Author Topic: I want a Wii now...  (Read 13187 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:OFFICIAL Ask Random Questions About Wii Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2006, 08:39:20 AM »

Originally posted by: Svevan
Smash_Bro is right - this is why the game tells you that if you delete the Mii off the console you will lose your stats. Miis are Miis only, not stat trackers; I've moved my Mii to many different Wiis now and have had no stats transfer and none of the stats on my Wii affected either. (This is partly due to the fact that you cannot copy Miis from Remote to Wii, you can only move them. I don't think I ever bothered to move a Mii back from a friend's Wii to my Wii, too much effort.)

Ok what are you considering copy?  I moved my Miis from my busted Wii to my Replacement Wii and there on the memory.  The thing is they get the blue pants and I can't edit them.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2006, 08:45:58 AM »
You can't copy them. You can only move them. If my Evan Mii is on a Remote, and I want him on a new Wii, he will be moved, and he will no longer be on my Remote. That's all I mean. I don't think it's functional, honestly, because you can copy the Miis back onto the Remote if you want and they'll stay on the Wii. It just makes "copying" a two step process.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2006, 07:28:45 AM »

Originally posted by: MarioAllStar

Originally posted by: Ghisy
I have a question about the firmware: is it possible to know what version is installed on the console? (via a menu or something)

Go to the Wii settings menu (the one that lists options for sound, screen, sensor bar, parental controls, etc.). I believe it is in the upper right.

Well, I've tried that and I don't see anything on the screen that indicates the firmware version.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2006, 05:00:07 PM »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Ghisy
Well, I've tried that and I don't see anything on the screen that indicates the firmware version.

1. Go to the main channel menu (i.e., turn on the Wii)
2. Select Wii options button in the lower left
3. Select "Wii Settings" on the right.
4. In the upper right corner, the firmware version is displayed (e.g., "Ver. 2.0U").

The version number might not be displayed in earlier firmware. If you have updated console since it was purchased (and you haven't), the number should be up there (at least on American consoles).
Thanks for listening.

Offline ZeldaWarlord

• View Profile
RE: OFFICIAL Ask Random Questions About Wii Thread
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2006, 06:59:03 PM »
Is anyone else having slight Crackles in sound on their Wiimotes... ive had a lot of trouble with Zelda and more recently some glitches with Sports... is this cause my speakers are on too high, their on default settings, but i just want to make sure they are not defective... i thought with zelda it might have just been because the sounds were Ported, but now with Sports im slightly concerned

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2006, 11:41:02 PM »

Originally posted by: MarioAllStar
The version number might not be displayed in earlier firmware. If you have updated console since it was purchased (and you haven't), the number should be up there (at least on American consoles).

Hmmm, it's odd, I just double-checked and I don't see any number up there...
Oh well, I believe I have the original firmware on it since I bought it on launch day at Amazon.com
I also noticed I'm missing 2 options in the "Wii Settings Menu 3" (I've seen that on a Wii FAQ on Gamefaqs):
- Country
- Wii System Update
Mine only shows "Language" and "Format Wii System Memory".
Anyway, I'm waiting for Nintendo to release the ehternet-to-usb adapter to go online but I'm also a bit freaked out about the possibility of "bricking" the system.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2006, 01:12:06 AM »
Why didn't you have your friend in California run the update before sending it to you?  That way, if it got bricked he/she could have gotten a replacement from Nintendo without all the hassle.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2006, 03:40:57 AM »
Errr, that's a good question vudu! lol
I didn't think about that. Well, he doesn't play videogames at all and I guess I didn't want to ask yet another favor (the Wii story was pretty crazy).
I don't even know if he was a wi-fi network at home (I don't think so).
What happens to the bricked Wii btw? what goes wrong with it? can it still play games?  
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2007, 09:55:39 AM »
Here's a random question.

Is it possible to play multiplayer Wii Sports using my Mii but not have it affect my ranking?  When I show friends/family how to play the game I generally like to take it easy on them at first and let them get a hang of the controls.  This tends to bring down my ranking.  Any way to avoid this (and still be able to use my Mii)?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »
heres a random question
is it possible to generate graphics like this
the structures and backrounds in rough squadron
the characters of resident evil remake
at the same time
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2007, 01:52:08 AM »
You have to answer my random question before you can answer one of your own.  Them's the rules.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2007, 04:16:00 AM »
Vudu: Clone your Mii, and use him for family multiplayer events. He will be like your loser doppleganger (Like with Xander in that one episode of Buffy)

ThePerm: Never heard of rough squadron. but the answer is yes. The Wii is very powerful. (go look at the rebirth tech demo for the gamecube and double it) http://youtube.com/watch?v=ylyXEMPaVHQ  

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »
Ummm, the Rebirth tech demo was pretty much all FMV. It's not an indication of what the Gamecube can do, let alone the Wii.

The Perm: I'm going to have to say no. I could be wrong, but Rogue Squadron was a first gen Wii, and so far nothing released or announced for the Wii has touched it, graphics-wise. We might get shorter games that look that good since there'll be more resources to devote to it, but I wouldn't expect any sort of epic game to look that good.

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »
It's ridiculous how Rogue Squadron has held up against the new consoles in terms of graphics. That game is simply amazing- definitely one of the best looking games on the GC along with RE 4.