Author Topic: Tecmo's first game revealed (online anime-style golf)  (Read 22023 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: Tecmo's first game revealed (online anime-style golf)
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2006, 08:40:55 PM »

Yay, pictures!!! Ha ha, shirtless Dante is freaking me out, but I must say, it's nice of them to cater to all tastes. Looks like Tecmo is learning a thing or two from IGN's incredibly, amazingly, totally awesome "R u homo and playing gamez? SRSLY??" poll.

At least he sort-of looks like a person. Why do all the girls look they've borrowed their eyes from Sauron?
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Tecmo's first game revealed (online anime-style golf)
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2006, 12:33:26 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
I almost forget that Tecmo does more than just DoA (and Ninja Gaiden).

Seeing Pangya Golf and Tokobot Plus and some other game is a bit of a shock..."oh, yeah, there IS more than just Team Ninja!"

Pangya isn't made by Tecmo. It's an existing PC game made by a Korean company called Ntreev Soft. Tecmo just came up with the idea of selling it on the Revolution/Wii.

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
Yay, pictures!!!  Ha ha, shirtless Dante is freaking me out, but I must say, it's nice of them to cater to all tastes.  Looks like Tecmo is learning a thing or two from IGN's incredibly, amazingly, totally awesome "R u homo and playing gamez?  SRSLY??" poll.

The Japanese version of Pangya has a playable character called "Hard Gay" who's apparently a Japanese comedian who dresses and acts as an extremely flaming homosexual.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2006, 03:43:00 AM »

Originally posted by: Requiem
I don't know wether you guys are joking or not, but..

It's disturbing none-the-less.

If you EVER see me joke about this kind of thing? I've been replaced with a doppleganger and must be killed immediately.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2006, 04:39:48 AM »

Originally posted by: ruby_onix

Originally posted by: JonLeung
I almost forget that Tecmo does more than just DoA (and Ninja Gaiden).

Seeing Pangya Golf and Tokobot Plus and some other game is a bit of a shock..."oh, yeah, there IS more than just Team Ninja!"

Pangya isn't made by Tecmo. It's an existing PC game made by a Korean company called Ntreev Soft. Tecmo just came up with the idea of selling it on the Revolution/Wii.

Ah, my bad.  Still, if it sells well, hopefully Tecmo considers releasing their own unique games for it.

I'm sure I've made enough comments about how the one-handed controller can be appealing to those who play particular games of theirs just for the eye candy...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2006, 05:23:25 AM »
All the Women eyes look like the Eye of Sauron because they have the One Ring that can control them all.

It's truth in advertising.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2006, 06:58:26 PM »

Originally posted by: JonLeungAh, my bad.  Still, if it sells well, hopefully Tecmo considers releasing their own unique games for it.

I'm sure I've made enough comments about how the one-handed controller can be appealing to those who play particular games of theirs just for the eye candy...

Itagaki's made some comments about the Wii since E3.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=2887

Tecmo’s Tomonobu Itagaki  - “The Wii is truly interesting. People were talking about it. A person asked me to make a Beach Volleyball game for it, one that takes advantage of the motion controls. I wondered. Would this man really play it? Dead or Alive Extreme 2 will offer players more than 100 hours of game time, so I suppose they might need something to take a break with. I will consider.”

http://boards.1up.com/zd/board/message?board.id=egm_disc&message.id=724131

In an interview conducted by Game Informer magazine, Team Ninja Developer Head Tomonobu Itagaki discussed Nintendo's next-generation console, Wii, including any plans to develop for the system and the console's compatibility with Team Ninja's franchises.

During the interview, Itagaki noted he is very interested in the Wii controller. However, at this time he is engaged in three other projects - Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, Dead or Alive Cronus and Ninja Gaiden 2 - and is too busy to work on an original Wii game.

On the topic of Ninja Gaiden 2, which is presently without a solid platform, Itagaki expressed concerns with the control scheme if the game was made for Wii. According to the Tecmo developer, Wii's controller might might be a potential problem with sword control, especially in the realm of drawing the weapon backwards and swinging. Also, Itagaki worried enemies would need to have their intelligence reduced to compensate for the control issue.

