 08:20:02 PM »
"Not to mention the guy in my avatar (and Shecky's - that stealer.)"

Geez!  I can't win...

"Anyway. Finally saw the trailer. My favorite part was Pikachu's and Kirby's "transformations." (That was a joke, right?)

...Oh, looking back, Shecky already mentioned that.

Curse you Shecky!"

Kirby's expression is priceless...

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2006, 08:20:59 PM »

Haha.. first he stole from couchmonkey and then you
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering

Am I the only one that finds it odd at how similar Link and Samus look? I mean really:

You do not deserve that avatar... >=|
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2006, 08:53:38 PM »
Pit isn't a guy? What?

Or am I supposed to refer to him as his heavenly highness or something?

Kirby's expression is priceless...

Heh. See, why not make that your avatar?
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2006, 09:00:35 PM »
I posted this in the talkback thread and just thought I'd post it here since it touches on some things being mentioned in this thread. Plus, I like to cut and paste.

Man, I was at IGN and I see this little icon that says Smash Bros. I click it on it and takes me to a pic of Mario and Snake and I think to myself, this can't be it but to my surprise it is. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that the first Metal Gear Solid appeared on the NES. But if its true Hideo Kojima himself practically "begged" to include Snake in the last Smash Bros. game, I wonder if Nintendo made some type of deal to do this that involves more support from Kojima.

Now Wario was pretty much a lock considering he has plenty of unique moves and adventures of his own. He definitely deserved to be included.

Pit, I also expected because he's been mentioned about so much lately. Nintendo Power mentioned him as someone they'd like to see in the next game and recently ran a flashback on the game Kid Icarus. But, I expected him to be a real hidden character like Mr. Game and Watch and really surprise us.

Meta-Knight is another charcter I've been hoping for. Frankly, the Kirby universe is full of great characters and should be represented by more. I just hope they also add King Dedede as well. I'd love to battle with him.

Zero-suit Samus is the one I find most surprising. I felt if they did another Samus it would be Dark Samus or the SA-X Samus. Zero-suit just had a weak ray gun and ran around a lot. Still, she is one of the finest looking Nintendo characters. I'll choose her over Candy Kong any day.

Quick list of other characters I want to see in the game:

King K. Rool - (He's got plenty of moves)
Dixie Kong - (People always list Diddy but Dixie has more unique moves)
Ridley - (forget size issues, I want to swoop down on Samus and rumble in Norfair)
Captain Olimar - (I like him and think he could be interesting)
King Dedede - (I mentioned him already and I want to mention him again)
Star Wolf - (Give Falco his own set of moves and make Wolf a clone if necessary. I don't like clones but I really think they should include more villians)

Quick list of others that would be nice - Toad, Daisy, Diddy Kong, another F-zero character, Pokemon to replace Pichu (Squirtle), another zelda character (Ganon), Starman, Mario RPG character (Smithy or Geno), Banjo-Kazooie (seems more likely now), Marx and Wart.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2006, 09:07:13 PM »
I like Pichu.  My friends put him on as the computer player (usually level one, or when we're feeling dangerous, level two) if there are less than four of us playing, and we aren't doing a serious "test-your-skills" match.
It's so much fun to just beat up on him.  Good ol' Pichu

If he is replaced, we need a comparably meek character to attack, I demand it be so.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2006, 09:08:44 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
Pit isn't a guy? What?

Or am I supposed to refer to him as his heavenly highness or something?

I think he just wanted you to refer to him by name, instead of just some guy

Heh. See, why not make that your avatar?

I suppose I could do that...

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2006, 09:21:30 PM »

I think he just wanted you to refer to him by name, instead of just some guy

Yeah, but if I did that, it wouldn't have made sense for me to point out my avatar, and then I couldn't have mentioned that you stole it, and then my "curse you, shecky!" line at the end of the post wouldn't have been funny. My carefully constructed Jenga tower of cleverness would've collapsed.

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2006, 09:24:55 PM »
I think Ganon will be out just for economy of characters, and for that reason I don't think Daisy'll have a shot either; I was just think out loud. If they did have a character like King K. Rool, they'd probably have to take out either DK or Bowser lest they have to many similar heavyweights, and I don't think they're gonna do that.

If they bring back Falco, he better be significant retooled, b/c he was almost unusable in Melee.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2006, 09:29:58 PM »
Speak for yourself, I played as falco all the time
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline JGarcia050

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 11, 2006, 10:10:58 PM »

Offline JGarcia050

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 11, 2006, 10:12:43 PM »
sry bout that blank reply....but anyways....what about Crono as a possible 3rd party character...that would be sweet