Author Topic: Mother 3 moved to Nintendo DS  (Read 5518 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Mother 3 moved to Nintendo DS
« on: December 11, 2004, 08:27:39 PM »
http://ds.ign.com/objects/707/707325.html?fromint=1

Apparently Mother 3 is now coming out for Nintendo DS, the GBA version was originally supposed to come out in Japan in a few months. Interesting...

Offline DemonFox

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Mother 3 moved to Nintendo DS
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 12:54:36 AM »
Mother 3? Is that a new one? Yeah I guess it is.
I hope they are gonna release it in Europe or at least in the USA.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 04:16:08 AM »
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!  And I'm glad...Please localize it, Ninty!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Mother 3 moved to Nintendo DS
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 05:04:28 AM »
Earthbound style humor and a touch screen...

The mind boggles.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 06:07:42 AM »
mi nam iz nes
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 09:35:19 AM »
And I hope this spells good news for the Mother 1+2 compilation.  hopefully as a preorder bonus or something.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 04:29:07 PM »
Unfortunately I have never played the Earthbound series, though I am definately interested in doing so!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 07:53:07 PM »
remember the guy named poo?

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 08:01:54 PM »
The DS is really shaping up to be an awesome RPG system.

How are any of them using the touchscreen, though? The only thing I can think of is touchscreen battle menus.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 03:34:04 AM »
I dunno...if this game has half the character and wit the first one did, they'll find a way to make the touchscreen intrinsic to the game while making it more than just a touch based menu system, I'm sure.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 06:37:40 AM »
Are you talking about the first one (Mother) or Earthbound (Mother 2)?  I would like to play the first one.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 06:49:58 AM »
Awesome!  I just hope that, with all these changes and delays, this game doesn't turn into another Earthbound 64.  DS = RPG greatness.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline foolish03

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 06:24:54 AM »
Yeah im waiting until february to see what games are out before I buy a DS(Already one in the house though).  Its looking good though.  
"If you can read these letters, Your waisting your time..."
---------------------------------------

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 06:47:23 AM »
This is all fine and good I suppose but if NOA never showed any interest to localize the game when it was on the GBA why would they localize it on the DS?  This is cool and all but I would wait for an official announcement regarding localization before getting excited.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 11:54:18 AM »
Yawn, why are they bothering with another Mother game.  It just isn't marketable.  I want an RPG from Nintendo as much as anyone, and have no problem with Mother games, I just would rather have one brand new RPG from Nintendo rather than have six Mother games.  Also it would help for them to create a RPG that could be sold to Sony gamers, those people that Nintendo forgot they are supposed to be convincing to buy their systems.  Only hardcore Nintendo people know what an Earthbound game is.  And that doesn't mean every Nintendo fan is going to buy it.  

If they are going to make a sequel RPG then they need to pay Silicon Knights to make an Eternal Darkness 2.

Doesn't really matter since they probably won't even advertise the RPG no matter what it was, especially if it could sell like Eternal Darkness could to Playstation and Xbox gamers.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 12:54:43 PM »
Nintendo is not going to draw RPG fans from the Playstation.  They can't rival Final Fantasy, no matter how much better they could make an RPG, because it has a reputation and is, by default, superior.  It couldn't hurt, of course, but I wouldn't expect someone to just drop their crappy playstation controller and convert because Nintendo RPGs start popping up.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 01:18:49 PM »
"Only hardcore Nintendo people know what an Earthbound game is."

And therefore is like a new series...And oh no, a game pointed towards hardcore gamers?  WHAT A ****ING DISASTER!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 01:33:07 PM »
Apparently IGN screwed up...or let something out they shouldn't have...cuz now it's for GBA again...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2004, 04:30:08 PM »

I haven't played any game from this franchise before, and I hope NOA gives me the chance to play this game.  Nintendo should use every tool they have to make a good diverse library anyway.  In other words, it would be new to gamers like me.
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2004, 06:53:11 PM »
"Nintendo should use every tool they have to make a good diverse library anyway. In other words, it would be new to gamers like me."

I agree.  I'm doubtful that Mother 3 will get a North American release but I still want it too.  Diversity is good.  Diversity is why the PS2 is the most popular system.  There aren't any games that are quite like Earthbound so thus it's a valuable franchise for Nintendo.  No one besides really hardcore Nintendo nuts are buying the five or six Mario games they release every year so it's not like using a lesser known franchise is going to blow up in their face or anything.  The "safe" Nintendo franchises aren't selling anything beyond niche status anyway so there's no greater risk in going with something different that most aren't familiar with.

Nintendo can't win by releasing games exactly like those that PS2 fans are interested in.  Nobody cares about knock offs.  They have to make their own stuff that becomes as popular as those games.  They're not doing that right now because they're not taking any risks or going outside of their little shelter of the same franchises.  Original stuff and obscure stuff that isn't milked to death like Earthbound are exactly what they should focus on.  Pokemon stayed in Japan for two years before they brought it here and it took off huge.  Advance Wars spent years in Japan before they brought it here and it's one of the most popular GBA games.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 12:05:23 PM »
Let's not forget about Fire Emblem and Custom Robc.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2004, 05:30:54 AM »
"The latest issue of Nintendo Dream confirms that Mother 3 is bound for the GBA, not the DS. This is contrary to IGN's original listings - which detailed Mother 3 as a Nintendo DS game.

That may be a little misleading however. We stress that there has been NO confirmation of a stateside release. Nor has there been any for Mother 1+2. Sorry folks, we want them as well."

from dshandheld.com

4 8 15 16 23 42