Author Topic: FIFA 17 vs PES 17  (Read 2257 times)

Offline King Dedede

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
FIFA 17 vs PES 17
« on: October 08, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Anyone playing this? This game sold about 1.1 million units in its first days after the release. Many people said that PES this year surpassed FIFA and in the end everyone buys FIFA and nobody buys PES.
PES 17 did not reach fifty thousand sold copies.

I have not tried PES 17 yet, but I'm already playing FIFA 17 since a few days ago... Overall, it seems good, at least better than the last edition. No doubt that this year they finally progressed a bit, unlike last year which in my opinion it was the worst version in terms of new upgrades.

AI its much smarter, it is more difficult to run through the defense, and it is also more difficult to score goals from long shots and set pieces.

The new game mode The Journey is a new addition to the game which is quite fun to play, but honestly I finished this game mode in 2 days...I'm pretty sure they will soon release a dlc.

In general (for now), it is good and I'm enjoying playing it.
For those who are playing the career mode, I leave here the list of FIFA 17 wonderkids. Basically, they are the best young players in career mode (players with more potential).

As for PES 17 I haven't played it yet because I just play games on PC and Nintendo's systems...and the game is weaker on computer than in consoles… maybe I will buy it along with the ps4 pro…

so I want to hear your thoughts…Do you prefer FIFA or PES?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:38:54 PM by King Dedede »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA 17 vs PES 17
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
As I think many people here know, I play a ton of FIFA every year, and have already played quite a bit of FIFA 17. I prefer FIFA over Pro Evo mainly because of the licenses. The league I care about the most is MLS, which is in FIFA but not in PES, so I play FIFA.

I spend most of my time with the career mode, but my usual strategy is to build my teams up through the youth academy, which has been made much easier with the player training options introduced last year. Even though I focus on MLS, I usually move all the teams over into one of the European leagues to add more long term gameplay like continental competitions, since FIFA doesn't include the CONCACAF Champions League in career mode.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline King Dedede

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA 17 vs PES 17
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 07:20:44 PM »

I also play career mode more than any other mode...I also like ultimate team but on PC there is always cheaters and the community is not as big as on consoles, but yes I'm still playing online just not as much as offline.

I am seriously considering buying the ps4 pro only to see how the game runs on it, and perhaps to make my fifa transition to consoles.