Itagaki stated that people possess different strength levels, hence making development more difficult rather than easier, since the development team would have to anticipate an extensive variation in the speed different people move the controller. For these reasons, Itagaki was unsure if a game like Ninja Gaiden 2 could work on Wii

By the looks of things, it seems like he's willing to abandon his "I only work on the most powerful hardware" motto (which may already be gone, looking at Sony) for the sake of the Wiimote, and he's even contemplating downgraded ports with new controls on at least two of his three current projects, but that he's going to "wait and see" if any unforseen problems with the Wii pop up, like arm fatigue, or things like that.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2006, 07:05:14 PM »
Alright.  I've always wanted a 100 hour Pretty Princess Dress Up game.

Way to go Itagaki.  
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2006, 07:40:50 PM »
Extreme...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »
Itagaki stated that people possess different strength levels, hence making development more difficult rather than easier, since the development team would have to anticipate an extensive variation in the speed different people move the controller. For these reasons, Itagaki was unsure if a game like Ninja Gaiden 2 could work on Wii

Wait, I thought he didn't care about difficulties players might have with Ninja Gaiden?

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2006, 08:23:11 AM »
maybe he's just making excuses?
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »
yup he sucks!

ALL HAIL 360'S DOMINANCE IN JAPAN

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 3RD PARTY JAPANESE PUBLISHING!!!!!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2006, 08:21:24 AM »
So has anybody bought this game and played it yet?  I am curious if it is fun.  I want another Wii game and it is between this, Elebits and Metal Slug.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2006, 08:33:22 AM »
I HEAR THAT PEOPLE HEAR THAT GAMESPOT SAYS IT'S NOT FUN.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2006, 08:37:49 AM »
My friend has been religiously playing the PC version and he loves it. I don't see how Wii controls can subtract fun from the equation unless these are the same out of shape gamers that get tennis elbow from Wii tennis even though tennis elbow is caused by the impact of the racket with the ball...

Also, the game is out, which means I COULD BE ENJOYING SOME HAWT LOLIS, RIGHT NOW!!!!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2006, 08:39:10 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
GoNintendo has impressions and some harsh words about the GameSpot review.

Dammit, I was about to post that...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2006, 08:50:45 AM »
Just bought it, and after at least a dozen strokes, I haven't NOT gotten a Pangya...Maybe I just have natural talent for golf?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2006, 08:53:05 AM »
Remember GameSpot is the same site that gave Twilight Princess (Wii) a 8.8, I don't think their opinion counts for much any more.
IGN Loved the game and ranked as one of their favorite Wii titles. They also said that if your out of shape it will get a bit hard to play over time, just like real golf.

I'm totally hooked on the PC version, I can easily sit down and play it for hours and I can only see the Wii version as being just as addictive. The game plays just like Mario Golf and Hot Shots Golf so if your a fan of those games then you will love it. Infact based on my experience with the PC version I would say its actually a far better version then both of those games. The Wii version also has the option to play with the Wavebird or with the Wiimote so if you get tired playing with the Wiimote you can switch off.

The only reason I haven't picked up my copy for the Wii is cause I had MetalSlug reserved there as well and I've been waiting for it to come in so I only have to make one trip to GameStop.

But I'll say one thing this Weekend is going to be a PangYa Weekend ^_^
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2006, 12:13:31 PM »
It's out now in the US? Oh man, I just bought Elebits yesterday (got the plushie too thanks to a friendly Gamestop employee) and I am LOVING the game, but I wanna buy Pangya too! I love how there are just too many great Wii releases I can't keep up ^^
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2006, 04:59:06 PM »
Man I LOVE this game!
I just got done playing Super Swing Golf for the last 5 hours and I know I have to go to bed and get some sleep but all I want to do is keep playing it.
I even got a few of my friends hooked on the game.

The game plays far better then the Golf game on Wii Sports, Pangya plays and feels like REAL golf. Tecmo did a A+ job porting Pangya from the PC to the Wii and implemented the controls almost perfectly.

The single player mode almost makes up for the lack of Online play.
My only real complaint is the fact you can't make multiple accounts on one Wii. But at least when you play 4 player mode all the money you and your friends make gets added to the account.

As I said before if you like Mario Golf or Hot Shots you will LOVE this game.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2006, 05:16:32 PM »
Hawt Loli Golf is almost everything I could've asked for. Once I unlock Kooh? I may not be heard from on here, or almost anywhere, for quite a while. Mmm...Kooh.... Er nway tis gmeis grea fu. I cant wait to get some more Pang and get some even better stuff.  
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
My review is now up, for all of those who care...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2006, 05:00:30 AM »
Is Kaz in the Wii version? I know he's not out in the American Pangya yet. Also, how does the Desert course play? I remember reading about it in the PC version yet it was never released. I saw pics of it in the Wii version though.